• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

Shouta

donkey show said:
It's also the same with Strike's IWSP as well from what it seems. BTW, what does Full Cloth's I-Fields do in game?

Correct, IWSP works similarly as well.

Full Cloth I-Fields protect against beam attacks from the side and actives Full Cloth's Ranged mode giving its Blaster 18 shots and allowing you to do a few new attacks with it.

donkey show said:

I'll be watching these at work later! I can't believe we are getting this for the PS3. I've bought both vs. releases on the PSP.

I hope online mode will be solid. I'm talking my friend into purchasing this as well as he enjoyed the PSP releases as well...

TreIII

Mattlikewhoa said:
I hope online mode will be solid. I'm talking my friend into purchasing this as well as he enjoyed the PSP releases as well...

It would be nice if online was solid. As that's pretty much the only way I could see a real import "scene" for this game develop in the West.

Shouta said:
Correct, IWSP works similarly as well.

Full Cloth I-Fields protect against beam attacks from the side and actives Full Cloth's Ranged mode giving its Blaster 18 shots and allowing you to do a few new attacks with it.
Ahhh from the sides. I'm guessing it's the same for its Muramasa Blaster, too since it's also timer based. Watching some of the vids with FC, it seems rather OP... which I have no issues about. :3

Awesome. Was reading some of the system stuff on the main website in preparation for the OT and the game supports custom soundtracks. Want a particular version of your favorite Gundam theme to play on a particular stage, grab a track from your PS3 and set it so.

donkey show said:
Awesome. Was reading some of the system stuff on the main website in preparation for the OT and the game supports custom soundtracks. Want a particular version of your favorite Gundam theme to play on a particular stage, grab a track from your PS3 and set it so.

!!! G Gundam music all day

donkey show said:
Nice feature. Oh man, I'm looking forward to this!

Been working on some of the banners for the |OT|. What do you guys think of this so far?

gevbanner01b2.png

Lavalamp1138 said:
I think it's great! Eye-catching sexiness at its finest.
Thanks man. =)

Coxy said:
that's pretty awesome, like the avatar too
Thanks! Wacky Char is always the best.

As for those who were willing to help out with the translation side of things, could any of you attempt to go word for word on each of these slides for Trial Mode and Online Versus? I'm gonna replace the kanji/katakana with non-moon language for the |OT|.

Online Versus
onlinevs01.jpg

onlinevs02.jpg

onlinevs03.jpg

onlinevs04.jpg

onlinevs05.jpg

onlinevs06.jpg

Trial Mode
trialmode01.jpg

trialmode02.jpg

trialmode03.jpg

trialmode04.jpg

trialmode05.jpg

trialmode06.jpg

trialmode07.jpg

By the looks of it, Trial Mode is pretty much the same as Next Plus mode from GvG Next, even with the suit leveling. I am somewhat confused with the 8p lobby in the online versus slides. Anyone care to clarify what's going on in there? Are they doing something like quarter matches where team C will fight the winner of the Team A/B match?

It's also ending up being a lot bigger than I thought, but it's hopefully much more informative versus the usual PR shenanigans.

Shouta

The cab setup for EXVS is usually 8 machines tied together in a network. So if they're all on the same setting, the game will match folks up or teams up depending on their availability. I assume that the 8-player lobby may work the same way. 8 people join the same lobby, matches occur depending on the number of people while the others fight each other or play against the CPU while waiting. I hope the have a spectate mode as well.

Ezalc said:
That banner looks amazing man.

Thanks!

Shouta said:
The cab setup for EXVS is usually 8 machines tied together in a network. So if they're all on the same setting, the game will match folks up or teams up depending on their availability. I assume that the 8-player lobby may work the same way. 8 people join the same lobby, matches occur depending on the number of people while the others fight each other or play against the CPU while waiting. I hope the have a spectate mode as well.
Ah cool deal. I wonder if there is normal matchmaking as well outside of the 8 way network. Hopefully we can save replays as well. ^^

TreIII

Really nicely done on that banner. Can't believe little bit more than half of a month stands between us and being able to rock this game on PS3 at LONG LAST.

