• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

Is this game a reboot of the series?

More like a new generation as opposed to a new iteration. Extreme Vs has been around a long time, and while it's been continually updated with new content and tweaked it has been a VERY long time since Extreme Vs replaced GvG. So Gundam Versus is basically just the new starting point that the next several iterations will build off of.

Needs more Linkin Park.

:|

More like a new generation as opposed to a new iteration. Extreme Vs has been around a long time, and while it's been continually updated with new content and tweaked it has been a VERY long time since Extreme Vs replaced GvG. So Gundam Versus is basically just the new starting point that the next several iterations will build off of.

:|

Nice, that makes sense. I was wondering if the extreme vs and this game were meant to be side by side but the way you broke it down it's the perfect way to go.

Nice, that makes sense. I was wondering if the extreme vs and this game were meant to be side by side but the way you broke it down it's the perfect way to go.

Yup. It helps that we're getting more than 90 units in the base game. A massive drop in roster size would make a new generation hard to swallow, but it looks like the actual foundation for Gundam Versus is pretty beefy.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Amount of guns fired in that OP - maybe 1
Amount of melee attacks shown - multiple

lmao kusoge confirmed

lol put the linkin park gundam in the game too

6.jpg

500 cost. Ultimate hamlord unit.

Side Stories plays similarly, and Gundam Unicorn is a space-based FROM developed title which is one of my favorite games from the PS3 generation.

Um.

super-robot-wars-og-the-moon-dwellers-english-458089.26.jpg
super-robot-wars-v-english-subs-478527.20.jpg

And also this.

gundam-breaker-ps4.jpg
sd-gundam-g-generation-genesis-english-subs-467399.35.jpg

I try to avoid importing whenever possible and I'm not a big fan of gundam. But if it's available on local stores, it would have been an easier pick up.

Finally got Freedom from Seed confirmed.

Yes, because the trailer and artwork absolutely didn't already do that.

But it's good to have the cost and other info. And that render is pretty nice.

I think I see new stuff though. Was FAZZ, Ground Gundam, and Crossbone X-1 Kai(?) already known?

Luigi87

Crossbone X-1 Kai was announced a week ago, but I wasn't aware of the other two.

Edit: Only just realized that the PSN page makes mention of a Gundam Versus PS4 theme for pre-orders. Also preloading of the JP version starts on July 3rd (or 4th?).

If OP wants to throw it into the first post, I made a list of the suits that are currently announced (source is the link a few posts above) and it can be updated as new stuff is revealed.

------

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam
Guncannon
Char's Zaku II
Gouf
Gyan

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Gundam Ground Type
Gundam Ez-8
Gouf Custom

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam GP02A "Physalis"

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Zeta Gundam
Hyaku Shiki
Gundam Mk-II
Nemo
The O
Marasai

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Full Armor ZZ Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Qubeley

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Nu Gundam
Sazabi
Jagd Doga

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Unicorn Gundam
Delta Plus
Jesta
Sinanju
Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
Kshatriya

Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Gundam F91

Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-3
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
V2 Gundam [Assault Buster]

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
Wing Gundam Zero
Gundam Deathscythe Hell
Gundam Heavyarms Kai
Gundam Sandrock Kai
Altron Gundam
Gundam Epyon
Tallgeese
Tallgeese II

Turn A Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Turn X
SUMO [Gold Type]

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Freedom Gundam
Blitz Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Gundam Exia
Gundam Dynames
Gundam Kyrios
Gundam Throne Eins
Gundam Throne Zwei
Union Flag Graham Aker Custom
GN-X

Gundam Reconguista in G
G-Self

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Gundam Barbatos [4th form]
Gundam Kimaris Trooper

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Full Armor Gundam
Psycho Zaku

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready
Hot Scramble Gundam [Pre-order DLC]

suits I'm pumped for

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready
Hot Scramble Gundam [Pre-order DLC]

Mobile Suit Gundam
RX-78-2 Gundam
Guncannon
Char's Zaku II
Gouf
Gyan

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Ground Gundam
Gundam Ez-8
Gouf Custom

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Gundam GP02A "Physalis"

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Zeta Gundam
Hyaku Shiki
Gundam Mk-II

Nemo. Who is plotting the Nemo?
The O
Marasai

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Full Armor ZZ Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Qubeley

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Nu Gundam best gundam
Sazabi

Jagd Doga. Quess or Gyunei. This is uber important

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Unicorn Gundam
Delta Plus

Jesta
Sinanju
Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
Kshatriya

Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Gundam F91

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
V2 Gundam [Assault Buster?]

