• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

Cloud7

Can someone explain to me the cost changes? I see 400 and 500 there. How is that in comparison to the old system?

I am a bit sad that Zeta and Qubeley are both in the 500 cost considering that I loved using them in the older games when they weren't the max cost

Miker

With Gundam Versus Force (the PS Vita game) they added units for free overtime through updates. But I feel that was because there was not as much units compared to previous games before. Now there will probably be day 1 DLC unit codes that comes with physical and digital copies but we will just have to see what they do.

Hmm. I just need to know if there's gonna be a Gundam Versus EX in fall 2018 for $40 with extra content, etc. I'd hope not, but Guilty Gear Xrd is still doing it this generation.

Hmm. I just need to know if there's gonna be a Gundam Versus EX in fall 2018 for $40 with extra content, etc. I'd hope not, but Guilty Gear Xrd is still doing it this generation.

That's a good question. NB were looking for global appeal with this game, so that suggests against that old school upgrade model but I don't know for sure.

Xrd Sign > Xrd Revelator is technically a sequel tho. Rev 1 > Rev 2 is an expansion, but you but you have a physical/digital upgrade option. But I figure GV will do single DLC units until decide to add significant new mechanics.

Apharmd

Can someone explain to me the cost changes? I see 400 and 500 there. How is that in comparison to the old system?

I am a bit sad that Zeta and Qubeley are both in the 500 cost considering that I loved using them in the older games when they weren't the max cost

500 is 3000
400 is 2500
300 is 2000
200 is 1000/1500

Miker

Xrd Sign > Xrd Revelator is technically a sequel tho. Rev 1 > Rev 2 is an expansion, but you but you have a physical/digital upgrade option. But I figure GV will do single DLC units until decide to add significant new mechanics.

Sure, and I get that re-releases like Super Street Fighter IV added a lot of content even relative to its price, but I'm gonna have to resub to PS+ to play online and I'm a more casual player anyway, so I'd be slightly salty about any sort of new physical release.

If anything at all has to make it in from AGE, I will accept the Gundam Legilis. But if AGE is completely forgotten I won't shed a tear.

I want AGE-2 White Version, but would be happy with regular color scheme. And Woolf's G-Bouncer/G-Exes, cause Woolf was the best part of that show.

I want AGE-2 White Version, but would be happy with regular color scheme. And Woolf's G-Bouncer/G-Exes, cause Woolf was the best part of that show.
I just want the Age 2 in general in all of its versions. It is the best design of the Age units, probably because it takes its design from the Zeta Gundam.

Quoting for new page.

Current Roster:

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam
Guncannon
Char's Zaku II
Gouf
Gyan

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Gundam Ground Type
Gundam Ez-8
Gouf Custom

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam GP02A "Physalis"

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Zeta Gundam
Hyaku Shiki
Gundam Mk-II
Nemo
The O
Marasai

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Full Armor ZZ Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Qubeley

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Nu Gundam
Sazabi
Jagd Doga

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Unicorn Gundam
Delta Plus
Jesta
Sinanju
Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
Kshatriya

Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Gundam F91

Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-3
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
V2 Gundam [Assault Buster]

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
Wing Gundam Zero
Gundam Deathscythe Hell
Gundam Heavyarms Kai
Gundam Sandrock Kai
Altron Gundam
Gundam Epyon
Tallgeese
Tallgeese II

Turn A Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Turn X
SUMO [Gold Type]

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Freedom Gundam
Blitz Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Gundam Exia
Gundam Dynames
Gundam Kyrios
Gundam Throne Eins
Gundam Throne Zwei
Union Flag Graham Aker Custom
GN-X

Gundam Reconguista in G
G-Self

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Gundam Barbatos [4th form]
Gundam Kimaris Trooper

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Full Armor Gundam
Psycho Zaku

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready
Hot Scramble Gundam [Pre-order DLC]

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Fuck! I wish that they had included Atlas but alas I guess that's what DLC is for.

