• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 Second Expansion: Path of Fire - September 22

Dizzy-4U

I feel like I missed out too many things to come back. I haven't even finish the last personal story :(
I bought GW2 when it launched but never put the time to play it fully. I started a new character about 2 months ago. I already finished the personal story, map completion 100% and the Heart of Thornes story. I'm a very slow player, getting distracted looking at pretty landscapes and such. You can get through the content really fast.

Sonicbug

No way! I've been gone a long time (way before HoT event) but the GAF clan was amazing.

Arg. Where will I find awesome people to get caught up with?

(It's still there. We still have a guild. We still have officers. You can come back anytime. I actually expect that we should be having returning players and the guild should hopefully become active once again.)

Jira

No way! I've been gone a long time (way before HoT event) but the GAF clan was amazing.

Arg. Where will I find awesome people to get caught up with?

It still exists and hopefully it will see a resurgence. You can get an invite to it if you want, PM me your account name for GW2 and I'll send you an invite if you're not in the guild anymore.

th3dude

(It's still there. We still have a guild. We still have officers. You can come back anytime. I actually expect that we should be having returning players and the guild should hopefully become active once again.)

It still exists and hopefully it will see a resurgence. You can get an invite to it if you want, PM me your account name for GW2 and I'll send you an invite if you're not in the guild anymore.

Yay!

Will PM once I make it back in game.

So Anet changed business model.
HoT will not be included with Path of Fire...
$20 for HoT..

Damn i was hoping to get some of my friends who skipped HoT to come back, now that won't happen...

th3dude

So Anet changed business model.
HoT will not be included with Path of Fire...
$20 for HoT..

Damn i was hoping to get some of my friends who skipped HoT to come back, now that won't happen...

Well, from what I understand, HoT was $50. So for the same price, you get both PoF and HoT this time.

Anastasis

For anyone else interested in Heart of Thorns, cdkeys is selling it with a discount code GW2CDKEYS20 that came out to $13.67 for me.

I didn't bite though - backlog is too big.

Mounts = cash shop out the ass. If you thought they went overboard with glider skins, lol

Holosmith and Weaver sound so cool.

Mounts new Glider...

I do love that mounts are tied to mastery and i don't have to purchase a different mount for each new skill it offers, just Skins, going to be replacing Jumper mount ASAP..lol

Jira

Mounts new Glider...

I do love that mounts are tied to mastery and i don't have to purchase a different mount for each new skill it offers, just Skins, going to be replacing Jumper mount ASAP..lol

Mounts probably each have their own mastery lines to unlock more abilities.

Gala

For anyone else interested in Heart of Thorns, cdkeys is selling it with a discount code GW2CDKEYS20 that came out to $13.67 for me.

I didn't bite though - backlog is too big.

So this would be all I need to play without the F2P restrictions, right?

Massicot

Note that CDKeys isn't an official retailer for HoT. I know they have a good reputation generally (compared to say, G2A), but just a heads up.

Just saying. Making it sound like it's really expensive. I'd say $30 is the average price for paid MMO expansions.

Depends on the content, if it's as good as the base game than yes definitely worth it and not expensive at all for how rich the game was, but if it's poor content wise and filled with bugs than not so much.

I do hope POF turns out amazing better than HOT (which I didn't enjoy and am glad I got it in sales).

Kalentan

Depends on the content, if it's as good as the base game than yes definitely worth it and not expensive at all for how rich the game was, but if it's poor content wise and filled with bugs than not so much.

I do hope POF turns out amazing better than HOT (which I didn't enjoy and am glad I got it in sales).

Fair enough.

I do think POF might be a bit deceptive.

I noticed in other threads on various sites some questioning the price point for 5 zones (even though something like Stormblood is $40 for 6 zones), but the 5 Zones are far larger than previous zones. HoT zones were about on par with the base games zones, maybe slightly bigger due to verticality.

However they said in the post-stream show for POF that they could have split up the zones in POF and said they had more zones in the expansion but decided to put the zones together so you have these massive maps rather than more maps and more load times between the areas.

It definitely looks interesting. I played through vanilla GW2 and all the Living World/Story stuff up to the HoT release. I did purchase HoT but kinda put it down a few weeks after and never got to finish the story since. Going to a desert/sand dune environment sounds really promising and its been something I've been waiting for in an MMO.

Matty8787

Everytime I play this game I cannot get into it... I dunno if it is the class I play or what but I just can't.

I find the maps overwhelming too as I feel I HAVE to do everything on them which bugs me.

I dunno, stuff like this makes me wanna re-download it.

Edit: Also as I preordered the game and paid for it before this f2p stuff, what does my account class as?

Rank the elite specializations by coolness:

Spell Breaker
Weaver
Mirage
Deadeye
Scourge
Firebrand
Soulbeast
Holosmith
Renegade

All of them are fantastic though. There's no Dragon Hunter or Tempest in the bunch.

Kard8p3

Alright GW2 players, quick question: I bought this, years ago on Amazon when a friend gave me a gift card, I'm trying to reset my account password but it's telling me I need the freaking serial code found in an e-mail from when I bought it, is there any other way to recover this so I can get back into my account?

Alright GW2 players, quick question: I bought this, years ago on Amazon when a friend gave me a gift card, I'm trying to reset my account password but it's telling me I need the freaking serial code found in an e-mail from when I bought it, is there any other way to recover this so I can get back into my account?

Contact support, explain the situation, if at at least have access to the email account you used to create your GW2 account, you should be able to get reset information from them, if you don't have access could be a tough situation....

Wanderer5

The specs that interests me quite a bit are Weaver, Holosmith, Spellbreaker, and maybe Firebrand. I love Revenant, but felt pretty bleh by Renegade, which I definitely need to see more of.

Ashodin

yeah contact support for reals

Elite Specs that interest me the most

Firebrand
Holosmith
Soulbeast

Deadeye having a specific sniping stance makes me giddy like crazy.

Kard8p3

Alright I contacted them, only problem is it could've been 1 of 2 e-mails, which I explained. How long does stuff like this usually take?

Top Bottom