TreIII said:
Really nicely done on that banner. Can't believe little bit more than half of a month stands between us and being able to rock this game on PS3 at LONG LAST.
Thank ya much! If you look closely, Gackt and Linkin Park are also in there as well, heh.

Reading a bit more on the Trial Mode, you can get emblems in there to show off in multiplayer mode. You can also equip skills such as beam shielding or extended time limits. I don't remember doing that in the Plus mode of GvG Next. But it appears that the structure is exactly the same as GvG Next where you complete a bunch of missions before moving onto the next level.

Bandai had a live demonstration of Trial Mode and Free Play a couple days back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_J2d6TjSGY

Plus there are distinct ranked and player match options in the main menu.

Believe me, it's been rough getting all this data for the OT. Need game now. ;__;

Also, here's the most recent tier list I can find from gamefaqs. New units like Crossbone Full Cloth and Qan[T] aren't in because they weren't released when this came out. Maybe Shouta might have some info on a revised one.

List updated and created on 7/14/2011

Translated:

3000 point
S: Destiny, Strike Freedom > Master
A: Turn X > 00, Unicorn
B: V2、Wing Zero Custom, Nu, Turn A, DX

2500 point
A: Crossbone X1, Z , Talgeese III (added in later post) > Cherudim
B: Sazabi, Full Armor ZZ, God, Deathscythe
C: Kshatriya, Qubeley , Sinanju, Infinity Justice

2000 point
A: Char's Custom Gelgoog > Susano-oh
B: Heavy Arms Custom > Sumo, Dragon, Strike, Delta, Providence, F91, Gunner Zaku Warrior, Hyaku Shiki, Astray Red Frame
C: Exia, RX-78GP02, RX-78GP01, Forbidden, Gundam

1000 point
S: Zaku Custom > Dog (LaGOWE)
A: Tank (Hildolfr), Gouf Custom
B: Berga Giros, Qubuley MK-II
C: Ez8, Alex, Zudah> Gun EZ
D: Acguy

Ah those menus seems very english unfriendly heh. Was hoping it was like some other previous Gundam games that featured a lot of menu english

Great job on the banner by the way!

I can't believe I'm sooo close to playing this at home on a screen bigger then a PSP. I'll be sure to play this on my front projector setup when it arrives!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Donkey, if you need some extra help translating, I'm happy to help. My japanese has become rusty, but I should be able to help, and I can photoshop a few if you need help with that too.

Mattlikewhoa said:

I can't believe I'm sooo close to playing this at home on a screen bigger then a PSP. I'll be sure to play this on my front projector setup when it arrives!
well, you technically could have played on a bigger screen with the PSP's component out or homebrew'd remotejoy! It will be nice to play in a higher resolution for sure, though.

TreIII

_dementia said:
Put me in the camp that can't fucking wait either.

Yep. It's kind of funny how the game I'm most looking forward to this year is still technically a "Capcom game" (because I still believe the Gundam Vs. team is made up of Capcom staff, right?), but it certainly ain't Marvel, either! :lol

thetrin said:
Donkey, if you need some extra help translating, I'm happy to help. My japanese has become rusty, but I should be able to help, and I can photoshop a few if you need help with that too.
That'd be a big help! You think you can start working on those screens above?

Mattlikewhoa said:

Thanks man!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Online Versus
onlinevs01.jpg

Title: Team Shuffle Room

Left side:

Host Name
Player 1
Guest Name
2p etc etc

Right Side:

Room Details:
Room Name
Type: Team Shuffle
Stage: Random
Battle Time: 180
Lobby size: 8 people
(Not sure about this kanji): nothing (なし)

onlinevs02.jpg

left side:

Room List

Right side: Same as above

onlinevs03.jpg

Room Details:
Type: Team Shuffle Team Free
Battle Time: 150 180 210 240
Lobby Size: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Still not sure about this kanji, but the two options are "on" and "off".

onlinevs04.jpg

Same as the first.

onlinevs05.jpg

Team Shuffle Room. Players join the room and the game puts them into randomly assigned teams.

onlinevs06.jpg

Team Free room. Players get to join and choose what team they're part of.