Thanks so much guys! If what the guy says in his doc is right then the 300 suits are going to worry me. I really liked the mobility and Amekyian aspects a lot.

No need to be worried; as the vast majority of 2Ks did not have amekyan options available.

But in GVS, everybody can boost dive.

Units cost at 200/300/400/500 out of a max of 1000 now instead of 1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 out of a max of 6000.

So, one thing I notice immediately is that this will probably have some effect on balancing. You still get exactly half out of a team of top-cost units, in other words after two deaths a game is over.

However, 200 is only 1/5 of the total of 1000, as opposed to the cheap units in previous games being 1/6. So right there, the lowest cost is more expensive when expressed as a fraction of the total available bar.

If I'm right (and I haven't had any coffee today, so bare with me) this actually follows up the entire scale, with the average relative cost of the mid-tier units also being a bit higher (by less than a whole unit, but still a notable amount).

In other words, the entire cost floor has been lifted up for everything below max cost. To make a comparison, the new tiers are actually equivalent to 1200/1800/2400/3000 by the old standard.

It's not a massive game changer, but it means that balancing is going to be different, and people who have been playing for a long time are going to have to get used to not having as many lives to fall back on.

EDIT: Or I could read the Google Doc above which notes basically the same thing, thanks eyeballs

Units cost at 200/300/400/500 out of a max of 1000 now instead of 1000/1500/2000/2500/3000 out of a max of 6000.

So, one thing I notice immediately is that this will probably have some effect on balancing. You still get exactly half out of a team of top-cost units, in other words after two deaths a game is over.

However, 200 is only 1/5 of the total of 1000, as opposed to the cheap units in previous games being 1/6. So right there, the lowest cost is more expensive when expressed as a fraction of the total available bar.

If I'm right (and I haven't had any coffee today, so bare with me) this actually follows up the entire scale, with the average relative cost of the mid-tier units also being a bit higher (by less than a whole unit, but still a notable amount).

In other words, the entire cost floor has been lifted up for everything below max cost. To make a comparison, the new tiers are actually equivalent to 1200/1800/2400/3000 by the old standard.

It's not a massive game changer, but it means that balancing is going to be different, and people who have been playing for a long time are going to have to get used to not having as many lives to fall back on.

EDIT: Or I could read the Google Doc above which notes basically the same thing, thanks eyeballs

I guess the assist system is made to compensate for that, and it seems like the lower you go the more you get per assist.

raven777

Wait, nothing from SEED Destiny and SEED is missing Justice? That and Gundam 00 not having 00 Gundam and Quan[T] are the biggest oddballs. They've got to get announced before launch. Can't imagine a Versus game without some of the main units.

Both Seed Destiny and 00 2nd season/movie is not in the title lineup so I don't think they will make it on the base game.

Orayn

There have to be more IBO suits, right? I thought IBO was ridiculously, overwhelmingly popular in Japan right now. I'm hoping for Bael and some version of Gusion at least.

Luigi87

5kHX8lW.jpg

giphy.gif

raven777

So I feel like all of my favorite gundams in VS games (Inf. Justice, Strike Freedom, Destiny, Shining/god/master gundam, Susanowo, quan[T]) are probably going to be DLCs.....
I hope they give out detailed DLC schedules before the game launches.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sumo Turn A and Kshitriya are in so I can save money on DLC : ^ )

Except for inevitable pilot outfits.

I haven't seen GP01 or GP03. Do they only have Unit 2 in this game? Feels wrong to only have one...
I feel like Zephyranthes and Dendrobium are basically guaranteed, and also wouldn't be surprised to see Gerbera Tetra.

Hitting 90+ suits means we're getting a lot of representation, and that's before you consider that several major series aren't around to eat into that count. I feel like that means the series that are in will see a much more comprehensive roster as a result (see all five Wing boys being in the first game, likely all of Celestial Being). Keep in mind, that big list of units is only 60, including Hot Scramble Gundam... we're still less than 2/3 the way there.

