• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

TreIII

distantmantra said:
Did Asian versions of previous Bandai Namco games get first print bonuses? I don't know, I always buy the JP version.

The Asian ACE:R a friend of mine got ended up having the code.

Mattlikewhoa said:
Yeah tell me about it! I've been getting crushed buying car parts from Japan as of late :(

I've really cut back on importing games due to the Yen's current strength. I no longer buy PSP games on launch and now wait for price drops or cheap(er) used copies. I'm still waiting on SRWZ2 and Gundam Memories.

Shouta

donkey show said:
Will the asian version get the first edition bonus as well?

He'll be an unlock in the game too though (as far as I can tell( so I don't think you'll have to worry to much if you don't get the code. You just have to play the game!

Xater

donkey show said:
You guys mind if I do the OT for this game?

I don't. The only thing I still want to do is a menu translation with screenshots. Maybe that will get more people to play.

TreIII

donkey show said:
You guys mind if I do the OT for this game?

Go right ahead! Need any suggestions for the OT title? 8D

*inb4 numerous "EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME"-themed suggestions*

Xater said:
I don't. The only thing I still want to do is a menu translation with screenshots. Maybe that will get more people to play.
If anybody can help me out with that, I'll try. If not, I'll just ask my wife to translate and I'll add it on later.

TreIII said:
Go right ahead! Need any suggestions for the OT title? 8D

*inb4 numerous "EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME"-themed suggestions*

distantmantra said:
Go for it. Just don't go too extreme.

It's rather hard not to reference EXTREEEEEEEEEME in some form or fashion. I had a passing thought of doing "Gundam Extreme Versus |OT| Gundam + Linkin Park + Gackt = EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME"

or

"Gundam Extreme Versus |OT| Gundam + Linkin Park + Gackt equals..."

Hehe.

My request would be to tone down the crazy images (include box art, a couple gameplay shots and maybe a menu translation) and stick to text and links to Wiki pages. The less it comes off like a pathetic attempt at PR (ahem... MGS4 and Uncharted OTs, I'm looking at you) the better.

TreIII

I don't think a little bit of PR would be bad in this case.

For most people, this is likely either their first Gundam Vs. game, or perhaps the first one they've played since the likes of Federation vs. Zeon and Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam on the PS2, nearly ten years ago. Helping to hype and educate people at the same time will likely go a long way, especially since we're trying to sway possible importers.

Xater

donkey show said:
If anybody can help me out with that, I'll try. If not, I'll just ask my wife to translate and I'll add it on later.

Oh I actually want to do the translation. I think my Japanese should be enough to do that. :)

Ezalc

TreIII said:
Well, if means anything to you, the latest round of 2ch rumors spouted off that Spiegel is a console-exclusive unit (among a number of others). But of course, take that with grains of salt until we get more...

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god, please let this be true.

Also would buying this through play-asia be a good move?

EDIT: To clarify I live in Brasil, I don't think many places ship here.

Asian versions of PS2 games typically had a one or two page sheet with English translations of menus and controls. Too bad this appears to have died out with the current generation.

Beth Cyra

Ezalc said:
Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god, please let this be true.

Also would buying this through play-asia be a good move?

EDIT: To clarify I live in Brasil, I don't think many places ship here.
There was also rumors on 2Chan a while back that said the Console Exclusive from G would be Nobel so at this point I don't really believe either.

Then again if I had to choose it would be Shadow as it was the only Gundam I liked from G when I was watching it.

Wonder what the rest of the rumored units are, still hoping for Epyon EW for either a Console Unit or in the next version in Arcades.

Coxy

the list I saw was:

Forever Gundam
AGE-1
Genoace Custom
Stargazer
Strike Noir
Hyperion Gundam
X Astray
Blue Frame Second L
X Divider
Zeong
Nobel Gundam

dunno if I believe it but hopefully there'll be both a few hidden units in the game and DLC units too

Beth Cyra

Coxy said:
the list I saw was:

Forever Gundam
AGE-1
Genoace Custom
Stargazer
Strike Noir
Hyperion Gundam
X Astray
Blue Frame Second L
X Divider
Zeong
Nobel Gundam

dunno if I believe it but hopefully there'll be both a few hidden units in the game and DLC units too
The heavy additions to CE make my fucking head hurt. I also said baxck when this was first leaked that X Divider seems such an odd choice over adding what could easily be far more popular units and giving Garrod a second suit over pretty much anyone else.

Coxy said:
the list I saw was:

Forever Gundam
AGE-1
Genoace Custom
Stargazer
Strike Noir
Hyperion Gundam
X Astray
Blue Frame Second L
X Divider
Zeong
Nobel Gundam

I've seen that list, along with one that has Beginning 30 on there. I'll believe it when I see it.

