• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

That guy won't say where he got the info from. GI hasn't sent out the issues early and the digital copy isn't available at this time. So I really don't see how he has any real info on it.

My Michelle?
At least get Paradise City, ffs.

Also yeah that sounds pretty fake.

I've noticed a theme with fakers. Take something from the Project RUSH leak (only legit one) and mix it in with a rumor from 4chan or that "intern".

God I hate GTA fans sometimes.

ekim

GTAForums is hell on earth...

This. Exactly my sentiments towards it... they had 365 days to come up with Trailer 2, and they picked the 365th day to start working on it. Right when they knew a hurricane was heading.

Piss poor excuse somewhat... oop here comes a hurricane, time to kick up our heels and bust out the whiskeys hey Zee? lol.

-.-

UrbanRats

My Michelle?
At least get Paradise City, ffs.

Also yeah that sounds pretty fake.

I've noticed a theme with fakers. Take something from the Project RUSH leak (only legit one) and mix it in with a rumor from 4chan or that "intern".

God I hate GTA fans sometimes.

Yeah, although there's nothing really unbelievable there.
The only "stretch" is the names and the property buying thing (well and vehicle customization) but they are not really outlandish ideas.
Everything else you could've gathered from the screenshots (changing clothes) or from the RUSH leak.

Fjordson

This doesn't prove anything since Rockstar can certainly use whoever they want on the radio, but Aziz Ansari as the hip-hop DJ makes it sound pretty fake to me.

A lot of their DJ's have been serious artists or producers in whatever genre their station is. Not all of them, but a lot. I don't think they'll go from someone like Mister Cee or Funkmaster Flex on the hip-hop station in GTA IV to Aziz Ansari in GTA V :lol

So it's this coming Thursday (8th) that we are due all the new Game Informer info? Looking forward to some new screens...
Possibly another trailer also. The letter they sent out to retailers said their pre-order campaign is kicking off today and that they've "just released the second trailer".

Though that was before their NYC office was affected by the Hurricane (or just super storm now?) that hit the East coast. Ad they mentioned the trailer was delayed because of that on their newswire, so we'll see.

ekim

Well, preorders start today. I guess something will be shown today. At least some screens.

Hope the new trailer has actual gameplay. Wanna see how it looks compared to IV and RDR.

You will never see any actual gameplay of Rockstar's games until the game comes out. It was the same for IV,RDR and LANoire.

Hope the new trailer has actual gameplay. Wanna see how it looks compared to IV and RDR.

If you're talking about seeing it from a third person with a HUD then that's not going to happen. All of their trailers are going to be cinematic in style. It'll feature gameplay but always from a cinematic angle (just like the original trailer).

DonMigs85

Darn!
Well I just hope the PS3 version won't be 640p again. I do have a 360 but I prefer to play and earn trophies on PS3.

Fjordson

Well, all their trailers use in-game footage. Final product won't look any different.

But like SolidSnakex said, no chance they put out footage of someone literally playing the game. For RDR, LA Noire, and Max Payne 3, there were quick snippets of actual gameplay (like with a HUD and everything) in all of the Design & Tech videos, but I'm not totally sure they'll do a series of those for GTA. I feel like they have a lot less legwork to do as far as selling this to people compared to those games, so I could see them just doing what they did for GTA IV as far as pre-release media goes.

Only time that changes is the weekend before the game comes out. Retail copies get out in the wild and people start streaming the game. And then it's basically a mini-game in and of itself to try and find working streams before R* ninjas shut them down (they're scary fast).

sytadel

Well, preorders start today. I guess something will be shown today. At least some screens.

You will never see any actual gameplay of Rockstar's games until the game comes out. It was the same for IV,RDR and LANoire.
Yep. If I remember correctly the IV hud was revealed in a magazine just before release, and even then I don't think it was supposed to happen.

