• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode (HD remaster, PS4 and PC) coming out

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Were those games any good? Don't think they were ever released in Europe back in the days.

tumblr_m87licpn4Z1qkpz7co1_r1_500.gif

Pretty damn sweet IMO.

Bolstered by CC2's cinematic flair they ended up perfecting

It also helped that i was a big fan of the dot hack sign anime that aired on TV when i was younger, its how i got into the original games and then GU

Well that was unexpected.
Really curious about those gameplay changes since that was the one thing I didn't like about the original games. Wouldn't mind if this got some Odin Sphere level changes.

Maybe I'll check this out if the price is right. .hack//Infection is still the only game I've ever bought and returned the same day...

Hell yeah, the GU games were awesome! Story/setting-wise I don't think they quite measure up to the original series but I thought it was pretty solid in that regard too.

Zafir

Nice, maybe Europe will actually get a release this time lol. I remember having to import them way back when.

bunkitz

Well shit, this came out of nowhere. Hell yeah. .hack//G.U. was awesome. Would love to play through it again. Or, watch my brother play through it again.

RalchAC

Yeeeeeeeeeees!

I'm one of those 26 people. Got into the original 4 games quite late and never played the GU trilogy (were those even released in Europe). I'd have rather got the original games since I can't find the PS2 versions anywhere, but I'm in anyway.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
WOAH
That was really unexpected. Not sure if i should go back playing it. Maybe if they fix the balance and add beast haseo from the movie

venom473

Too bad it's not the quadrilogy. Only ever played Infection and Mutation, would love a chance to play the others...

aravuus

I've never played anything .hack, and this is... Probably a bad place to start? Always been interested in checking the series out.

How is the .hack series? I am interested because there were some characters from the series in Project X Zone which I played. Also how is the anime?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Those games had waaaaaaaay too much padding and samey dungeons. The latter got boring before the first game ended, so I'm not sure how fun would it be to play those 3 games back to back.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the difference between the .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, etc. quadrilogy and this?

I've only completed .hack//Infection.

Dark Link

Holy shit I'm sold! Definitely buying this day one if it releases in the west. I have both the original quadrilogy and G.U. trilogy for my PS2 and I never played them again after beating them.

Top Bottom