• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

Ezalc

TreIII said:
There's been rumors on 2ch that started circulating about a month or so ago that stated that Nobel was going to be in the console port.

I didn't like Nobel in the PSP one but anything is better than generic henchman gundam. Hell I'd take Master Asia's Horse's gundam over it. At least it would be interesting.

donkey show said:
I enjoyed using Shining in Next Plus. Shining Finger Sword combos are always fun. =) But Maxter is definitely one that needs to be in some upcoming iteration.

How did I forget Shining!? Shining Gundam was loads of fun to play as. Definitely one of my favorites in the PSP version. Still though Spiegel forever <3.

Beth Cyra

MechaX said:
Yeah, the Shining and Spiegel were absolute blasts to play in Next +. I don't know why they removed those two.
They removed one of Heero's suits besides the fact they played completely differently.

So it's not shocking that Shinning got the boot.

I was always kinda like WTF that Dragon made it over Spiegel and Altron though.

MechaX

TruePrime said:
They removed one of Heero's suits besides the fact they played completely differently.

So it's not shocking that Shinning got the boot.

I was always kinda like WTF that Dragon made it over Spiegel and Altron though.

Did they remove Wing Zero Custom or Normal Wing Zero? I liked playing as both, but yeah, they did not play the same at all.

Can't really vouch for Altron though (I hate Wufei), but Dragon is indeed a "WTF?" On the V Gundam side, I think they also took out Katejina's tire mobile suit.

Beth Cyra

MechaX said:
Did they remove Wing Zero Custom or Normal Wing Zero? I liked playing as both, but yeah, they did not play the same at all.

Can't really vouch for Altron though (I hate Wufei), but Dragon is indeed a "WTF?" On the V Gundam side, I think they also took out Katejina's tire mobile suit.
Well I to really hate Wufei (hate most of the Wing Pilots besides Treize/Zechs/Heero) but Altron was already in Next + and could have made the move but the took and gave the Extendo arm thing to Dragon and dropped Altron along with Spegiel and I much rather have had Altron and Spiegel over Dragon.

They removed Wing Zero TV. Though they did add certain aspects from Zero Tv to Zero EW.

As it stands he doesn't stack up nearly as well as either of the two forms seemed to in Next + according to some commentary I have read.

Shouta said:
Same series, just upgraded like crazy.
9azvr4.gif

Nix

Banned
FUUUUUU- no Wing Zero TV? Man, I was going to be going all heero suits this time; that's the only way to play after all.

_dementia said:
I hope its a voucher to remove Linkin Park from the game
I really don't understand why this is the main theme for the game. I mean, I listened to it and can see how the lyrics sort of relate to the political themes of the series, but the instrumentals are a far cry from all the J-pop/rock songs it'll include from the many OPs/EDs.

Beth Cyra

Nix said:
FUUUUUU- no Wing Zero TV? Man, I was going to be going all heero suits this time; that's the only way to play after all.
Been known for a long time man. If your name wasn't Amuro, Char or Kira you got your shit cut down to one.

Plus no Wing TV at all. Can't really be surprised Endless Waltz is getting huge push in Japan and has been for the last year and will continue to get if for the next, plus none of Wing TV suits are all that popular in the first place.

TruePrime said:
Endless Waltz is getting huge push in Japan and has been for the last year and will continue to get if for the next
Forgive my ignorance, but what's going on with Endless Waltz in Japan to warrant the push? Is it the manga? Or is there a Blu-ray edition coming out soon?

jackdoe

TruePrime said:
Been known for a long time man. If your name wasn't Amuro, Char or Kira you got your shit cut down to one.

Plus no Wing TV at all. Can't really be surprised Endless Waltz is getting huge push in Japan and has been for the last year and will continue to get if for the next, plus none of Wing TV suits are all that popular in the first place.
Haha. Don't forget Setsuna.

Also, the Wing TV suits are ugly as hell, but they got a push in SRW Z2 as well.

Beth Cyra

Lavalamp1138 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's going on with Endless Waltz in Japan to warrant the push? Is it the manga? Or is there a Blu-ray edition coming out soon?
Complete remake of the Wing TV series in Manga form except they are adding stuff like Episode Zero and placing the flash backs during EW in their proper time frames.

Not only that but it got a full on Sequel light novel in something called Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop (quality varies from person to person, curretnly 3 different Relena's, everyone looks like everyone else and everyons is pratically one big fucking family) that even has Heero getting his third lead suit, this time called Snow White.