Fabrik

Banned
I really hope they improve the characters faces, they are fugly.
An older protagonist motivated by money sounds good. I just hope you don't have to obey stupid orders from stupid people all the time again and get to be your own boss.

Nibel

Max Payne 3 already felt really Breaking Bad'ish

I'm not quite sure if it's smart to have multiple protagonists - and by the way, where the hell is that trailer

Fjordson

An older protagonist motivated by money sounds good. I just hope you don't have to obey stupid orders from stupid people all the time again and get to be your own boss.
Yeah, I really think the obedient character on a "rags to riches" journey is out the window here. Or at least that's what the voice over in the first trailer makes me think. Though like a lot of my speculation thus far, this is assuming that we do actually play as the dude with the voice over.

Kinda crazy that it's been a year since that trailer and we still have no confirmation on who the main character will be :lol hopefully that's all put to bed after this week.

Jawmuncher

Yeah that bugged me a lot in GTA IV.
I clearly don't want to work for this person, but i'm going to anyway just because.

Fjordson

I'm trying to not get my hopes up. I bet we'll get a countdown tomorrow or something, and then maybe a trailer late in the week. Or just no trailer at all =[

The GI issue should be good, but I was honestly more excited for a second trailer.

Squire

Banned
I'm trying to not get my hopes up. I bet we'll get a countdown tomorrow or something, and then maybe a trailer late in the week. Or just no trailer at all =[

The GI issue should be good, but I was honestly more excited for a second trailer.

We're getting a trailer this week. Relax :) Kotaku went back up today, so R* NY probably got their power back as they expected to as well. They confirmed they're doing it. We'll have the trailer before the week is out.

Feature

Banned
There wont be an older protagonist. How will you be able to run fast or fight people with a 60 year old guy and make it a bit believable? All I want is this on PC for mods. If there are animals in there , imagine having a mod where you could spawn them in town. Bears and animal stampedes :D

Hopefully they add a zombie mode too / rampage mode.

There wont be an older protagonist. How will you be able to run fast or fight people with a 60 year old guy and make it a bit believable? All I want is this on PC for mods. If there are animals in there , imagine having a mod where you could spawn them in town. Bears and animal stampedes :D

Hopefully they add a zombie mode too / rampage mode.

GqQlx.jpg

There wont be an older protagonist. How will you be able to run fast or fight people with a 60 year old guy and make it a bit believable?

Have you played a Rockstar game this gen? If anything, they're one of the few devs I'd think would go for a middle aged man as the protagonist, or one of the protags anyway. Not 60, but 40-45 is a possibility. Niko, Johnny, John Marston, and Max Payne aren't exactly spring chickens. Plus the whole Michael Mann obsession they have + Breaking Bad popularity....

Fjordson

Some might say Niko controlled like a 60 year old man anyway! Bada boom.

But seriously, like Net_Wrecker said, I think they can easily have a dude running around in his mid to late forties or whatever. Just a personal thing, but that wouldn't really break immersion for me. You'll probably already be doing stuff no actual person would be able to do (or at least not do one after the other :lol).

Some athletes play into their 40s.

And anyway, it's a guy running around with a gun shooting people and/or driving while shooting people.
It's not like he's an Olympian trying to shave seconds off of his 40 yard dash.

You know what's not realistic? Young people being on top of the world.
They're dumb, they don't have strong social networks, and they're too busy chasing pussy to get their work done.

Agism works both ways! Come at me you young whippersnappers!

sytadel

IGN wikis Albert De Silva

Half Hispanic, once a part of a Vice City crime family, he has since moved and settled down in Los Santos with his kids to try and start a new life. He has a son, Kevin De Silva who is a stereotypical COD gamer.

Kevin De Silva

The son of Albert De Silva, a lazy, useless FPS gamer who can be found slinging abuse over multiplayer games. Kevin has no admiration for his dad, Albert or the lifestyle he has been given.

How old are these lead character rumors exactly?

