• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Damerman

Nope not just you, super frustrating idiots for the most part who don't know how to even drive a vehicle let alone take part in a full heist.

Then outside of heists most of them just spend their time putting a bounty on your head in freeroam or trying to kill you....

I mean seriously you have an entire map with tons of missions and fun stuff to do but instead you decide to drive around one small area of the city and hunt others down?

Sad.

Wish I had more gaffers to play with.
A gaffer and i played the second heist at least 80 times in a night because so many of the players are absolutely useless.

When u get good teammates though... Its pretty glorious.

Been having a blast playing this again on the PC (Triple dipped after the 360 and PS4 versions).

60fps makes such a huge difference...such a shame the consoles focused more on the gfx rather than the framerate

I have a very modest system: i5-2400, GTX 560Ti and 8GB ram. I have ot run pretty much everything on 'Normal' (except for the shader quality which I set to high to get the moving trees). I think the game still looks great...I happily take the hit on texture quality to have it running at a smoother framerate, game sits on 60fps constantly with infrequent dips to the 40's

If anything, running gta5 @ 60fps on such a low powered PC, has revealed to me how underpowered the PS4 really is.

The is 560 ti better than the 560ti boost? Nvidea numbers conmfuse me. I'm running the game on normal at a solid 30.

Going to be online in a little over an hour (once Game of Thrones is done) if anyone wants to play. Name on Social Club is the same.

Hey Salsa, can you accept my request for the crew?

Thanks

iNvid02

its hit and miss with randoms but tonight we pulled off the whole pacfic standard (setups and heist) with 2 random guys and minimal restarts - ended up with $893k out of $1 million. its really fun when everyone knows what they're doing.

i've done all the heists a few times over now, i should really get back to the story

if you see someone who looks like this sneaking up behind you with a hatchet, its me

nrXWhRI.jpg

I swear, Trevor better be in the Single Player DLC....heck i want the Trio again..

i don't care for new characters, and i just don't want one of two of them

bring them all back R*

I swear, Trevor better be in the Single Player DLC....heck i want the Trio again..

i don't care for new characters, and i just don't want one of two of them

bring them all back R*

I wouldn't mind Trevor, Chef and Ron as we explore the intricate business strategies of Trevor Philips Enterprises.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'll be able to play this for the first time this week. :D I've been playing Saints Row the Third.

Are there any required vehicle obstacle missions in this game? They kill me.

What about required timed missions that are extra BS?

Ok GAF I'm at a loss. I pre-ordered the game on green man gaming and have spent my entire weekend trying to get this POS to install.

1. I activated and downloaded the installer from https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/activate
  2. I ran the installer as administrator
  3. The installer installs DirectX, Visual C++, and Social Club
  4. The splash screen shows for a split second
  5. The launcher downloads the 60 gigs
  6. I launch GTA V from the start menu, my desktop, from GTAVLauncher.exe and PlayGTAV.exe from my install directory and nothing happens.

No error messages. Nothing in the launcher.log. WTF is going on. Is this a known bug? I checked my bootstrap.log and it has this error in it:

Code:
[2015-04-19 08:24:42.510] [ ERROR ] Unable to get file version info size for C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
[2015-04-19 08:24:42.510] [ ERROR ] Last error: 2 : The system cannot find the file specified.

Is that the cause? I've tried reinstalling and re-downloading the 60 gigs 7 times now (goodbye 420GB of data T_T) and it just refuses to work. It feels like I've thrown $60 down the drain and it sucks. HELP ME GAF.

System specs:
- i5 4760k
- 8GB ram
- Win7 SP1 (64 bit - all updates installed)
- GTX 770 with 350.12 drivers isntalled

There are 2 issues I know of that could be the cause but I'm not sure enough about the specifics to know if that is what is causing your problem.

First of all is the Windows naming bug. If you have anything except the most basic characters i as the name of your PC then you've to change it.

Second is a bug where if your default "Documents" folder is not in it's proper location then the game wont work for you.

Gangxxter

Quick question, how easy is it to earn money in the end game, after you've finished the main story? Are there enough side missions/jobs you can do for an unlimited amount of times and which are also lucrative? (no spoilers please, just tell me if there are many lucrative side missions to do)

I remember in IV there were very few side missions and jobs to do, most of them (eg. drug deliveries) were limited to a certain amount of missions. The only way to make money in IV after "you've done everything" was stealing cars (as far as I remember). But each car only earned you $100 or so and it was so cumbersome.

The first time I played through IV I had the problem in the end that I had basically no money on my bank account and without jobs to do I couldn't earn much money for spending on weapons and so on.

Gangxxter

First of all is the Windows naming bug. If you have anything except the most basic characters i as the name of your PC then you've to change it.
They've released a patch now to address this issue, it should be fixed now.

Second is a bug where if your default "Documents" folder is not in it's proper location then the game wont work for you.
Huh? That's not true, my Documents folder is located on my D:\ drive and the game works on my machine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How long is the game for someone that likes to do most side quests (but not meaningless acyivities), more or less?

Salsa

im at 42 hours on what feels near the end and I haven't really done anything that isnt substantial (collecting submarine parts etc)

antitrop

im at 42 hours on what feels near the end and I haven't really done anything that isnt substantial (collecting submarine parts etc)

Yeah, you can always tack at least 10 hours onto a lowball estimate, for general "fucking around" time.

At a steady pace, I finished the game twice, each time in the mid-30s.

I've been a diehard GTA fan since the first one, so just running around and blowing stuff up at random doesn't have the same appeal it did in the PS1/PS2 days, so I kind of just tend to plow through the main and side missions in the newer ones. People who still get a thrill out of taking time between missions to do shit like evading high wanted levels for fun will obviously get more mileage. By the 7th game in the series (not counting spinoffs), the sandboxy nature of the gameplay doesn't do much for me, anymore; The core missions are my draw.