Thing is while like someone else pointed out that Wing TV is getting abit of love between Z2 Part 1 and maybe Z2 Part 2 as well as stuff like Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. I really have to wonder if these latest editions could finally put the nail in Wing TV's coffin.

The series certainly isn't the highlight of Gundam popularity and the fact it remains popular outside of Japan is unimportant to Bandai so given how often the push is for EW to be used and the fact that it's actually some what popular could make the rare use of TV even more rare.

Also good point about Setsuna. However Setsuna doesn't seem like he will be able to stand the test of time like Kira has and I do think that going forward we will see his suit count drop to something similar to that of Heero, Domon and Garrod.

I just wonder how they if and when they will choose to use Snow White over Zero given it's probably the number one thing from Wing.

Forgot another part of the EW push is all the EW original units have (well Sandrock is this month and HA is in Jan.) getting the Master Grade treatment including Epyon. As it stands we could easily see the EW OVA's suits get upgraded to MG next year or with the next few as well.

jackdoe

TruePrime said:
The series certainly isn't the highlight of Gundam popularity and the fact it remains popular outside of Japan is unimportant to Bandai so given how often the push is for EW to be used and the fact that it's actually some what popular could make the rare use of TV even more rare.
Oh yeah. I completely agree with this. I'm surprised at how popular it is in the US considering how poor the animation quality got at times (so much reused animation) and how ugly the suits were.

TruePrime said:
Also good point about Setsuna. However Setsuna doesn't seem like he will be able to stand the test of time like Kira has and I do think that going forward we will see his suit count drop to something similar to that of Heero, Domon and Garrod.
I hope not. I like the designs of the 00 suits and I loathe Kira (but appreciate how cheap the Strike Freedom can be in a game if not properly balanced). Kira is Amuro-lite, and the quicker he goes away, the better.

Beth Cyra

jackdoe said:
Oh yeah. I completely agree with this. I'm surprised at how popular it is in the US considering how poor the animation quality got at times (so much reused animation) and how ugly the suits were.

I hope not. I like the designs of the 00 suits and I loathe Kira (but appreciate how cheap the Strike Freedom can be in a game if not properly balanced). Kira is Amuro-lite, and the quicker he goes away, the better.
Sorry but Kira isn't going away.

Amuro, Char and Kira. He isn't just thrown in there for no reason, he has truly surpased the majority of what is Gundam and have reached to what only the other two could go.

Setsuna, Heero (who was doing really well in Gundam polls) probably the new lead from Age will all fade far before we see Kira start to slip. They playing up SEED HD for no reason.

jackdoe

TruePrime said:
Sorry but Kira isn't going away.

Amuro, Char and Kira. He isn't just thrown in there for no reason, he has truly surpased the majority of what is Gundam and have reached to what only the other two could go.

Setsuna, Heero (who was doing really well in Gundam polls) probably the new lead from Age will all fade far before we see Kira start to slip. They playing up SEED HD for no reason.
Haha. Yeah, that comment was in jest, and I know it will never happen. The largest reason I dislike Kira has to do more with his character design than his actual character (though his "no kill" policy irks me a bit but not as much as Wing's pacifist craze). But the fact that his suit counts as a "real robot" in SRW (haha) makes up for it.

Beth Cyra

jackdoe said:
Haha. Yeah, that comment was in jest, and I know it will never happen. The largest reason I dislike Kira has to do more with his character design than his actual character (though his "no kill" policy irks me a bit but not as much as Wing's pacifist craze). But the fact that his suit counts as a "real robot" in SRW (haha) makes up for it.
SF isn't that bad honestly.

OO Raiser weilding a sword the size of a small country, OO Quanta having a Sword/Sheild/Blaster that is among the strongest in Gundam at all three things sitting on his right shoulder. Turn A and X with Moonlight Butterflies and being able to carry Nuke's in their chests.

It's weird but given how far ever other Time line has gotten Wing while it does have it's strong points is weirdly the most down to earth with only crazy thing being a Gundam with angel wings. Outside of that and maybe Gundanium for Armor Wing is pretty relaxed and laid back now adays.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played this in the arcade a week ago and to be honest it was really the same as the PSP version except for the graphics. Well, at least the network option will probably be fun as playing with bots gets old very fast.

