• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Imagine Twitter on 9/11.
Would have helped a lot to verify missing persons.

I can't imagine some of the speculation.

Can you imagine if Al Qaida started tweeting? Oooh boy. Or just the positive messaging from the middle east.... There would be outraged flame wars.

Grym

Jesus Christ..Bush would have invaded Iran

Did anyone see him in court today? One of the people in the theater said the shooter didn't have the right to look sad. TV network was speculating he was doped up on meds.
Just looked like he hadn't slept in days to me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
that was before the evil turned his hair red and offset one of his eyes

His eyes were the same in both pictures.

edit: Also, when are mugshots taken? If this was taken shortly after the shooting, it shows he has the same expression as during the court hearing. It may indicate he was in the same state of mind during the shooting itself. Which means it has nothing to do with post-arrest medication.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did anyone see him in court today? One of the people in the theater said the shooter didn't have the right to look sad. TV network was speculating he was doped up on meds.

He certainly looked totally out of it. I didn't know what to think.

Holmes family released a statement in regards to the speculation that the mother knew about her son and the shooting when she supposedly said "Yes, you have the right person"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9IX0ApBOhc

"i hope this shooting spree doesn't affect the box office sales of Batman.
Ladyboyloverxxx2 25 minutes ago"

1HO9L.jpg

Some people really mean well but yeah... Why would the victims or their family want to relive the shooting in the damn theater soon after they got shot....

1tiID.png

Sounds like a terrible idea. "You got shot in our theater so come and watch a free film..."

Lose a loved one? Watch a movie for free! Unbelievable. Though, I'm sure the person means well; just lacking a little intelligence.

FStop7

Banned
Holmes family released a statement in regards to the speculation that the mother knew about her son and the shooting when she supposedly said "Yes, you have the right person"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9IX0ApBOhc

I can't watch yt at work, but let me guess.

A reporter asked her "Are you the mother of James Holmes?"

To which she answered "You have the right person" as in "Yes, I am his mother."

And the media, being the trigger happy dipshits they are, completely misreported her statement as a condemnation of her son.

Is that about right?

Pandemic

And the media, being the trigger happy dipshits they are, completely misreported her statement as a condemnation of her son.

Is that about right?
Yep, that's basically it, heh.

Is that about right?

Journalism is dead.

Can anyone confirm the story of the man arrested in Maine with a loaded gun at a theater showing TDKR?

Also, I just got back from my local theater and saw the film. During the opening some guy got up and made his way to the emergency exit and stood there on his phone texting. My heart was literally pounding.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Local news gave a timeline.

Filing of charges is next week. Arraignment might be months away.

Might be more than a year before the actual trial starts.

Going to be a while before we know if he will be up for the Death penalty. DA wants to talk to families, as with Colorado's appeals process, death penalty can drag things out for decades. There is a person in Colorado who killed several people in 1993, who is still going through the appeal process.

kyoya

Can anyone confirm the story of the man arrested in Maine with a loaded gun at a theater showing TDKR?

He was not arrested at the theater. He was arrested after being pulled over in his car speeding down the Maine Turnpike in his Mustang. State troopers pulled him over and found an arsenal of weapons and news clippling about the Colorado shooting in his car. He said he was travelling down to Derry, New Hampshire to shoot his former employer. He admitted to this.

He admitted to being at the Saco Cinemagic theater with a backpack containing a loaded gun the night before.

This guy was honestly just asking to be stopped before he carried out his plan - thankfully the Maine State Troopers took care of it.

Link w/ text/video of story: http://www.wmtw.com/news/maine/York...ure/-/9284124/15645524/-/5d2hlmz/-/index.html

BIDDEFORD, Maine - State police said they seized a number of guns from a man from Biddeford after they stopped him for speeding on the Maine Turnpike Sunday morning.

Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said Trooper Phillip Alexander stopped 49-year-old Timothy Courtois in the southbound lane of the turnpike around 10 a.m. Sunday after other drivers reported a speeding Mustang with its flashers on.

According to McCausland, Alexander clocked Courtois at 112 mph, arrested him and took him to the York County Jail.

McCausland said troopers found an AK-47 assault weapon, four handguns and several boxes of ammunition inside Courtois's car. Troopers also found recent clippings of the shooting at the Colorado movie theater.

McCausland said Courtois admitted to police he had attended a showing of the movie "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Cinemagic Theater in Saco Saturday night with a loaded handgun in his backpack. Courtois also told authorities that he was on his way to Derry, N.H., to shoot a former employer.

J-Rzez

They said he ordered up to 50 packages of ammo online. Why isn't there a database that tracks such things? How much ammo does one person need?

50 boxes of 20 rounds or what? That statement is rather vague. 1000 rounds is nothing to buy. When I go to a range to practice, or when I would qualify, I'd go through 300 rounds like that, at least. Many shops and sporting goods stores sell ammo in bulk even, 200, 250, 500, 1000rd. That number is not something to show red flags.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It just irks me when people say he must have some kind of mental illness
Their are more succinct ways to address that comment than applying an ethnicity based argument. But the assumption he "must" have mental illness is incorrect.

Also, I just got back from my local theater and saw the film. During the opening some guy got up and made his way to the emergency exit and stood there on his phone texting. My heart was literally pounding.

I just got home from watching the movie but jesus christ when the trailers were playing some dumbfucking lady was taking photos of her kids with a bigass camera that kept flashing and shortly after the movie started this guy was on his cellphone wandering up and down the aisles. The whole thing was making me so nervous are these people fucking retarded or something?

Utako

Banned
people are trying to come up with all these ideas about how to make it up to the families, but really you can't do anything to make it up to them except provide them with a sense of justice
It annoyingly lacking in empathy. Childish.

"I believe that she was not only protected by God, but that she was actually prepared for it."
God favored her over the others who died! Equally as childish.

GJS

I just got home from watching the movie but jesus christ when the trailers were playing some dumbfucking lady was taking photos of her kids with a bigass camera that kept flashing and shortly after the movie started this guy was on his cellphone wandering up and down the aisles. The whole thing was making me so nervous are these people fucking retarded or something?

Most people don't care, it's how the world works.

It only kicks in if it happens to them or someone they know.

Wow, between that and the Tea Party comments ABC really screwed everything up in their reporting. The rush to be first is pathetic.

Wait, the media actually ran with the "yeah, that sounds right" or "yeah, that's my son"? I read that comment on gaf and thought it was just us messageboard dorks taking quotes out of context. Mind boggling that they would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom