• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

TreIII

PhoReal said:
Namco needs to bring this over to the US. If they brought over all of those crummy Gundam games in the past, why not start bringing over the good ones?

Unfortunately, the combination of bad games that (deservedly) didn't sell well and Gundam's "niche" status in the West, have basically made it so that Bamco has all but given up on trying to market Gundam games in the West. Pretty much the only reason we keep getting the Musou games is because Koei pushes for them.

I'd like to think that what may be the best hope of this game getting released in the West, is if a decent import scene starts to make itself known, which then helps broaden this game's appeal abroad. As it stands right now, even people who may like Gundam may not know much about this game beyond that it reminds them of "Federation vs. Zeon" and/or "Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam" (both titles that were released on the PS2 in the West basically a decade ago).

So, here's hoping. If the ENTHUSIASM of Tales fans can make an impact on Bamco, maybe something similar could happen here with Gundam fans.

Tizoc said:
1- Is Sinanju playable in this game?
2- What character/MS is a heavy+power type, if any?

1) Yes.
2) That depends on your definition. A lot of the higher cost units can sport a lot of raw power. But I would guess that GP-02 might be something you might be interested in.

For more questions, I'd actually recommend you hitting up the PS3 Gundam Extreme Vs. boards. It's pretty much all we got for now until the community starts picking up.

Tizoc

Awesome, the Sinanju's my fav. MS design in Gundam lol.
Can you link to matches of the GP02 and Sinanju please?

lupinko

PhoReal said:
Namco needs to bring this over to the US. If they brought over all of those crummy Gundam games in the past, why not start bringing over the good ones?

Outside of the Musou games, they haven't brought any Gundam game over for the longest time.

To the above post, yes Sinaju is in the game.

Yeah, the Gundam franchise is pretty much dead outside Asia. Bandai made an effort by releasing all the PS2 games (we got about half what Japan received on that system) in the early 00s, but it didn't really create a big fanbase.

Shouta

Tizoc said:
OK I hope you don't mind me asking these quesions, I'm asking these while knowing nothing about the game ^_^;
1- Is Sinanju playable in this game?
2- What character/MS is a heavy+power type, if any?

1. Yes, he is. I've been using him as my main character recently.
2. Heavy/Power type MS are usually the ones with a bit more specialty and have big attacks that deal lot of damage though they might not be as super balanced comparatively. Full Armor ZZ Gundam is the best example of this. Double X, GP-02, Unicorn, and Turn-A would be other examples though in different areas.

911eITs0MkL._AA500_.jpg

Hot hot hot.

MechaX

lupinko said:
Outside of the Musou games, they haven't brought any Gundam game over for the longest time.

Strictly in terms of VS. titles, I could see why they didn't want to bring over the PSP titles. And... well.. By the time Alliance Vs. ZAFT came out, Gundam was already on its way out the door in the West.

They could potentially try with this one, though. It would take even less effort than the Musou titles to actually publish (plus, every person who appears in this game most likely had a voice actor in the Musou titles) and it would even have a wider appeal + the Gundam fans who buy the Musou titles.

... But... you're probably going to have to import. This does have online, right?

Ezalc

So are they going to keep adding new gundams through DLC or is it just like the two or something that were announced before? I want my Spiegel Gundam damn it.

MarkMan said:
I am so in love with this game <3

Can't wait til' the 1st of Dec. ! <3
Please tell me you've got some special TE coming out for this game in some limited form or fashion. :O

I'm rather partial to this design in particular...

gundamstick.jpg

Shouta

Everyone that knows how good the series can't wait!

I'd totally get a tournament edition stick for the game even if I probably will play on a pad more often.

Shouta said:

I'd totally get a tournament edition stick for the game even if I probably will play on a pad more often.
An official all red Char TE would be boss.

Honestly though, one more month... we can finally get that match going since GvG Next Plus. =)

Since you've obviously played Extreme VS a bunch, how good are the Crossbone units? Been itching to mess around with X-2 since watching youtube vids. It looks like it has a really balanced moveset.

Shouta

X1 is great, a very good close range unit. Around the time it was released, it was the most played unit. It's gotten a little scaled back so you don't see it as much but it's definitely still a mean one. It's kind of a close-range all around unit and it has a ridiculously good assist and a crazy good whip attack to keep folks out.

