• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Fantasmo

Why won't the
Merryweather Heist
trigger?

I did the
prep sub and cargobob work for it, tried calling Wade, did the first Lester assassination, all that's left is FIB and side missions. I've been playing as Trevor for an hour waiting for the call but still nothing.

Is it bugged or an I doing something wrong?

Grief.exe

Buy a garage and/or put a tracker and insurance on it at the mod shop.

what's this?

What do you mean?

My understanding is that the tracker allows the vehicle to show up on the map and the insurance will give you another one if it gets destroyed. Both are available for purchase in the Los Santos Customs shops (spray can icon).

Is that option in the single player? I can't seem to find it.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
Is that option in the single player? I can't seem to find it.

The tracker and insurance is MP only, it should have been added to SP too. You can buy a garage in SP but if your car blows up its gone for good, also if you loose it, sometimes they will show up in the impound garage.

Damerman

I forgot just how dumb the torture mission was. Rockstar doing social commentary is so embarrassing

i thought it was pretty good and made a convincing argument. I'm not saying the game changed my stance on torture, but they put forth a perspective that people should consider. I hate when people say mean things like this... what purpose does it serve other than to discourage developers from putting meaningful things in their games? "embarrassing" is more than hyperbolic.

I forgot just how dumb the torture mission was. Rockstar doing social commentary is so embarrassing

I thought it was good until Trevor basically spells it out for the player, because Rockstar knows that the majority of players are idiots who wouldn't know satire if it shat on their face.

Damerman

I thought it was good until Trevor basically spells it out for the player, because Rockstar knows that the majority of players are idiots who wouldn't know satire if it shat on their face.

totally agreed with this... could have been more subtle when trevor was going on his rant about.

Nah, Rockstar just sucks at satire.

lol thats their bread and butter, what the fuck are you talking about?

Ziffles

and GTA5's almost insultingly late PC port surpassed Skyrim as the most popular non-Valve game in Steam's history (in terms of concurrent player numbers) -- which is all the more impressive when you consider that the only store selling the Steam version is Steam itself.
At full price, no less. There have been exactly zero GTA V Steam sales... and it's still #1.

I just can't get over that. I wonder how it's comparing to Diablo III's sales.

totally agreed with this... could have been more subtle when trevor was going on his rant about.

Bread and butter my ass. Their "satire" is the most obvious, obnoxious shit a ten year old from Europe would conjure up about America. At least it used to be funny in the previous games, watching that Fame or Shame episode in the GTA V LifeInvader mission made my brain leak all over my controller.

Salsa

354858609.jpg

iXTejIrh.jpg

kifflom

Bread and butter my ass. Their "satire" is the most obvious, obnoxious shit a ten year old from Europe would conjure up about America. At least it used to be funny in the previous games, watching that Fame or Shame episode in the GTA V LifeInvader mission made my brain leak all over my controller.

That right there is an example of how unsubtle and lame a lot of the satire is in the game. Literally calling it Lifeinvader is lazy as fuck.

Salsa

it was always super lazy and on the nose

saying they're bad writers just aint right. the dialogue and story is great. the humor is as cheesy as it always was and I really don't think it's trying to be clever. they know how stupid it is and they amp it up each time. it's like a circus

KingKong

it was always super lazy and on the nose

saying they're bad writers just aint right. the dialogue and story is great. the humor is as cheesy as it always was and I really don't think it's trying to be clever. they know how stupid it is and they amp it up each time. it's like a circus

I think my biggest problem is that since they steal everything from movies the 80s and 90s of Vice City and San Andreas were a lot more entertaining than IV and V (and all the cartoonish characters fit a whole lot better)

Pachimari

Are anyone else having the wrong aspect ratio or something?

The icons are all at the edge, and the district names go a little off screen. And the subtitles are all the way at the bottom, right at the edge.

I have tried changing it to 16:9 but that didn't help.

Can a kind person help me out? :)

Rockstars "satire" has always been about as subtle as a clown with a trumpet up his arse farting the William tell overture.

5 minutes into this game and the typical rockstar writing makes me want to die a little inside. It so desperately want to be Hollywood but its terribly written garbage.

bounchfx

I can't do heists because every fucking time I respawn my camera bugs out and I see my character in the 'character select outfit' angle. I can move and do stuff but I cant see anything whatsoever until I die again. Anyone know what causes this or how to fix? It's game breaking, to a large degree.

