• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Pezking

Releasing GTA V this year would be a good move, since this fall isn't as stacked as the previous ones.

Bioshock, Tomb Raider, DMC, Colonial Marines are all scheduled to be released in Q1 2013.

GTA V would be a great fit in October 2012, which right now has only these potential big sellers scheduled:

02.10. Resident Evil 6
09.10. Dishonored
23.10. Persona 4 Golden
23.10. Medal of Honor: Warfighter
30.10. Assassin's Creed 3

GTA V on October 16th. Believe!

Fjordson

I'd be really disappointed if it was moved out of this fall simply because of competition from other games. Not that we would ever know about it in any concrete way were that to happen, but shit...Strauss Zelnick could take a dump in a 360 case, put "GTA V" on the cover in the GTA font and it would sell more than all of those games.

Robot Pants

Releasing GTA V this year would be a good move, since this fall isn't as stacked as the previous ones.

Bioshock, Tomb Raider, DMC, Colonial Marines are all scheduled to be released in Q1 2013.

GTA V would be a great fit in October 2012, which right now has only these potential big sellers scheduled:

02.10. Resident Evil 6
09.10. Dishonored
23.10. Persona 4 Golden

we+got+one.JPG

"WE GOT ONE!!!"

Xbox Support knowing the release date for GTA 5?

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Most of the idiots who work there don't even know the most basic things about the service they are supposed to be providing support for.

Which is EXACTLY why GTA V will launch in March and not May of next year.
I agree. I don't see it coming out this year and March is the perfect slot. March 18th is my guess.

I wonder if it'll cannibalize Bioshock at all. I hope not.

That's true about the first point. As for the second, I've also watched it way too many times :lol really want some new info.
Max Payne 3 got a strong 3-month push. I wonder how long the marketing cycle will be for V.

Don't think we'll see anything on it until this fall. :-\

lefantome

from gtaforums:
Fiscal 2005 - 1.201 million (SA)
Fiscal 2006 - 1.038 million
Fiscal 2007 - 981 million
Fiscal 2008 - 1.537 million (IV)
Fiscal 2009 - 969 million
Fiscal 2010 - 1.160 million
Fiscal 2011 - 1.137 million
Fiscal 2012 - 826 million
Fiscal 2013 -> est. up to 1.850 million

This year we are going to have: Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2 and a month of Bioshock but that's not enough to reach the best revenue ever and beating 2008(with GTAIV released in April) by 300 millions.

C'mon is october 2012 release. How can R* make these numbers?

UrbanRats

Rockstar doesn't do E3. They will announce it on their own.

This time there's a chance they might be there:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, yes! We will be at E3 at the Take-Two Interactive area. We are looking forward to some great announcements coming out of E3 and hope you will either be attending, or tuning in! We're happy to have such involvement from our customers! Thanks for your question!

Kindest Regards,
Cam M
source: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=506680

Far from a confirmation, since it's R* support, but still.

GlamFM

Banned
Good point from gtaforums.com

Take-Two have announced just now that they are readjusting their previous earnings estimate of $2/share for fiscal 2013 to $2.25. Fiscal 2013 ends March 2013.

Bearing in mind that they had a net loss of $0.71/share for fiscal 2012 (and profit of $1.02/share for fiscal 2011), I think it's quite clear that GTAV is out during fiscal 2013 according to their estimates as of today. So that means the game can come out anytime between now and March 2013 - potentially even in 2012 if you look at those optimistic estimates. Last they had $2/share was the year GTAIV came out.

EDIT: Another important fact to highlight is that they are expecting a LOSS of $0.60/share for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 (which ends June 2012). That means the remaining three quarters have to make up for that to end up at $2.25 by March 2013...

Can they really make all that in the first 3 months of 2013 with GTAV? Or does it seem more and more like the game is coming out this year...

I've been expecting it to drop in late 2012.

It'd be almost a year since the initial reveal, and over 4 years since GTA4.