X2 is basically the long range version of X1. Solid lock range and a ton of weapons, It even has an ABC mantle that recharges when used up (takes a while though). However, the mantle slows X2 down a little compared to the no downside version that X1 has. It also has lower HP than other units of its cost and its melee isn't as buff as X1 so you can end up eating melees if you're not careful.

I've been pondering over this for months and it's been bothering me ever since: why is the Asian version, at least on play-asia, roughly $80, while the Japanese version is almost $100? I mean, I don't understand why there isn't a uniform price between the two, and even then, why such a significant difference in price? I plan on ordering the Asian version since its cheaper so I can make up the difference by ordering a faster shipping option, but I feel uneasy, like this version will end up lacking in content. I'm worried about having it arrive, only to find out it's missing the online mode or something. Does anyone know why it's cheaper? I don't care if it's just your personal assumption, I just want some food for thought.

Lavalamp1138 said:
I've been pondering over this for months and it's been bothering me ever since: why is the Asian version, at least on play-asia, roughly $80, while the Japanese version is almost $100? I mean, I don't understand why there isn't a uniform price between the two, and even then, why such a significant difference in price? I plan on ordering the Asian version since its cheaper so I can make up the difference by ordering a faster shipping option, but I feel uneasy, like this version will end up lacking in content. I'm worried about having it arrive, only to find out it's missing the online mode or something. Does anyone know why it's cheaper? I don't care if it's just your personal assumption, I just want some food for thought.

It's because the Yen is ridiculously strong right now ($1 = 76 yen). Play Asia, Yes Asia and NCSX have all been regularly upping the cost of the Japanese version due to changing exchange rates. The HK dollar isn't as strong at the moment in comparison to other currencies, and the HK/Asian versions typically have a lower MSRP. Aside from the Japanese version having the CERO rating on the cover and the HK version potnetially having a one-page English translation sheet, the two versions are identical.

Times like this make me miss working near Japan Video Games since they'd have this game day 1 of release in the states and I can just casually drive down during lunch and pick it up. =(

Beth Cyra

Damn, time feels like it's going so slow for this game to come out. Even talked a buddy into picking it up and he doesn't like Gundam outside of HA KAI EW. Hopefully they announce some DLC units I would actually pick up.

Ezalc

TruePrime said:
Damn, time feels like it's going so slow for this game to come out. Even talked a buddy into picking it up and he doesn't like Gundam outside of HA KAI EW. Hopefully they announce some DLC units I would actually pick up.

Have they announced that the game will have DLC after release though?

donkey show said:
Well, they've announced Hi-Nu as a pre-order bonus for the game..

But since it's Bamco, I'm assuming they'll probably do unlock codes like they've done for Gundam Musou and others.

Gundam 0081 had DLC mobile suits, I'm hoping we'll get them for GEV as well. I mean, it's Bamco, they love nickel and diming the hell out of people.

donkey show said:
Anybody else in the UK here getting this game? It'd be nice to get in some games with y'all at a decent time every once in awhile. :D

I'm not in the UK, but your stupid friends list on PSN is full, I've been trying to add you for years now.

TreIII

donkey show said:

It's not so much a preorder bonus, and more like just a nice unlock code for the first print run copies of the game. In short, it's just like Amuro's Zeta in ACE:R, last year.

As for DLC, I certainly wouldn't mind if Bamco exercised a bit more in the way of forward thinking and actually did more to continually update this game to keep with the eventual GEV arcade update.

DLC would at least mean that we could possibly stay up to date with whatever the arcade market is getting, instead of having to wait upwards of a year or more for another disc release.

distantmantra said:
Gundam 0081 had DLC mobile suits, I'm hoping we'll get them for GEV as well. I mean, it's Bamco, they love nickel and diming the hell out of people.

I'm not in the UK, but your stupid friends list on PSN is full, I've been trying to add you for years now.
Ah fuck, I had no idea! What's your PSN? I'll add you tomorrow. :)

As for "DLC," I'm sure we'll see some AGE units show up at the very least. Hell, even Gunpla Builders might pop up.