UrbanRats

This is from the RUSH casting (which is legit, AFAIK):

Kevin De Silva – 18 yrs old – Albert’s fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

The rest is from the bullshit leak from some months ago.

Tr4nce

No, I didn't mean it like that man :)

I will be purchasing that GI issue for iPad, but don't know if I can recap the information that fast, you know...

UrbanRats

No, I didn't mean it like that man :)

I will be purchasing that GI issue for iPad, but don't know if I can recap the information that fast, you know...

Well, even if you're not the OP, you can post any additional info that they might've missed and it can be either edited in the OP or be in one of the first posts (in case you post in the first page) so no big deal.
It'll be a bullet point kind of thing anyway, i don't think we're allowed to post direct transcripts (maybe only in form of small quotes).

Tr4nce

Einchy:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-gta-v-to-launch-digitally-on-november-8.aspx

We announced our new cover back on October 11, and today we can share with you the release schedule for our December issue featuring Grand Theft Auto V.

In the morning of November 8, we will reveal the cover art and give you a break down of the issue (hint: the story is huge - over 18 pages in print - and full of details and screens we can't wait to share). Then, in the afternoon (US Central time) we will release the digital edition of Game Informer to iPad, 10-inch Android devices, and PC/Mac. Print issues will already be in the mail and should arrive to subscribers in the weeks that follow. Print newsstand is November 16.

Game Informer Digital subscribers have access to all three digital editions, or you can purchase the individual issues on iPad or Android for $4.99 (or subscribe directly to those devices through the appropriate storefront for $19.99). Game Informer Digital is available worldwide if you have the appropriate credit card and email information.

The tablet app itself is free for iPad and Android and you can check it out now (including a free copy of the Gears of War: Judgment issue).

Digital subs can be purchased directly online through us (via GameStop) or by visiting a GameStop store location, but it can take up to 48 hours to process (we know it's dumb and are working on it). Please subscribe early if you want access to all the editions. This is the only way to access the PC/Mac editions. Otherwise, iPad and Android are available for purchase instantly. The issue will also be available through Google's Play Magazine app as soon as possible. This supports all Android devices, but currently isn't part of our Game Informer Digital subscription and must be purchased separately. If you are looking for single print issues internationally, please contact backissues@gameinformer.com (rates depend on location).

So if you live in the US, go vote on the 6th, spend the 7th speculating and getting excited, and then grab your digital issue on the 8th! Everyone else in the world can skip the voting.

Forkball

I hope they incorporate Chinatown Wars way of getting rid of cops (destroying the cop cars instead of escaping the circle of sirens). That was a much more interactive and exciting way of getting rid of your stars as opposed to hiding in a corner for two minutes as the stars slowly fade away.

Dabanton

I hope they incorporate Chinatown Wars way of getting rid of cops (destroying the cop cars instead of escaping the circle of sirens). That was a much more interactive and exciting way of getting rid of your stars as opposed to hiding in a corner for two minutes as the stars slowly fade away.

I think GTA:IV nailed the police escape as you could actually escape and the cops played by the rules unlike previous GTA games where they would know where you were even if they could not see you.

In GTA:IV if you were a good driver and used side-streets and good maneuvering you could easily escape a high wanted rating.

MMaRsu

Banned

Hahahaha no way that wont happen. Its basically the same each r* game and thid one wont be different. You'll still be taking orders like a bitch.

And why pay for something i wont read aside from the gta5 stuff when it'll be all over the internet 5 minutes later?

Feature

Banned
3 more days!!! fuck ye son. Can't freaking wait, this will be the game of the century again until the next GTA is announced!

UrbanRats

Right! Why pay for anything?

Great attitude.
It's really not absurd.
I mean as long as he doesn't look for scans (which can be equated to piracy) it doesn't seem that logical to sub to a magazine for ONE article in ONE issue.
And that's the only way to get the PC/Mac version.

Most of the time, bullet points are fine.

Top Bottom