The only exception will be ZZ Gundam, which will like always get the shaft despite some amazing suit designs.

There have to be more IBO suits, right? I thought IBO was ridiculously, overwhelmingly popular in Japan right now. I'm hoping for Bael and some version of Gusion at least.

It just ended

A lot of the units from later in the series aren't even in Maxi yet. Both the ones that are are currently announced for GV

Like I'm almost 1000% sure the reason Barbatos is 300 cost is because Lupus Rex is going to be 500

jackal27

Banned
If OP wants to throw it into the first post, I made a list of the suits that are currently announced (source is the link a few posts above) and it can be updated as new stuff is revealed.

------

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam
Guncannon
Char's Zaku II
Gouf
Gyan

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Gundam Ground Type
Gundam Ez-8
Gouf Custom

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam GP02A "Physalis"

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Zeta Gundam
Hyaku Shiki
Gundam Mk-II
Nemo
The O
Marasai

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Full Armor ZZ Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Qubeley

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Nu Gundam
Sazabi
Jagd Doga

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Unicorn Gundam
Delta Plus
Jesta
Sinanju
Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
Kshatriya

Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Gundam F91

Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-3
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
V2 Gundam [Assault Buster]

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
Wing Gundam Zero
Gundam Deathscythe Hell
Gundam Heavyarms Kai
Gundam Sandrock Kai
Altron Gundam
Gundam Epyon
Tallgeese
Tallgeese II

Turn A Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Turn X
SUMO [Gold Type]

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Freedom Gundam
Blitz Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Gundam Exia
Gundam Dynames
Gundam Kyrios
Gundam Throne Eins
Gundam Throne Zwei
Union Flag Graham Aker Custom
GN-X

Gundam Reconguista in G
G-Self

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Gundam Barbatos [4th form]
Gundam Kimaris Trooper

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Full Armor Gundam
Psycho Zaku

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready
Hot Scramble Gundam [Pre-order DLC]

Man, really hope we get the other Gundam from 0083 even though GP02A is the GOAT. Would be weird to leave one of them out in my mind. I'm also a little sad we're not getting more ZZ mobile suits. That series was mixed in some regards, but had some awesome robots. Quin Mantha is one I'd really like to see.

Man, really hope we get the other Gundam from 0083 even though GP02A is the GOAT. Would be weird to leave one of them out in my mind. I'm also a little sad we're not getting more ZZ mobile suits. That series was mixed in some regards, but had some awesome robots. Quin Mantha is one I'd really like to see.

A reminder, there are still at least 30 more units to be revealed, all from the series already listed. I did a little dumb fanboy listing last night, and basically that's enough characters that very few noteworthy suits will be left out.

GPO1 and GPO3 are guaranteed. Quin Mantha I wouldn't bet on due to it being a mobile armor like Psyco Gundam.

jackal27

Banned
A reminder, there are still at least 30 more units to be revealed, all from the series already listed. I did a little dumb fanboy listing last night, and basically that's enough characters that very few noteworthy suits will be left out.

GPO1 and GPO3 are guaranteed. Quin Mantha I wouldn't bet on due to it being a mobile armor like Psyco Gundam.
Yes yes yes yes! I didn't realize this. Hopefully too many of them aren't Seed, haha.

I'm also REALLY hoping for some G Gundam since that series has been getting a little more love lately.

Yes yes yes yes! I didn't realize this. Hopefully too many of them aren't Seed, haha.

I'm also REALLY hoping for some G Gundam since that series has been getting a little more love lately.

G Gundam won't be in the base game. Every series that will be represented in the game has already had one suit revealed. Sorry.

However, given the way other series have been treated, it's safe to say that when G does show up (as DLC or in a future version) it will get a strong spread of representation.

Top Bottom