Shouta

Well, expect them to nickel and dime us if they plan on adding suits later but it's likely they've been working on a bunch of suits for the home release and may be saving stuff for the update to Extreme VS or so for Arcades.

donkey show said:
Ah fuck, I had no idea! What's your PSN? I'll add you tomorrow. :)

Distantmantra

As for "DLC," I'm sure we'll see some AGE units show up at the very least. Hell, even Gunpla Builders might pop up.

I assumed we'd get Age-1 and Beginning 30, but you never know with Bandai.

MechaX

I'll admit, I'm part of the problem with the Gundam DLC (I shelled out money for both the Kshatryia and the Seravee for Musou 3).

And is it too much to hope that the Nightingale will receive some recognition in this game since Hi-Nu is in?

Nix

Banned
MechaX said:
I'll admit, I'm part of the problem with the Gundam DLC (I shelled out money for both the Kshatryia and the Seravee for Musou 3).

And is it too much to hope that the Nightingale will receive some recognition in this game since Hi-Nu is in?
Everyone did friend. And it was glorious.

I really want a Wing game that goes through the entire continuity, but I know that's not going to happen. I'll content myself with just playing as Heero.

MechaX said:

That's nothing. I bought ALL of the Gundam 0081 DLC. That wasn't cheap.

Shouta

Nix said:
Everyone did friend. And it was glorious.

I really want a Wing game that goes through the entire continuity, but I know that's not going to happen. I'll content myself with just playing as Heero.

Z2 Hakai-hen features the early part of Wing TV and is probably going to finish it in Z2 Saisei-hen. It would be neat for the game to go straight into EW as well but probably won't happen.

Coxy

Eh I'm ok with DLC if they add stuff I want that probably wouldnt have otherwise made it in, like say a million suits from G Gundam. I'd buy the rest of the shuffle alliance, Nobel and Rain in Rising Gundam no questions asked

squall23

V2AB IS ON THE COVER INSTEAD OF SOMETHING LIKE ZETA?! THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!

Speaking of which. Come on Bandai, I want my V2AB Master Grade.

TreIII

Shouta said:
Z2 Hakai-hen features the early part of Wing TV and is probably going to finish it in Z2 Saisei-hen. It would be neat for the game to go straight into EW as well but probably won't happen.

Probably need to save something for Z3. After all, unless they're going to start incorporating stuff from that funky manga sequel Frozen Teardrop, there's no need to exhaust the available Wing material so soon, right?

Ezalc

Coxy said:
Eh I'm ok with DLC if they add stuff I want that probably wouldnt have otherwise made it in, like say a million suits from G Gundam. I'd buy the rest of the shuffle alliance, Nobel and Rain in Rising Gundam no questions asked

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. If I could add anybody from the G Gundam universe it'd be Spiegel and Maxter, and Rising since I like the fact that Rising has a lot of choices when it comes to weapons and such. Still the thought of DLC makes me consider purchasing this game. All they need to do is confirm Spiegel and I'm sold.

Ezalc said:
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. If I could add anybody from the G Gundam universe it'd be Spiegel and Maxter, and Rising since I like the fact that Rising has a lot of choices when it comes to weapons and such. Still the thought of DLC makes me consider purchasing this game. All they need to do is confirm Spiegel and I'm sold.
I'd pay DLC for Domon and Rain's Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken. :3

How would you guys be able to get Japanese DLC suits and all? Would it more expensive?
Errrr... JP PSN cards/codes? It's how I've been getting stuff on the JP PSN store including DLC for 0081 and the JP version of Gundam Musou 3.

TreIII

Ezalc said:

Well, if means anything to you, the latest round of 2ch rumors spouted off that Spiegel is a console-exclusive unit (among a number of others). But of course, take that with grains of salt until we get more...

donkey show said:
I'd pay DLC for Domon and Rain's Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken. :3

...But that's already Domon's Overdrive in BURST mode, right? 8D

Xater

Shouta said:

I will play it on pad although I have a stick. I am just so used to it at this point from the PSP.

donkey show said:
Anybody else in the UK here getting this game? It'd be nice to get in some games with y'all at a decent time every once in awhile. :D

I am from Germany so that should work out. ;)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is this game really going to be over 100$? I was thinking of importing it and expecting 70ish, but 100 is a bit steep.

Top Bottom