I think there's a big enough gap between Max Payne 3 and the prospective October/November months to speculate, it's not like the two would affect the sales of the other anyway.

UrbanRats

Yeah, if they want to bump Fiscal 2013 that much, wouldn't they need, not only GTAV, but GTAV with a good timespan in which it can make profit?
I mean if they launch it in March 2013, it's not that much time to get the best out of it, not even considering the cannibalization with Bioshock.

But of course, that's just me rationalizing my desire to have the game for October. :p

lefantome

Yeah, if they want to bump Fiscal 2013 that much, wouldn't they need, not only GTAV, but GTAV with a good timespan in which it can make profit?
I mean if they launch it in March 2013, it's not that much time to get the best out of it, not even considering the cannibalization with Bioshock.

But of course, that's just me rationalizing my desire to have the game for October. :p

Why march 2013?

Fiscal year 2013 goes from April 2012 to March 2013. If they want the can release the game now ad it will be in the 2013 year.

UrbanRats

Screw GTAV and give me my Red Dead sequel announcement at E3!

....even though I know that A) it isn't going to happen and B) If and when we do see another Red Dead game it'll probably be for next-gen consoles and fuck that shit.
RDR2 will eventually happen, but RDR1 used pretty much every Western trope out there, an RDR2 now would fucking useless.
Why march 2013?

Fiscal year 2013 goes from April 2012 to March 2013. If they want the can release the game now ad it will be in the 2013 year.

I'm saying that releasing your biggest game when you're about to exit the fiscal year (March) it's counterproductive.

02.10. Resident Evil 6
09.10. Dishonored
23.10. Persona 4 Golden

"Only"? Three of those sold more than 5 million copies the last time around.

jmoe316

fQj1x.png

From the gtaforums thread.

Edit: this is from the PDF take 2 released today at there earnings conference call Q4

I saw this yesterday and thought the position of GTA V in the list was interesting. The list is sorted by date and it appears after Bioshock Infinite which is released February 26, 2013. Makes me thinks GTA is coming out after that.

Am I the only one?

lefantome

I saw this yesterday and thought the position of GTA V in the list was interesting. The list is sorted by date and it appears after Bioshock Infinite which is released February 26, 2013. Makes me thinks GTA is coming out after that.

Am I the only one?
Is everything TBA and its between fiscal year 2013 and 2014, it doesn't say anything this chart.

Tba means to be announced, after that we will know the position on this list

GlamFM

Banned

Am I the only one?

Exactly what I´m thinking.

torontoml

Exactly what I´m thinking.

TBA always comes after things that have more definitive dates. That means it could be scheduled for anytime before Bioshock but because it hasn't been announced it will stay where its at on that list until then.

If they put it before bioshock that would likely represent some kind of release window, but as none has been announced they can't do that.

No way GTA V is coming this year. Especially with Rockstar announcing the DLC packs from Max Payne 3 that are going to be getting released all though summer till fall.

It will be announced for March 2013 or something, but then delayed till May. I am fine with them taking their time on it, I mean.....it's fucking GTA!

iNvid02

After being at E3's preview events, GameFly Media's editorial director Garnett Lee broadcast a podcast on May 25th, 2012, taking about publisher Rockstar will be at E3 by June to reveal a new trailer for the action-adventure open world GTA V.

However, his speculation is Rockstar will be there in co-operation with Microsoft for revealing the next trailer of GTA V at press conference; he also seems pretty sure that the highly anticipated game GTA V will be out this year's Fall.

more speculation

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
However, his speculation is Rockstar will be there in co-operation with Microsoft for revealing the next trailer of GTA V at press conference; he also seems pretty sure that the highly anticipated game GTA V will be out this year's Fall.

his speculation

Edit: Bah--you edited

Screw GTAV and give me my Red Dead sequel announcement at E3!

....even though I know that A) it isn't going to happen and B) If and when we do see another Red Dead game it'll probably be for next-gen consoles and fuck that shit.

Next gen Red Dead.....just thinking about it. Wowie wow WOW!!

Top Bottom