• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

cajunator

Banned
So a couple of us are trying to work on a dancing Groot project, which involves Groot as a pot plant that will dance and synchronize with whatever music we send to it. Right now we're still trying to figure out the details on how to get a servo motor to sync with the musical beats in a song. Planning on programming on a raspberry pi. Eventually, we want to have it set up so that we can connect to it through bluetooth, and pass music through that way. Anyway, in order to get Groot to rock from side to side, we made him out of felt. Here's the first prototype:

ShBeF9t.jpg

There exists a robot created with a similar idea called Keepon.
May want to see how this was done it could help with your project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-yrjh58ms

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A couple of those posters look real nice.

Also, went to bestbuy.com to preorder the steel book, and it says "Sold out online" :((((

He just sounds like a chubby kid with a deep voice filter, there's just not enough threat coming from his voice in my opinion and, outside of the dramatic music and the reactions from Ronan and Nebula, his voice alone doesn't really come off as something you'd expect from an 'alpha' villain, if you catch my drift. Maybe that's the point, though? He's not supposed to be this generic angry villain like Ronan. He's supposed to be smart and calculating.

Thats how I understood it. He's the one of the most, if not the most powerful entity in the universe. And one of the most intelligent. And he knows it. And everyone else knows it. He doesn't need to sound threatening for them to know he's not the type to make empty threats.

Just saw this. Thought it was pretty corny and the story was pretty generic. But from a child's perspective this would be insanely awesome because the visuals are fun.

Portugeezer

Really enjoyed this movie, although it would have been a little better to have a higher age rating. Still, there were some funny moments and I'm a sucker for sci-fi.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Think you can still pre-order in store?
Maybe, I'm not in the US so I'm screwed for the time being
I say "time being" because the TWS steelbook is back in stock, so there is hope!

Happy Birthday to me! Just got home from picking up my copy of the 3D Blu-ray version.

It was supposed to release in Australia on the 3rd, but it arrived early on my Birthday! :D

X05

i went to bestbuy at open to get mine and they sold out in 15 minutes.
I'm still holding hope that they restock and start selling them online again ;_;

Also, when any of you sons of schlags get it, post some pics :D

Dalek

I've got the Blu-Ray going now with James Gunn's commentary-great stuff!

* It was Kevin Fiege's idea to move the Marvel logo to after Peter is abducted.
* The "map" device that Star-Lord uses on Morag was given to him by The Broker
* The dog that shows on the holographic map is James Gunn's dog.
* The area on Morag is usually covered in seawater-but once every 300 years, the water recedes-which is why Star-Lord goes there at that time.
* The outdoor scene where Gamora and Star-Lord start fighting after they meet for the first time-it was so hot, over 100 degrees in England. James says that on the 3rd day of filming, the extras were all in their area out of costume in their underwear-because it was so hot being in the costumes was unbearable.
* In Thanos's scene, when James Gunn mentions that this is his introduction he kind of jokes that he had to "Shoehorn" Thanos into the story.

Fox Mulder

I'm still holding hope that they restock and start selling them online again ;_;

Also, when any of you sons of schlags get it, post some pics :D

some pics.

nice embossing on the front and weathering looks nice all around. Shame Disney keeps cheaping out on disc art though, they love boring blue or gray discs.

X05

some pics.

nice embossing on the front and weathering looks nice all around. Shame Disney keeps cheaping out on disc art though, they love boring blue or gray discs.
Thanks, the inside matches as an opened player even (was expecting some team art or something).
Damn it's looking sexy as fuck ;_;

EDIT: also just realized that this one has the movie logo on the case, IIRC the UK one doesn't.

Dalek

Ah! I always wondered this-Chris Pratt really did drop the Orb accidentally when he is handing it to The Collector.

Korosenai

Fuck this. Went to the marvel website to put in my code for my digital movie. I put it in, and it sent me to a part where I had to sign in. I signed in, then it told me to upgrade my account. I did that and then it sent me back to the code screen, went to put in my code again, and now its saying its invalid and nothing unlocked on my account.

X05

Isn't the code for Disney Movies Anywhere?

TEJ

Hey, I just ordered my blu ray copy with a free digital version. paid for overnight shipping.

Does anybody here want it? I'm fairly certain the digital version is region locked. so yeah, if you live in north america, be the first to quote me and I will send the code to you via note as soon as I can.

Tedesco!

Hey, I just ordered my blu ray copy with a free digital version. paid for overnight shipping.

Does anybody here want it? I'm fairly certain the digital version is region locked. so yeah, if you live in north america, be the first to quote me and I will send the code to you via note as soon as I can.

I'll take it if you don't want it!

Top Bottom