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
Wing Gundam Zero
Gundam Deathscythe Hell
Gundam Heavyarms Kai
Gundam Sandrock Kai
Altron Gundam
Gundam Epyon
Tallgeese
Tallgeese II

Turn A Gundam
Turn A Gundam
Turn X
SUMO [Gold Type]

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Freedom Gundam
Blitz Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Gundam Exia
Gundam Dynames
Gundam Kyrios
Gundam Throne Eins
Gundam Throne Zwei
Union Flag Graham Aker Custom
GN-X

Gundam Reconguista in G
G-Self

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Gundam Barbatos [4th form]
Gundam Kimaris Trooper

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Full Armor Gundam
Psycho Zaku

Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai
Crossbone Gundam X-3
Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth

That sure is a LOT of crossbones repping.

Any word on hi nu?

Bebpo

Banned
Wait, nothing from SEED Destiny and SEED is missing Justice? That and Gundam 00 not having 00 Gundam and Quan[T] are the biggest oddballs. They've got to get announced before launch. Can't imagine a Versus game without some of the main units.

Wait, nothing from SEED Destiny and SEED is missing Justice? That and Gundam 00 not having 00 Gundam and Quan[T] are the biggest oddballs. They've got to get announced before launch. Can't imagine a Versus game without some of the main units.

Also, where's muh Alex.

One of my favorite low-cost suits in EXVS Force.

IIRC, they released a list of series that will be in the base game.

Wing won't cover Endless Waltz, 00 only gets the first season, SEED only gets the original show. No G, X, AGE, or 0080, or any non-animated UC content outside of Crossbone.

Units from these franchises will probably be focused on in either DLC or future revisions, since this is technically a brand new starting point.

EDIT: Side note, I'm really curious about having the ZZ and the FAZZ separate, but I'm down as long as there are a few other ZZ series suits too. Gonna be weird to have two different versions of the ZZ if we can't get any other enemy suits (just pick 2/3 between the Hamma Hamma, Bawoo, Doven Wolf, Dreissen, Zaku III, R-Jarja, or Geymalk).

BTW, looks like we'll be able to switch pilots depending on the unit: http://g-versus.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms/detail.php?ms=y2psu2e6

YQUnDj6l.png

The ultimate heresy switching Quattro Bazinga with Beecha...

And of course, you can see all the current unit info here: http://g-versus.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms/

EDIT: YAAAS, I can switch Johann for Prince Ali in Throne Zwei. :D

I generally like ZZ, but the most cringeworthy part for me to deal with is Beecha sullying the Hyaku Shiki.

Hope the Titans version of the Gundam Mk II gets in...that's easily my favorite 1000 cost unit from EXVS Force.

DunpealD

Reminder if you only main 1 suit ppl will hate you and you are a bad teammate :^)

How can you hate people who are maining Acguy and Jesus Yamato?

I generally like ZZ, but the most cringeworthy part for me to deal with is Beecha sullying the Hyaku Shiki.

Hope the Titans version of the Gundam Mk II gets in...that's easily my favorite 1000 cost unit from EXVS Force.

The next time I use Hyaku Shiki will be with Beecha.
On the other hand I'm in a dilemma, because which other MS Pilot bears the name "Quattro Vagina". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TreIII

Don't hate.
Lack of G Gundam made up somewhat by Wing I guess. Now let me use Quatre in Wing Zero.

Hell, if they're really on the ball, Zero should be usable by any of the current W cast, short of Treize.

Likewise, I wouldn't mind using Heero in Epyon, every so often.

Man, G-Self (still) looks terrible in comparison to other units.

I'm just happy Turn-X is confirmed. I always had fun with that unit in the versus games, tier list be damned.

Right now there are quite a number of suits missing from the announced list but we are still a little ways out so I am hoping for more.

Man, G-Self (still) looks terrible in comparison to other units.

I'm just happy Turn-X is confirmed. I always had fun with that unit in the versus games, tier list be damned.

At my skill level (or lack thereof) I'm content to main what I think is fun over what is considered high tier.

Therefore, if it gets in, I will be a Kapool main :p.

Miker

What's the DLC or expansion model gonna be? I'm vaguely aware of the series and its popularity among importers, and I just remember a lot of suffixes behind the original title like Capcom fighters.

Basically, is this gonna be the only version of the game and it'll be supported as a service or am I gonna need to buy new versions down the line?

What's the DLC or expansion model gonna be? I'm vaguely aware of the series and its popularity among importers, and I just remember a lot of suffixes behind the original title like Capcom fighters.

Basically, is this gonna be the only version of the game and it'll be supported as a service or am I gonna need to buy new versions down the line?
With Gundam Versus Force (the PS Vita game) they added units for free overtime through updates. But I feel that was because there was not as much units compared to previous games before. Now there will probably be day 1 DLC unit codes that comes with physical and digital copies but we will just have to see what they do.

Top Bottom