Beth Cyra

Keiician said:
Played this in the arcade a week ago and to be honest it was really the same as the PSP version except for the graphics. Well, at least the network option will probably be fun as playing with bots gets old very fast.
That is the case for any fighting game.

Plus that is kinda how I wanted it, though some of the new systems boned my character but I don't mind.

jackdoe

TruePrime said:
SF isn't that bad honestly.

OO Raiser weilding a sword the size of a small country, OO Quanta having a Sword/Sheild/Blaster that is among the strongest in Gundam at all three things sitting on his right shoulder. Turn A and X with Moonlight Butterflies and being able to carry Nuke's in their chests.
Haha. Don't get me wrong. I love the overpowered nature of the Strike Freedom and I have absolutely no problem against it. The fact that it is essentially a Hi-Nu (probably the most overpowered Gundam in the UC before Unicorn) makes it a favorite of mine. Also, I love to use overpowered Gundams in games. They're fast as hell and pack a large punch. I haven't really played any SRPG game with the 00 Gundam yet so I don't know how cheap he'll be, but the cheaper he is the better.

TruePrime said:
It's weird but given how far ever other Time line has gotten Wing while it does have it's strong points is weirdly the most down to earth with only crazy thing being a Gundam with angel wings. Outside of that and maybe Gundanium for Armor Wing is pretty relaxed and laid back now adays.
Oh yeah. Definitely. No Newtypes or aliens.

Shouta

Keiician said:

Basic gameplay is the same but the game is 10x more grounded though and melee is generally a lot more effective compared to Next. Suit variety is through the roof as well. It's like going from Super Turbo to 3rd Strike or Street Fighter IV. The basic shit is the same but all the extra stuff on top changes the way the game plays.

I prefer the Wing TV designs for the most part, personally.

Beth Cyra

Shouta said:
Basic gameplay is the same but the game is 10x more grounded though and melee is generally a lot more effective compared to Next. Suit variety is through the roof as well. It's like going from Super Turbo to 3rd Strike or Street Fighter IV. The basic shit is the same but all the extra stuff on top changes the way the game plays.

I prefer the Wing TV designs for the most part, personally.
EWWW.

No but seriously, I enjoyed the TV designs but the Endless Waltz one's are so much better to me.

However as time goes on I fall more in love with Wing EW, hasn't topped Zero EW but it's become my second favorite Gundam design.

jackdoe said:
Haha. Don't get me wrong. I love the overpowered nature of the Strike Freedom and I have absolutely no problem against it. The fact that it is essentially a Hi-Nu (probably the most overpowered Gundam in the UC before Unicorn) makes it a favorite of mine. Also, I love to use overpowered Gundams in games. They're fast as hell and pack a large punch. I haven't really played any SRPG game with the 00 Gundam yet so I don't know how cheap he'll be, but the cheaper he is the better.

Oh yeah. Definitely. No Newtypes or aliens.

Well I guess Wing has the whole Disney thing going on now so thats something. Not sure which is worse, Aliens or Fairy tale princess.

Shouta

I don't like Zero EW myself. I've always had a distaste for the angel wings. Only design I like more than the TV one is Altron Gundam which was a significant improvement overall.

My biggest problem with the EW designs is that they removed some weaponry from the units and really pushed some of the aspects of the units too far.

Coxy said:
oh you, of course not, Hi-Nu was revealed to be the 1st run DLC bonus suit in famitsu this week

Really? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere online. Cool stuff. I wonder if it's going to be a time-locked unit or actual DLC?

TreIII

distantmantra said:
Really? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere online. Cool stuff. I wonder if it's going to be a time-locked unit or actual DLC?

Unlock code which comes with the game. If it's anything like ACE:R and others before it, it's just a nice bonus that allows you to unlock the unit ahead of time, instead of unlocking it manually.

TreIII said:
Unlock code which comes with the game. If it's anything like ACE:R and others before it, it's just a nice bonus that allows you to unlock the unit ahead of time, instead of unlocking it manually.

Yeah, I was wondering if it would be like the unlock code with ACE:R for early access to Amuro's Zeta.

Kacho

Namco needs to bring this over to the US. If they brought over all of those crummy Gundam games in the past, why not start bringing over the good ones?

Tizoc

OK I hope you don't mind me asking these quesions, I'm asking these while knowing nothing about the game ^_^;
1- Is Sinanju playable in this game?
2- What character/MS is a heavy+power type, if any?

Top Bottom