• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Officially Announced (PR)

ram

LAWL - when was aerosmith last good song released? 20 years ago??? but people will buy this shit and the outselling of guitar hero continues, just like with all the other activision series...

Mojojo

TehOh said:
MIDWAY%20-%20REVOLUTION%20X%201994.jpg

I had forgotten Chuck Norris was part of the band...

FF_VIII

Banned
ram said:
LAWL - when was aerosmith last good song released? 20 years ago??? but people will buy this shit and the outselling of guitar hero continues, just like with all the other activision series...

COD4?

amirite?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
probably one of the most anticipated games on gaf--i don't know why the fans haven't flooded the thread yet but i guess people are burned out on all the speculation/anticipation leading up to this announcement.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Interested. But im a GH Whore. Planning on getting rockband too but who knows how many lightyears thats away in euroland.

ram said:

Yeah man! You know what I hate? Expansion packs! Doesn't matter if it's logical or not, you should ONLY sell new music for a music game as downloadable content at 2 dollars a go! FUCK having it on a disc you can resell, those FUCKERS need to quit putting out discs for people that want them!

stuminus3

All talk of selling out and milking franchises aside... I actually think this is fucking awesome. Probably helps that I like Aerosmith.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
TheGreatDave said:
Yeah man! You know what I hate? Expansion packs! Doesn't matter if it's logical or not, you should ONLY sell new music for a music game as downloadable content at 2 dollars a go! FUCK having it on a disc you can resell, those FUCKERS need to quit putting out discs for people that want them!

100000000000000000000000000000000000% AGREED. Still no PSN cards so im happy with this. Alot of bitterness in this thread because its not their favorite band thats in :lol

fresquito

I don't get why people get so upset by this news. Well, I know everything GH related is always trolled like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not interested in the slightest by this game, I don't like Aerosmith at all, but I'm guessing there's people that do, and you know, I'm guessing those will love to have a game like this. If they released a game like this about ione of my fave bands I'd be in heaven.

If Activision milks the thing, you can be sure it will end like Tony Hawk ended. Will it matter? No, it won't matter. Other games will take the stick and continue with the story. Skae did it for TH and Rock Band will probably do it for GH. If Activision is happy and consumers are happy, then I don't see who's to blame.

fresquito said:
I don't get why people get so upset by this news. Well, I know everything GH related is always trolled like there's no tomorrow.

I'm not interested in the slightest by this game, I don't like Aerosmith at all, but I'm guessing there's people that do, and you know, I'm guessing those will love to have a game like this. If they released a game like this about ione of my fave bands I'd be in heaven.

If Activision milks the thing, you can be sure it will end like Tony Hawk ended. Will it matter? No, it won't matter. Other games will take the stick and continue with the story. Skae did it for TH and Rock Band will probably do it for GH. If Activision is happy and consumers are happy, then I don't see who's to blame.

Thing is, it's a music game. How can it be "milked"? It's like saying iTunes milks music. They're not going to break the game by not putting in much dev time, the engine is done.

Mashing

Hey, how many bands have their own (kickass) rollercoaster? Yeah, thought so.

Suck it bitches!

*I'm not a fan or a hater of Aerosmith

CassSept

Ugh, thanks.
Although, i will buy if they do something like GH:Metallica (not gonna happen, Metallica wont let them do it), GH:Blind Guardian (not gonna happen considering they werent included even in GH3) or any of actually GOOD bands (note: metallica pre-load ofc)

Dream On is one of the greatest songs ever made and there are a ton of good Aerosmith songs from the 70s and 80s, but damn I wish these songs were in Rock Band. How can you NOT have vocals :(

dammitmattt said:
Dream On is one of the greatest songs ever made and there are a ton of good Aerosmith songs from the 70s and 80s, but damn I wish these songs were in Rock Band. How can you NOT have vocals :(

I would respond with "How can you NOT have guitar charts not made for little girls?"

Real Manly Notecharts > Singing along to songs.