Anyway, howlongtobeat.com says the main story takes 31 hours. The Strangers and Freaks missions can easily tack on another 5 hours, or so.

Have any of you bought the Hydra online?

It's now available to me, but I want to test fly it first before dropping $3mil on it.

i'll pay $10,000 GTA$ for the trouble, somehow, if money transfers are possible.

antitrop

I've burnt 25 hours over the weekend, 5 of which is story mode and the rest is online.
Never touch story since I played online.
GTA V has the most well-designed missions of the entire series, in my opinion. Some of the shit towards the end is just mindblowing. It's definitely worth the time. Now that they finally have Heists in GTAO, I suppose that does make the story mode slightly less alluring.

GTA V has the most well-designed missions of the entire series, in my opinion. Some of the shit towards the end is just mindblowing. It's definitely worth the time. Now that they finally have Heists in GTAO, I suppose that does make the story mode slightly less alluring.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind.
I just kinda bored after I got Trevor and tried online. At least I got far enough compared to my PS3 experience back then.
Perhaps I'll get back to story later this week.

Jtrizzy

Playing a GTA game at 1080p60 is a revelation for the series. Just wish I could afford MSAA, but wow this has to be my GOTY so far. I was unable to enjoy it on PS3, and it was decent on PS4, but this is outstanding. No more triple dipping, but I'll happily double dip if it's going to be this good. I do know there are some issues, and I'm a little disappointed that I'm having to turn the advanced graphics page off, but it is still jaw dropping.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Playing a GTA game at 1080p60 is a revelation for the series. Just wish I could afford MSAA, but wow this has to be my GOTY so far. I was unable to enjoy it on PS3, and it was decent on PS4, but this is outstanding. No more triple dipping, but I'll happily double dip if it's going to be this good. I do know there are some issues, and I'm a little disappointed that I'm having to turn the advanced graphics page off, but it is still jaw dropping.
I can only dream. I can only play it on ps4 in a few days. I skipped it on ps3 because I didn't think it'd be a big step up from gta iv and that was just grody to me. That res and frame rate :/

Megasoum

Banned
Sigh... Played all night just fine and then the game crashed in the middle of Trevor's first mission.

When I got back to the desktop the Rockstar launcher was telling me that I had been logged off from it because my account was used elsewhere.....hmmmm

Dinjoralo

Sigh... Played all night just fine and then the game crashed in the middle of Trevor's first mission.

When I got back to the desktop the Rockstar launcher was telling me that I had been logged off from it because my account was used elsewhere.....hmmmm

Yeah, change your password. That's been happening to a lot of people.

ODDI

Have any of you bought the Hydra online?

It's now available to me, but I want to test fly it first before dropping $3mil on it.

i'll pay $10,000 GTA$ for the trouble, somehow, if money transfers are possible.

You can test any vehicle through the creator mode, so give it a whirl before you buy.

oneils

After I finally got the game working for the first time today I played it a ton. I put over 9 hours in. The game runs pretty damn smooth. I was impressed. I chose MSSA over depth of field effects. Runs awesome on my gtx770.

Can't wait to play more - it will be my third play through!

Salsa

dipped my toe into GTA online and played a couple heists with some PC neogangers

md80S2E.jpg

F3NCQXZ.jpg

SFd5AJa.jpg

fku2hxd.jpg

character looks appropiately like a sleazy douchebag

think he came out okay considering how bad the created characters look

online heists are fun but they make me wish the game ran better. it's more than fine on SP but those dips hurt the MP experience for sure

once im done with the story I guess i'll tone stuff down to play MP at constant rock solid 60

I'm loving this game, but I did something fucked up and the game didn't even acknowledge it.

It was an FIB mission and I had to get boiler suits, masks and stuff.

I did all the prep with Trevor and I have been playing the characters like I would assume they would behave. I like to do random asshole stuff with Trevor.

I bought the boiler suits, but just bought everyone the same color with out thinking. When it came to the masks I bought the Skull mask and the Hockey mask without paying much attention. Then I noticed the third mask was for Franklin.

I love Franklin and I think he's probably the most interesting character, but I was playing as Trevor and I thought to myself. What would he do to fuck with Franklin? So I bought the ape mask for Franklin. I was hoping for a confrontation, I was hoping Franklin would call Trevor out, but nothing. To bad, because that could have been a great moment.

Philtastic

Holy crap, just did the prison heist. That's pretty intense for the 2nd available heist! I had failed it a bunch of times last night with one group (in fact, we almost finished it the 3rd'ish time we did it except, at the end, one guy got killed by parachuting into our helicopter which killed him...) but got it tonight in only a handful of tries. I hope they just keep getting better from here!

Are you kidding me? The daily objectives reset at 11 PM my time just as I completed my last objective, so I didn't get it. Fuck this game.

Tainted

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The
Lifeinvader
stock goes up eventually, right..? Or did I screw myself over?Not really compared to KB/M, though, in my opinion.

nope, that one never goes back up. i made the same mistake my first time playing through. i'm not sure exactly how the PC market is at the moment but i've found the best BAWSAQ shares to buy are ammunation, los santos customs, hawk&little and pisswasser.

people will always be buying weapons (ammunation) and modding cars (LSC) so these stocks are gonna do better than others. hawk and little is a weapon manufacturer so gun sales will help them out. i did see pisswasser on the PC market and wasnt doing too good. on console this was a good investment as players agreed to manipulate it in order to increase the price.

also invest what you can in betapharmaceuticals, goldcoast, debonaire, redwood, fruit, and tinkle. these are tied to story missions and you will be told to invest in them when doing those missions but put in as much money as you can before then to make more back.

Top Bottom