• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme Vs set for PS3

BattleMonkey said:
Do Asian versions use exact same online set ups for play? Wouldn't want to be locked out of playing with the regular owners

Yep, 99% of the time it's the exact same disc as the Japanese version. The only exception that I know of is Initial D Extreme Stage on the PS3. The Asian version had online play removed enitrely.

Sorry for the upcoming noob questions, but I have been watching YT vids of this now and was confused by some things.

This is a fighting game basically, right? How does it control? Is it twin stick like VO? Or is it 1 stick and buttons doing everything?

Also, is it auto aiming in the game? Or is it like you push a button to switch between who you are shooting at?

"This is a fighting game basically, right? How does it control? Is it twin stick like VO? Or is it 1 stick and buttons doing everything?

Also, is it auto aiming in the game? Or is it like you push a button to switch between who you are shooting at?"

1 stick and buttons, there's a button to switch targets.

ACESmkII

Teknopathetic said:
"This is a fighting game basically, right? How does it control? Is it twin stick like VO? Or is it 1 stick and buttons doing everything?

Also, is it auto aiming in the game? Or is it like you push a button to switch between who you are shooting at?"

1 stick and buttons, there's a button to switch targets.
One stick and a button to switch targets.

Shouta

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Sorry for the upcoming noob questions, but I have been watching YT vids of this now and was confused by some things.

This is a fighting game basically, right? How does it control? Is it twin stick like VO? Or is it 1 stick and buttons doing everything?

Also, is it auto aiming in the game? Or is it like you push a button to switch between who you are shooting at?

Stick and 4 buttons though you can use pad very nicely for the game as well.

There is no manual aiming in the game except in for some of the larger beam attacks that have a bit of control. You always fire at the opponet you're locked on to, your accuracy depends on what range you are in. A Green Lock means you're going to be inacuracte with your shot while a Red Lock means you'll hit 100% of the time if they aren't moving (which is rare).

Grokbu

Is there any site that's dedicated to explaining the Vs. games? Like how they're played, combos, tier lists etc?
Or should I look on various Forums discussing them?

I'd take a site in Japanese too, if there's none in English. :)

Astery

Grokbu said:
Is there any site that's dedicated to explaining the Vs. games? Like how they're played, combos, tier lists etc?

The official site explains it well enough imo. While it's a vs game, the combos are not as complicated as something like say Street Fighter.

http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/ac/system/index.html

TreIII

Grokbu said:

For right now, GameFAQs' Gundam Vs. forums are your best bet. The Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus (PSP) FAQs pull the majority of their data from JP wikis, and any info that exists on Extreme's Arcade and PS3 forums are similar.

It may be small, but we gotta start somewhere. Hopefully the PS3 port will inspire the start of a small scene.

Grokbu

Alright. Thanks a lot for the help, guys! I'll check the official site and the GameFAQs forum out.

I'm really excited for this! Gonna feel fresh learning a new kind of fighting game.

Grokbu said:
Alright. Thanks a lot for the help, guys! I'll check the official site and the GameFAQs forum out.

I'm really excited for this! Gonna feel fresh learning a new kind of fighting game.
It's a great thrill playing this game because of its hectic play style. Step cancelling is so good once you get used to it to extend attacks. =)

Grokbu

donkey show said:
It's a great thrill playing this game because of its hectic play style. Step cancelling is so good once you get used to it to extend attacks. =)
Want!

2V2 seems really fun as well.

TreIII

Alrighty, for those of us who were holding out a bit longer for the designated Asian version? This is your time!

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-gr9w-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-4ddf.html

$81.90 USD

If you guys got coupons that you've been keeping saved up for just such an occasion? NOW is definitely the time to start using them! :lol

I know I am. This will go along just fine with my Saint Seiya order and a "$10 off an order of $100 or more" coupon I've got on tap!

TreIII

Grokbu said:
Thanks for the tip!

Is there a reason to get the asian version other than the lower price point?

Nope. But considering that the two versions are the same thing anyway (JP language and all)? You might as well save a few simoleans.

lupinko

Not trying to damper anyone's parade, but there was an instance of the Asian version of a game not having online (or unless it came out in a rumoured patch later on I forget), and that was with Initial D Extreme Stage. The Asian release lacked the online component.