Trial Mode
trialmode01.jpg

The only thing that needs to be translated here is "Full Armor ZZ Gundam"

Stats are as follows:

I think "Overall Power" Someone with better japanese can correct me.
Attack Power
Attack Power (I assume one is long and one is short range)
Boost
CPU (Not sure)
EX Gauge

trialmode02.jpg

This is explaining the difference between Goal Mission and Key Mission. Key missions are completed so that you can take on the Goal Mission. (I think!)

trialmode03.jpg

This is explaining map icons.

The yellow one is the start. Under that are regular missions that when completed show the letter rank the player achieved.

Upper right is Key Missions. Below that is Goal Missions.

That's all I'm able to do for now. I need to actually do some work this morning lol

(apologies. my Japanese is really rusty)

thetrin said:
That's all I'm able to do for now. I need to actually do some work this morning lol

(apologies. my Japanese is really rusty)
Nah man, thanks so much! I'll get to editing the screens soon. =)

Cool deal. I appreciate all the help!

I was playing some Destiny VS Plus for the heck of it and my god is it so slow in comparison to Next Plus and Extreme VS. The wait is killing me. >__<

TreIII

...Well, we already knew it was on the way (thanks to Amuro's VA letting it slip at TGS). I'm just surprised that Bamco is set to let loose a mere WEEK after the console port of Extreme goes to retail. :lol

Ah well. In any case, all I really want is for the DLC/append disc for the upgraded game to be released in a timely fashion. I would rather not have to wait a whole other year, just to pay for another standalone disc.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can't wait for the new Gundam Arcade game, but the queues will probably be terribly long. The ones now are the longest I've seen to date and they'll probably get even worse...

TreIII said:
...Well, we already knew it was on the way (thanks to Amuro's VA letting it slip at TGS). I'm just surprised that Bamco is set to let loose a mere WEEK after the console port of Extreme goes to retail. :lol
Didn't they do something similar with Next Plus and Extreme VS when Next Plus got released? And the same with GvG PSP then GvG Next Arcade, now that I think about it. I'm totally cool with that though considering the series is still alive for the near future and we get to play online finally.

Basically Scamco...

2332.jpg

donkey show said:
Didn't they do something similar with Next Plus and Extreme VS when Next Plus got released? And the same with GvG PSP then GvG Next Arcade, now that I think about it. I'm totally cool with that though considering the series is still alive for the near future and we get to play online finally.

I'm fine with this seeing how I don't live in Japan and won't have access to the arcade machines. A few arcades up north in Vancouver, BC managed to get the previous Gundam VS titles, but the complex setup for Extreme Versus prevented that one from coming over.

Ezalc

donkey show said:
http://emotibot.net/pix/2332.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Still my favorite version of this pic, it always gets me hahaha. Scamco won't be getting any of my love or money if there is no Spiegel DLC.

TreIII

Coxy said:

*saved*

But yeah, if Spiegel doesn't make it in, it just likely means that he, much like Ribbons, probably is being saved for the next game.

Spiegel and Maxter. Gimme both of those, and I'll shut up about my G Gundam requests for at least a little while...

Got some info from new Famitsu scans. These units are CPU-only (if you didn't know already):

- Throne Zwei
- Lady Gaga
- Legend
- Akatsuki
- Vigna Ghina (liked this one in Next Plus)
- Re-ZEL

The arcade version of the game is really really really good.

But fuck that price. I will either hope for a cheaper Amazon price or just wait for it to drop in price at used stores.

I can't afford games that are the equivalent of $100. I know it won't do anything but I will be doing my part by abstaining at least.

edit: Actually damn Amazon already has a price that is at least near reasonable. Will probably preorder it once my paycheck comes this month.

BudokaiMR2 said:
The arcade version of the game is really really really good.

But fuck that price. I will either hope for a cheaper Amazon price or just wait for it to drop in price at used stores.

I can't afford games that are the equivalent of $100. I know it won't do anything but I will be doing my part by abstaining at least.

edit: Actually damn Amazon already has a price that is at least near reasonable. Will probably preorder it once my paycheck comes this month.
There is the Asian version which is like $20 less than the JP version.

They've also updated the main website with more mobile suit info from Crossbone and a bunch of others: http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/ms.html

Top Bottom