• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Disney is really spoiling us with this overabundance of bonus features lately. /s
But the 20 minute making-of featurette with Gunn sounds decent, all things considered, and audio commentaries are always welcome in my book.
It's quite disappointing to be honest, I miss the extended, feature length behind the scenes stuff that the older MCU movies had :(

It's quite disappointing to be honest, I miss the extended, feature length behind the scenes stuff that the older MCU movies had :(

That Iron Man 2-Disc edition was a thing of beauty.

And no One-Shots either...

Speaking of which, this is old, but i just came across it for the first time:

gunnavo5k.png

I didn't expect a One-Shot anyway, but i find this extremely hard to believe. It's not like the film is extraordinarily long and the disc jam-packed with extras.
But to be fair, Disney's discs are great regarding picture and audio quality, so maybe they really do use that space to the fullest.

Rengoku

So a couple of us are trying to work on a dancing Groot project, which involves Groot as a pot plant that will dance and synchronize with whatever music we send to it. Right now we're still trying to figure out the details on how to get a servo motor to sync with the musical beats in a song. Planning on programming on a raspberry pi. Eventually, we want to have it set up so that we can connect to it through bluetooth, and pass music through that way. Anyway, in order to get Groot to rock from side to side, we made him out of felt. Here's the first prototype:

ShBeF9t.jpg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
And no One-Shots either...
No One Shot was expected, they have their plate pretty full and it can be argued that AoS more or less covers that.

That Iron Man 2-Disc edition was a thing of beauty.

Speaking of which, this is old, but i just came across it for the first time:

gunnavo5k.png

I didn't expect a One-Shot anyway, but i find this extremely hard to believe. It's not like the film is extraordinarily long and the disc jam-packed with extras.
But to be fair, Disney's discs are great regarding picture and audio quality, so maybe they really do use that space to the fullest.
It totally was, IM2's as well since it shed a lot of light on the somewhat troubled production.
Also, it's barely over 40 mins of extra content, they have plenty of room. Could have been 2 discs even!

X05

Showaddy

So Adam Warlock's gotta be a lock for Guardians 2 right? Like they went out of their way to not mention him in the behind the scenes vid despite showing off his cocoon
twice.

adam-warlock-screencap-our-best-look-yet-at-adam-warlock-s-cocoon-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy.webp

screenshot-2014-11-13-at-2-52-22-pm-our-best-look-yet-at-adam-warlock-s-cocoon-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy.webp

So Adam Warlock's gotta be a lock for Guardians 2 right? Like they went out of their way to not mention him in the behind the scenes vid despite showing off his cocoon
twice.

adam-warlock-screencap-our-best-look-yet-at-adam-warlock-s-cocoon-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy.webp

screenshot-2014-11-13-at-2-52-22-pm-our-best-look-yet-at-adam-warlock-s-cocoon-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy.webp

Couldn't find a direct quote, but this is from an article about the blu-ray bonus features:

One of the recurring fan theories is that the Collector’s collection includes Adam Warlock’s cocoon. Gunn sheepishly admitted that it hadn’t been his intention, but he seemed to leave open the possibility of revisiting it.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...ils-guardians-of-the-galaxys-special-features

Jtrizzy

Anyone getting the digital version on the 18th? I wonder what time it releases? Amazon instant video is where I buy digital movies, even though they don't have 5.1 on PC. The PS4 app does 1080p 5.1 though.

Anyone getting the digital version on the 18th? I wonder what time it releases? Amazon instant video is where I buy digital movies, even though they don't have 5.1 on PC. The PS4 app does 1080p 5.1 though.

I've already pre-ordered it. Looks like it has all the special blu-ray features too, based on the playing time.

Jtrizzy

Hope it comes out at midnight tomorrow. I'm going on a binge with this, a 970, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Dragon Age, and GTA V. It's almost too much.

ced

Saw it last night, awesome, actually delivered on the GAF hype.

My only slight complaint is you can tell they chopped a lot to get it to 2 hrs, I wouldn't want it longer though.

They usually do. The lady who plays Mockingbird was almost Gamora, & Sebastian Stan was almost Steve Rogers. Justin Hammer was also close to being Iron Man.

....seriously? You mean Sam Rockwell was almost Tony Stark? I LOVE Rockwell but I don't know if that would have worked.

Jtrizzy

If anyone else is picking this up on digital, go with the Amazon Instant video version. It looks great at 1080p with 5.1, while iTunes is garbage by comparison and more expensive. Not to mention there is an amazon video app on iphone now,

X05

Not sure if any of you knew, but Disney Movies Anywhere now links to iTunes, Google Play AND Vudu, so if you do and claim the digital code there, you get the movie in all 3 services (I *think* it should work in reverse as well but I don't really know if it does)

EDIT:
Also, Google is having some deals in honor of the movie's digital release, including Awesome Mix Vol 1 for free!

Dalek

The special features on the Digital Edition are great-lots of good behind the scenes stuff, makes me appreciate the process and the movie even more. There is a documentary that is broken into segments and the segments are interspersed with little 8 bit animations of James Gunn in the movie meeting the Guardians, in a video-gameesque style. Near the end, James Gunn gives Star Lord the Infinity Gem to defeat Ronan. Thanos then shows up and witnesses this and then says "Guardians of the Galaxy, I will deal with you soon."

Man, I cannot agree. James Brolin is perfect for Thanos' voice.

He just sounds like a chubby kid with a deep voice filter, there's just not enough threat coming from his voice in my opinion and, outside of the dramatic music and the reactions from Ronan and Nebula, his voice alone doesn't really come off as something you'd expect from an 'alpha' villain, if you catch my drift. Maybe that's the point, though? He's not supposed to be this generic angry villain like Ronan. He's supposed to be smart and calculating.

Top Bottom