• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

jackal27

Banned
G Gundam won't be in the base game. Every series that will be represented in the game has already had one suit revealed. Sorry.

However, given the way other series have been treated, it's safe to say that when G does show up (as DLC or in a future version) it will get a strong spread of representation.
Aww sorry to hear that, but the selection that's there is awesome already.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is this going to be cross version? I'm getting the jp release either way but wondering if the NA version will be separate.

JD_Lars

Is there a list of all the suits available at launch? Can OP add it to the first post?

Edit: Ok found the list. Still request this gets added to the OP for ease.

Ezalc

G Gundam won't be in the base game. Every series that will be represented in the game has already had one suit revealed. Sorry.

However, given the way other series have been treated, it's safe to say that when G does show up (as DLC or in a future version) it will get a strong spread of representation.

Uninterested in this until it gets G Gundam. It's some goddamn bullshit to leave it out like this, by the time that DLC rolls around it'd better come with the entire shuffle alliance, master, shadow, nobel and rising gundams too. Oh and shining as well. Better get all of them in there and the Nether gundam just for shits and giggles.

Keasar

Quite a shame really, I honestly expected now be a better time than ever to have splitscreen multiplayer because maybe (just maybe) they could have fixed the infuriating lag that comes when trying to play 2 player splitscreen against the A.I.

NEO0MJ

I hope they never put G Gundam in

33724225453_65516d31b1_z.jpg

I will not miss all the NA God Gundam mains one bit

I agree G gundam sucks. On that notes s2 gundam 00 and ironblood orphans but unfortunately they already put that garbage barbatos in there

I like G Gundam as a series I just think that the G units in EXVS are all highly specialized melee ones and there's too many NA players that only want to pick them instead of learning to play the game with more balanced units.

Hopefully their omission forces those players to pick something with a BR lol. Now if only we could get rid of Exia... and somehow lock Heavy Arms until you have 300 hours played AT LEAST

Uninterested in this until it gets G Gundam. It's some goddamn bullshit to leave it out like this, by the time that DLC rolls around it'd better come with the entire shuffle alliance, master, shadow, nobel and rising gundams too. Oh and shining as well. Better get all of them in there and the Nether gundam just for shits and giggles.

Nether Gundam DLC would only be the best DLC ever.

Just finished watching the 6th episode of Gundam Thunderbolt this morning. I kind of want the Gundam Atlas to be in this game or at least DLC down the line.

iFirez

Do we have a firm release date for this yet? I guess we know the Japanese date atleast? I would totally love this as my summer game before Destiny 2.

Only 3 Gundam I really like included... guess I'll just main Exia the entire game. Turn A and Unicorn can be my fallback.

Luigi87

Do we have a firm release date for this yet? I guess we know the Japanese date atleast? I would totally love this as my summer game before Destiny 2.

Only 3 Gundam I really like included... guess I'll just main Exia the entire game. Turn A and Unicorn can be my fallback.

Japan's release date is the only one confirmed. Asia English version is still unknown, and NA/EU version is this Fall.

DLC or the inevitable next revision, since the last couple of Vs games ended up with multiple pseudo-sequels.

For what it's worth, given how comprehensive the rosters for Wing and 00 S1 are, I'd assume when G gets brought in it will have fairly healthy representation. If I was a betting man I'd say God, Maxter, Dragon, Rose, Bolt, Master, Spiegel, and Nobel would all make it. That's the same number of units Wing and 00 have (assuming the team isn't blackout drunk and forgot Virtue).

DLC or the inevitable next revision, since the last couple of Vs games ended up with multiple pseudo-sequels.

For what it's worth, given how comprehensive the rosters for Wing and 00 S1 are, I'd assume when G gets brought in it will have fairly healthy representation. If I was a betting man I'd say God, Maxter, Dragon, Rose, Bolt, Master, Spiegel, and Nobel would all make it. That's the same number of units Wing and 00 have (assuming the team isn't blackout drunk and forgot Virtue).

Well 00 and Wing are way more popular lol

and a lot of those units aren't being made from scratch. They either were in previous EXVS games or prior Gundam Vs releases.

God, Master, Spiegal, Nobel and Dragon are the only prexisting G units. I kinda don't see all of those making it, let alone them creating the rest. Again G isn't that popular in japan and it's not the only series missing here. (Gundam X, Gundam AGE)

I think the series missing here are probably missing for a reason, and that reason is probably not to quickly flood the roster with DLC units later on. I mean if they wanted to do that they could just remove the S1 only restrictions they have on 00 and Seed and that would give them way more pre-existing content that domestic fans would be way more interested in.

Beth Cyra

and a lot of those units aren't being made from scratch. They either were in previous EXVS games or prior Gundam Vs releases.

God, Master, Spiegal, Nobel and Dragon are the only prexisting G units. I kinda don't see all of those making it, let alone them creating the rest. Again G isn't that popular in japan and it's not the only series missing here. (Gundam X, Gundam AGE)

I think the series missing here are probably missing for a reason, and that reason is probably not to quickly flood the roster with DLC units later on. I mean if they wanted to do that they could just remove the S1 only restrictions they have on 00 and Seed and that would give them way more pre-existing content that domestic fans would be way more interested in.

I think G will get very Healthy DLC options the thing is OO and Wing will as well do to Season 2 and Endless Waltz being so popular.

It will be a crazy time hopefully.

I really hope cover D wins, to maximize sales. The Wing Zero is a massive nostalgia engine. My understanding is that it's the most popular model kit in the US.

True, 00 and Wing are way more popular, but G is very popular in the US, so its absence is really interesting given that this is the first game in ages to get a western release. Yeah, X and AGE are also missing, but they're generally unpopular the world over, and also don't have the Wing-like nostalgia factor going for them that G has.

Heck, I'm more confused that 0080 is missing than X and AGE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 0080 is the only mainstream UC story that is missing, right? As in not counting stuff like MS Igloo, Blue Destiny, Sentinel, etc.

No 00 season 2 stuff yet. Just stuff from the first season (Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Graham's Flag, Throne Eins, Throne Zwei, GN-X)

It's S1 only for Seed, 00 and Wing(no Endless Waltz)

and potentially IBO as well but that remains to be seen.

I like that though maybe now they'll finally bring Virtue back from vs Next.

Beth Cyra

It's S1 only for Seed, 00 and Wing(no Endless Waltz)

and potentially IBO as well but that remains to be seen.

I like that though maybe now they'll finally bring Virtue back from vs Next.
Hell even some of the later Unicorn stuff while super popular are not in like Banshee Norn.

It's clear that they are going starting units for a lot of this stuff, just Wing is the upgrades as no body gives a fuck about early types and EW will sell as DLC.

C-Drive

I really hope cover D wins, to maximize sales. The Wing Zero is a massive nostalgia engine. My understanding is that it's the most popular model kit in the US.

I agree, but the cover is so busy it's a little hard to tell it's the Wing Zero. Typical consumer wise I don't think any of the choices are good. They're all busy covers outside of the standard one they're using for current promotion.

Is there a Gundam(Versus)GAF discord?

Top Bottom