Ezalc

TruePrime said:
There was also rumors on 2Chan a while back that said the Console Exclusive from G would be Nobel so at this point I don't really believe either.

Then again if I had to choose it would be Shadow as it was the only Gundam I liked from G when I was watching it.

Wonder what the rest of the rumored units are, still hoping for Epyon EW for either a Console Unit or in the next version in Arcades.

Ugh I hope it's not Nobel, I thought she was incredibly boring in the versus plus. This game needs more crazy German ninjas.

MechaX

Coxy said:
the list I saw was:

Forever Gundam
AGE-1
Genoace Custom
Stargazer
Strike Noir
Hyperion Gundam
X Astray
Blue Frame Second L
X Divider
Zeong
Nobel Gundam

The X Astray isn't an actual Gundam but just the name of the manga.

I'm fine with the Hyperion and the Astray Blue Frame (although, if they were going to give an Astray suit another spot, it really should be for the Gold Frame). But Stargazer and Strike Noir? Eh... Stargazer was kinda garbage and many suits have since taken portions of Strike Noir's style.

Shouta

TruePrime said:
The heavy additions to CE make my fucking head hurt. I also said baxck when this was first leaked that X Divider seems such an odd choice over adding what could easily be far more popular units and giving Garrod a second suit over pretty much anyone else.

Jamil could be the pilot of X-Divider

xero273

watching tourney streams this weekend and someone mentioned extreme vs.. i'm curious how that will work for tournies. offline the game is 2 players so unless they have some sort of system link option i don't think this game will do well in tournies. Is it possible to have ppl go online? this is also a pain since you are expecting a place to have internet...

The new PV is up on youtube. About eleven minutes of footage. I think it borrows some footage from the trailer shown at TGS, and even uses most of the same CG cinematics to transition between each series, but there's some new ones, as well as quite a lot of new suits being shown off. It's definitely worth the watch.

http://youtu.be/1AMSYP7hZJw

Lavalamp1138 said:
The new PV is up on youtube. About eleven minutes of footage. I think it borrows some footage from the trailer shown at TGS, and even uses most of the same CG cinematics to transition between each series, but there's some new ones, as well as quite a lot of new suits being shown off. It's definitely worth the watch.

so they showed 11 minutes of finishing skills to make any gundam fan unable to resist a purchase ?

Where is my wallet ?

Coxy

xero273 said:
watching tourney streams this weekend and someone mentioned extreme vs.. i'm curious how that will work for tournies. offline the game is 2 players so unless they have some sort of system link option i don't think this game will do well in tournies. Is it possible to have ppl go online? this is also a pain since you are expecting a place to have internet...

they were LAN playing it at TGS so I dont see why it wouldnt be in but there hasnt been any official word on it :/

Beth Cyra

Shouta said:
Jamil could be the pilot of X-Divider
Well out of all the characters they could add from X, Jamil would be the one I would be happiest about.

Still I find X Divider an odd choice.

Interesting to see some Hi Nu action, not exactly happiest about it's inclusion but I do love the design.

Ezalc

I raged when I saw that samurai gundam from 00 doing Spiegel's spinning attack. I raged. I raged and I shed a single tear.

xero273

Coxy said:
they were LAN playing it at TGS so I dont see why it wouldnt be in but there hasnt been any official word on it :/

that's good to hear. i hope they have some kind of system link or lan for offline

lupinko

Hey who is doing the official thread? If no one has said anything, I'd like to take a stab at it. It would be my first Official Thread too. =O

I think, I don't recall doing any prior.

Shouta said:
They should!

I know they should, but they probably won't since they didn't bother to do that in the previous games. =/

R_thanatos said:
It's gundam ..what's preventing namco for doing this ?

Laziness.

Xater

lupinko said:
Hey who is doing the official thread? If no one has said anything, I'd like to take a stab at it. It would be my first Official Thread too. =O

donkey show already said that he wants to do it.

xero273

lupinko said:

I think donkey show already called it.

kiun

Preordered this game over the weekend despite not knowing too much about it. Does this play like Capcom developed Gundam vs series on PSP ?

TreIII

kiun said:
Preordered this game over the weekend despite not knowing too much about it. Does this play like Capcom developed Gundam vs series on PSP ?

Yep. This is the newest game in the series, from the same development team.

Lavalamp1138 said:

Nice Hi-Nu footage at the end there. =)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Shouta said:
He'll be an unlock in the game too though (as far as I can tell( so I don't think you'll have to worry to much if you don't get the code. You just have to play the game!
What about DLC though?

Top Bottom