MihowZa

Banned
I made Michael look like Zack Galafanakis and I can't stop laughing every few minutes. 10 hours in and this may be my favorite game of all time (guess the next 20-50 hours will tell).

antitrop

I liked the talk radio in the older games, and some of the stuff in IV (like Just or Unjust). V really felt worn out and unfunny by comparison. Though there were some bright spots, like JB Smoove.

Chakra Attack is fucking hilarious. Nothing will ever beat GTA III Chatterbox, though.

so it seems like in the storyline....
Trevor never really liked Brad?
im confused...i thought they were going to ditch Michael

I don't know where you get that from. Trevor likes him enough to be entirely devoted to breaking him out of prison.

Uriah

Ran into my first hacker in online mode. Guy ended up going 22-1, it was impossible to kill him with a gun. Multiple headshots did not nothing. We still ended up winning though haha.

Tainted

Been having a blast playing this again on the PC (Triple dipped after the 360 and PS4 versions).

60fps makes such a huge difference...such a shame the consoles focused more on the gfx rather than the framerate

I have a very modest system: i5-2400, GTX 560Ti and 8GB ram. I have ot run pretty much everything on 'Normal' (except for the shader quality which I set to high to get the moving trees). I think the game still looks great...I happily take the hit on texture quality to have it running at a smoother framerate, game sits on 60fps constantly with infrequent dips to the 40's

If anything, running gta5 @ 60fps on such a low powered PC, has revealed to me how underpowered the PS4 really is.

teokrazia

I don't know if it's realistic or techincally 'correct', but on PS4 I loved the unusual and subtle usage of the DoF and I'm still loving it on PC:
c1DIAWg.jpg

kSJ91BJ.jpg

of6WFsf.jpg

Tainted

So I bought a car for about a million bucks, thing blows up. I'm guessing it is gone forever?

Don't buy cars in SP..there's absolutely no reason to. Drive up near Vinewood and you'll have your pick of any sports car you choose. Steal one, take it to the mod shop and store it in your garage....you have just saved yourself millions

It's a shame they never brought the insurance mechanic from GTAO into the SP game, that would have been awesome and would've made buying cars viable

Foffy

Banned
Don't buy cars in SP..there's absolutely no reason to. Drive up near Vinewood and you'll have your pick of any sports car you choose. Steal one, take it to the mod shop and store it in your garage....you have just saved yourself millions

It's a shame they never brought the insurance mechanic from GTAO into the SP game, that would have been awesome and would've made buying cars viable

Aren't cars and the like insured if you buy them in singleplayer?

Oreoleo

Are anyone else having the wrong aspect ratio or something?

The icons are all at the edge, and the district names go a little off screen. And the subtitles are all the way at the bottom, right at the edge.

I have tried changing it to 16:9 but that didn't help.

Can a kind person help me out? :)
There's a slider called "safe zone" or something that will pull that stuff closer to the center of the screen. Sorry I can't be more specific, on mobile atm.

Is there anyway to set the game to automatically switch to 3rd person in vehicles and back to first person when you get out? Even with the FOV mod driving in first person just doesn't feel right. And there really really needs to be separate mouse sensitivity sliders like there is for the gamepad. Seems impossible to get a good setting where looking and aiming both feel good so I'm back to using a pad. Hope it gets patched in.

There's a slider called "safe zone" or something that will pull that stuff closer to the center of the screen. Sorry I can't be more specific, on mobile atm.

Is there anyway to set the game to automatically switch to 3rd person in vehicles and back to first person when you get out? Even with the FOV mod driving in first person just doesn't feel right. And there really really needs to be separate mouse sensitivity sliders like there is for the gamepad. Seems impossible to get a good setting where looking and aiming both feel good so I'm back to using a pad. Hope it gets patched in.

Yes, should be in the camera settings in the game menu.

Piers

Feels good to finally participate in some races nearing 30 players. The airport track seems particularly popular on high lap count. (Even if it's not my thing)
Getting players to join in jobs is still hard but at least it isn't impossible to get more than four or six at the moment.

Anustart

I love Trevor. Just got back from the port scouting and just seeing what they're doing to the poor cousins life is making me lol. And then trevor says they're saving him lol.

Top Bottom