::gives Guitar Hero 2 a hug and walks away forever::

It's amazing how since GH3 and what is sure to be tons and tons of shit being released how GH 80's suddenly looks so much better than it used to.

fresquito

TheGreatDave said:
Thing is, it's a music game. How can it be "milked"? It's like saying iTunes milks music. They're not going to break the game by not putting in much dev time, the engine is done.
Well, you can milk it if you don't meet a quality standard. Just you see the miriad of problems found in the different versions of GH3. Not to talk about the thought put into the song themselves (note charts).

GOD Aerosmith are disgusting. They didn't even write any of their hits. "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" was written for Celine Dion!

When you support Aerosmith, you support Celine Dion.

.. and baby murder.

fresquito said:
Well, you can milk it if you don't meet a quality standard. Just you see the miriad of problems found in the different versions of GH3. Not to talk about the thought put into the song themselves (note charts).

True, if the actual quality of the charts goes down that's the problem. I don't think the fact you're putting out a lot of games is going to be a problem though. You may spread your sales a bit but logically giving people more choice shouldn't harm you. The best thing about Rock Band is it's downloadable content, are you "milking" the game by putting three songs up a week, or are you helping keep it viable? This is just another way of providing content at a similar price. It's more restrictive, sure, but it's also more accessible.

This is an expansion pack, right? Just new songs + locations + characters in the GH3 engine? It'd be rather good if it would load the GH3 downloadable content, would look less like milking there.

Heck, if there was an option of downloading all the songs for cheaper as DLC for 3, that'd be good too. Sure, you lose out on achievements on 360, locations and characters, but it could also be for a discounted price. Sadly I don't think the GH3 engine was designed to have that much 'add-on' content - the Downloaded Songs 'tab' would be one hard to navigate long list.

I guess part of the dislike for this pack is that it hasn't been done as readily as Singstar. No-one moans about the fact that series is nothing but expansion packs (PS2, of course) - but the engine has been perfected, and they are all compatible with each other: you can switch discs on the menu without restarting etc or something.

fresquito

TheGreatDave said:
True, if the actual quality of the charts goes down that's the problem. I don't think the fact you're putting out a lot of games is going to be a problem though. You may spread your sales a bit but logically giving people more choice shouldn't harm you. The best thing about Rock Band is it's downloadable content, are you "milking" the game by putting three songs up a week, or are you helping keep it viable? This is just another way of providing content at a similar price. It's more restrictive, sure, but it's also more accessible.
Yeah, I agree. The Rock Band solution is the best for me. Eventually you can release Rock Band 2 with some improvements, and the downloaded content should work just as fine. But releasing expansion discs is always a good thing if done right. Besides band centered expansions are a sweet thing.

Joni

I don't know a lot about Aerosmith, they are a bit too old for me. So I'm skipping this one, I'm waiting for Guitar Hero
U2
IV.

Mojojo said:
I had forgotten Chuck Norris was part of the band...

And someones Mom with a lovely red bow in her hair above him also, I bet she gets the band lemonade for their practices.

pswii60 said:
Are they going to do Guitar Hero: Roxette for us Europeans?

I'd buy that! As apposed to the Aerosmith one, which I wouldn't.

I wonder how many of these band specific games they'll make. It seems like something that could run and run (like all the Singstar varieties) or just fall flat.

zsidane

Great!
And what's wrong with Aerosmith? Joe Perry is one of the best guitar players out there. Or are people bitching for the sake of bitching??

zsidane said:
Great!
And what's wrong with Aerosmith? Joe Perry is one of the best guitar players out there. Or are people bitching for the sake of bitching??

I think they're bitching because a once great franchise is now even more obviously at the milking point.

Vyse The Legend said:
Not sure how many songs it will have, but you can bank on a full-priced release.

You think they'll really charge $60 for 30 Aerosmith songs? I just can't fathom how that would be a value.

MrCompletely said:
You think they'll really charge $60 for 30 Aerosmith songs? I just can't fathom how that would be a value.

They're not all going to be Aerosmith songs, and it's in line with DLC. So it's certainly possible. Rocks the 80s was full price, so this probably will be.

TheGreatDave said:
I would respond with "How can you NOT have guitar charts not made for little girls?"

Real Manly Notecharts > Singing along to songs.

4 player with FUN note charts >>>>> 2 player with HARD note charts

Most people don't play Guitar Hero/Rock Band for the challenge. They play because it's FUN.

Top Bottom