• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode (HD remaster, PS4 and PC) coming out

Kalentan

This was in play from the start of G.U. Terminal Disc doesn't outright say it of course but it works looking back on it. Heck, ya could argue this is what happened to Harald.

Stupider than
Half a dozen children vanishing from plain sight (did you consider perhaps they to physically entered the game world at that time)? Giving somebody an electric shock? Being mind controlled by someone infected by some AI anomaly?
Thats just Online Jack ep.6. Its okay if the game world seeps out into the real world but not the opposite?

G.U.'s whole Avatar activation things always been way dumb btw. Also Cell's AI evolving from some persons blood sample... yeah. That sure was a thing wasn't it?

Nope.

That is all a lot less dumb.

Link is what killed my interest in anything post-.G.U. I like to think that the series ended after that and that this is a chance to correct their mistakes.

Sorry for the shitpost, but has there been any updates on a possible western release for this or not? I really, really loved this series when I was younger.

Psxphile

Sorry for the shitpost, but has there been any updates on a possible western release for this or not? I really, really loved this series when I was younger.

Last Recoded was trademarked for Europe. Still waiting on confirmation that it will be published in NA but just knowing it's being localized is enough to get people hyped for a release.

BaconHat

Last Recoded was trademarked for Europe. Still waiting on confirmation that it will be published in NA but just knowing it's being localized is enough to get people hyped for a release.

There was also the bit from the interview where they said that they were surprised that the games sold so well in America and that .hack was valued overseas. It might amount to nothing, but it does seem to point to them seeing NA sales as good enough to localize and sell the remaster.

Oh sweet! Alright. I'm going to try to not get my hopes up too much, but I'm really hoping for a release here. I need a good trip through memory lane!

Durante

It also seems incredibly unlikely that they would bother creating a PC version without having the intention to release it outside Japan.

Syril

The edgiest. Or I guess "shounen" is more of an apt description. Lots of yelling and "must get stronger" talk.

Sounds like it's probably not my thing then. The thing I really liked from the original game was how little shonen rage there was.

Zen Aku

Thanks, just when through it. Seems like they are putting some effort behind this and it's not a simle HD collection. Also at the end, it's confirmed that they are developing a new .hack game for PS4.
That last part got me so wet. I've been asking for a new .hack// game for half a decade now.

Psxphile

uPvHvvl.gif

Ravelle

I was a big fan of the original series,well the first one because .Hack games were impossible to find here in The Netherlands. Still excited to play the GU games, hopefully if it's successful enough they'll consider remastering the original games as well.

Semajer

I'm not really familiar with these games, but how do they compare to the Xenosaga series? If they're comparable in length/sales/popularity could this mean a HD release for the Xenosaga trilogy is possible?

Corpekata

Banned
I'm not really familiar with these games, but how do they compare to the Xenosaga series? If they're comparable in length/sales/popularity could this mean a HD release for the Xenosaga trilogy is possible?

They aren't really similar. These are a lot more action oriented, their only common things really being sci-fi games and published by Bandai Namco

That being said, this being made is at the top of the "I never would have guessed this would get remastered" list so anything's possible. They could use it as a general testing bed for general rereleases of their backlog of older jrpgs, though there's more obvious popular candidates they could have used for that.

BaconHat

Not sure what class he is supposed to be at the end of the teaser. Edge Punisher would fit the bill,
but he already is one in the game in his second form.

In any case, i'm getting hyped. Especially with the US trademark confirmed.

Seems like they made a novel for the IMOQ games featuring kite?
http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/

Hope someone translates it~

From google translate, it seems the novel will describe Kite offline life? Nice. We've had almost no info on him outside of The World.

RPGCrazied

Bandai Namco just announced the UK release. Boxed PS4 release.

And Namco of America just posted it on their youtube. Expect more details soon.

Hot damn, glad the switch is hard to find now/holiday, can't keep up with all these games. Ni no Kuni 2 is this year too along with FF XII remaster.

Not sure what class he is supposed to be at the end of the teaser. Edge Punisher would fit the bill,
but he already is one in the game in his second form.

In any case, i'm getting hyped. Especially with the US trademark confirmed.

From google translate, it seems the novel will describe Kite offline life? Nice. We've had almost no info on him outside of The World.

It's definitely a weird form.

Of the known forms not in-game there's:

1)
Beast Mode, which is like a berserk 3rd form that can dual wield broadswords and supposedly use other weapons like Lances. Shown in the Trilogy movie

And

2)
The form past Xth which is only in the novels. Uses a wand as a weapon.

This fits neither. It's like an upgraded 2nd form. The weapon is also not any of the usual ones he uses in cutscene. It's kind of similar to the prototype broadsword from the prototype game cutscene before it was released.

If it's indeed a new form with another weapon skill, the only one I can think of is Blade Brandier and he's two-handing it for some reason. Or maybe it's a magic boosting form.

I may or may not have been checking Amazon Canada everyday to see if it's been put up for preorder yet... Ever since they announced that it's coming west.

I'm so fricken excited.

BaconHat

I may or may not have been checking Amazon Canada everyday to see if it's been put up for preorder yet... Ever since they announced that it's coming west.

I'm so fricken excited.

I understand the feeling. Really hoping that when it appear, there is also a collector edition with it.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Potentially the best part about this aside from dual audio?

Never having ta deal with slideshow-like slowdown of the PS2 G.U. games again if these are indeed stable 60fps at all times! Cause holy crap. Battles, especially against bosses, got really really bad with the slowdown.

Psxphile

Uh, yeah... I vaguely remember that being an issue. Hopefully CC2 can give us the definitive G.U. experience we've yearned for since a decade ago.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/23135874.html
Famitsu's got a sizeable article out today. Goes over a good number of .hack releases (strangely omitting Guilty Dragon and New World... yet listing fragment), comparison screenshots between old & new, and more details on upgrades. I'm kinda worried Online Jack and the other animated videos which came with certain news articles aren't getting updated...

BaconHat

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/23135874.html
Famitsu's got a sizeable article out today. Goes over a good number of .hack releases (strangely omitting Guilty Dragon and New World... yet listing fragment), comparison screenshots between old & new, and more details on upgrades. I'm kinda worried Online Jack and the other animated videos which came with certain news articles aren't getting updated...

I'm sure they kept the original files for Online Jack and those will be higher quality due to their importance. The others, not so much.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
For those that were waiting / wondering:

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/projects/new-testament-novel-hack/
Chapter 01's been fanslated! Dunno how ta feel about this, kinda feels like his focus is all over the place. I feel that finishing Link and Bullet should be priority and that adding this to the pile ontop of those, GD, and NW is abit much. But they're the ones doing the work so the order things get done is their call in the end!

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_novel_kite/
Also, Chapters 08 - 11 were posted yesterday. For comparison, Bullet was up to 4 chapters in its first two weeks. But that was an all new story while this is largely yet another retelling. All the same lets hope it doesn't take 'em 4 1/2 years ta finish this one... x.x

I'm sure they kept the original files for Online Jack and those will be higher quality due to their importance. The others, not so much.
I sure hope so!

Top Bottom