Not saying this will happen to GEV, but it's certainly happened before.

Grokbu

Hrm, alright. Thanks guys!

Since the asian version probably will be mostly the same as the japanese version, I might go with that.

But since there's a slight risk of it not having online mode (at release) the japanese version* might be a safer bet.
I could wait for impressions, but I want this as soon as possible. ^^

*Edited.

I can't believe I was late to find this...Anyways I bit down and I pre ordered the Japanese version. I used EMS shipping as well. I can't wait for this release. I haven't had the chance to play this version in the arcades so I'm HYPED!!!

lupinko

Preorders are up already or were already awhile ago, but here are the links anyway:

Play-asia: http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Extreme_VS/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4d4m.html - Japanese Version

Play-asia: http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Extreme_VS/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-4ddf.html - Asian Version

CDJapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-10131 - Japanese Version

I'm going with CDJapan this time around, because I already have Gundam Unicorn Vol. 4 BD preordered with them, and Unicorn Vol. 4 is out 12/2, a day after GEV, so might as well.

:D

Mattlikewhoa said:
WOW at NCS pricing...

I've dealt with them a few times and they have been great, but I'll hold on to my Play Asia order.

It's not NCSX's fault, it's the ailing dollar getting it's ass kicked by the yen. PA's price has been slowly rising as well due to the exchange rate.

IF YOU HAVE YET TO PREORDER THIS OR ANY OTHER JAPANESE 2011 GAME, DO IT NOW. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

First time I was in Japan (2006), it was 116 yen to the dollar. When I was there last year, it was 86 yen to the dollar. It's even worse now. Ouch.

Luigi87

This is the first I've seen extensive gameplay of... man, so good.. So many Gundams...
...urge to import going way up.

Ezalc said:
Still mad that Spiegel was replaced by some generic henchman gundam in this one.
Awww, no love for Dragon Gundam?

I will admit though, I would love some Tequila Gundam DLC.

mf_spike_a.gif

Plus there's still room for a new addition in AGE or even Gunpla Builders.

Luigi87 said:
This is the first I've seen extensive gameplay of... man, so good.. So many Gundams...
...urge to import going way up.
You need to hit up youtube and just watch a bunch of arcade matches already. =)

Ezalc

donkey show said:
Awww, no love for Dragon Gundam?

I will admit though, I would love some Tequila Gundam DLC.

The G Gundam reps are Dragon, Burning, Master and IIRC some generic Zako unit or something. In the PSP there was Spiegel and Noble instead. Spiegel was fucking awesome to play as. Dragon is alright but, imo, the best G Gundam will always be Spiegel. For DLC I'm hoping for Maxter and Spiegel.

Ezalc said:
The G Gundam reps are Dragon, Burning, Master and IIRC some generic Zako unit or something. In the PSP there was Spiegel and Noble instead. Spiegel was fucking awesome to play as. Dragon is alright but, imo, the best G Gundam will always be Spiegel. For DLC I'm hoping for Maxter and Spiegel.
I enjoyed using Shining in Next Plus. Shining Finger Sword combos are always fun. =) But Maxter is definitely one that needs to be in some upcoming iteration.

TreIII

There's been rumors on 2ch that started circulating about a month or so ago that stated that Nobel was going to be in the console port. Whether that turns out to be right or not will remain to be seen, but at least those rumors got Blue Frame 2nd L's inclusion down correct! 8D

Ah, Christmas will come a few weeks early when that game arrives at my place in December!

TreIII said:
There's been rumors on 2ch that started circulating about a month or so ago that stated that Nobel was going to be in the console port.

Want this so bad.

Huge Allenby Fanboy!!!

I need to see a HD version of that 10 minute presentation. That looked so good.

Beth Cyra

TreIII said:
There's been rumors on 2ch that started circulating about a month or so ago that stated that Nobel was going to be in the console port. Whether that turns out to be right or not will remain to be seen, but at least those rumors got Blue Frame 2nd L's inclusion down correct! 8D

Ah, Christmas will come a few weeks early when that game arrives at my place in December!
Got say G has me least excited out of new possible units. Then again the ones I do want aren't going to happen anyway so all good I suppose.

Top Bottom