• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it possible that the killer was the person who got up and opened the door? His car was right next to the exit, he could have gone outside, changed into his gear and came back in.

Seems like a much more likely scenario than a mysterious second man. Those doors are always really easy to prop open with a slip of cardboard or something.

Nakazato

Just saw this on yahoo. WTF is wrong with this world. No words can described what i really wanna say about this. Condolences to the families of the victims. And i hope this guys gets the death penalty. No reason to let him continue living his life when he took so many in a random act of violence. Fuck him he deserves to die and I hope he burns in hell.

Tim-E

I'm supposed to go see this movie with my two siblings this evening, but I honestly don't know if I can sit and allow myself to be entertained in the same kind of environment that a dozen people lost their lives in just a few hours ago. It feels wrong and I don't know if I can shake that feeling if I watch the movie.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Oh man or oh no.

Comic book witness will not shut up about how awesome Batman is.

Wallach

Seems like a much more likely scenario than a mysterious second man. Those doors are always really easy to prop open with a slip of cardboard or something.

Yeah, just based on what one of the other witnesses said about someone "opening the door and making hand gestures", I bet he entered plain-clothed then walked out via the exit during the film and propped the door so he could get back in the same way.

Pandemic

Here's the quote from a witness that was in the theater during the shooting,
''"Then when he started firing, it was really, really loud. It was like Bam! Bam! Bam! It wasn't like rapid fire. It was just pointing and shooting.''

"We saw him come in, throw tear gas and start shooting into the crowd as they exited.

"We were on the left side of the theatre in the second-to-front row - on the right-hand side of the theatre there is an emergency exit.

"That's where the shooter came through. He threw the tear gas over the crowd, behind right where we were.

"We dropped through the floor as soon as he started firing into the crowd and then we crawled out to a point where we thought he couldn't see us any more, and then we ran through the lobby and there were still shots being fired.

"We got out to the parking lot and left as quick as we could.

"[The cinema] was packed. I feel like there was only maybe seven to 10 seats open out of the whole movie theatre.

"We were lucky to be on the left side there and a fairly quick way out thereof. We were worried he was going to shoot us as we were getting to the exit.

"We dropped to the ground as soon as the shots started being fired and we crawled out and ran through the lobby and got to our car and drove off."

Nizz

This was some terrible news to wake up to. My heart goes out to the people in Aurora. Christ man, people just wanting to enjoy a new movie and this shithead pulls something like this. No words...

I'm supposed to go see this movie with my two siblings this evening, but I honestly don't know if I can sit and allow myself to be entertained in the same kind of environment that a dozen people lost their lives in just a few hours ago. It feels wrong and I don't know if I can shake that feeling if I watch the movie.

I understand the sentiment. In a way, and I mean no disrespect by this, I'm glad I saw it at midnight, so I could go in and focus on the movie and enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed. I think this shooting has changed that for everyone.

That's exactly it.

bjb

Banned
This was some terrible news to wake up to. My heart goes out to the people in Aurora. Christ man, people just wanting to enjoy a new movie and this shithead pulls something like this. No words...

I don't understand it either. Some people...just absolutely ridiculous.

FStop7

Banned
This is the Twitter account of the first named victim.

Here is a friend trying to get in contact with her.

I hope it's not in poor taste to post this. I thought before we got too far into arguing theoretical aspects we could remember that real people are involved.

Reading this made it so much more real. You read '12 people killed' and it's so hard to comprehend. But then you see something like this and suddenly you get this tiny glimpse of the reality of it. It's so sad.

I found an article about her death that mentioned she narrowly missed a shooting at a food court in Canada just a couple of months earlier. I don't understand how life can be so cruel to people for no rhyme or reason.

Jarlaxle

Exactly.

I'm seeing this movie tonight; I absolutely refuse to let fear dictate my decisions.

If anything, most theatre's will now be more secure than they ever have been before now that they'll probably all post hightened security for a little while until this all blows over. It's the same thing I used to say to people who were afraid to drive over bridges right after 911.

Pandemic

A press release has just confirmed that the suspects apartment room is booby-trapped, and their in the process of disarming it..

Crazy motherf*cker..

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Fire Chief talking:

Apartment is booby trapped.

They are trying to figure out how to defuse it.

Says its a sophisticated device.

5 buildings have been evaced.

params7

Banned
Hope the families have the strength to cope..feel sorry for them. Not the kind of publicity this movie should be getting..the movie itself is themed around the good in citizens. Nolan and Co. deserve better.

LordAlu

It appears police are also searching the suspect's parents home:

evs-xtaccess-2012-07-20-134-a-14h53m37s24-1-522x293.jpg

can you guys take your bickering and personal opinions of each other to PM's? because no one in this thread gives a shit about your opinions on each other.

the feeling is mutual.
for the sake of actual discussion of facts in this thread i'll stop my part of the exchange.

marrec

Banned
I didn't mean you specifically, it seems like most of the people posting about the damn kid are trying to blame the mother, that it was her fault her kid died/was put in jeopardy, when that's not the (direct) case.

Just to clear this up.

The baby was released from the hospital, the baby is fine.

A 6 year old is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom