• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Logs Back into The World November 3

MrBS

It's surprising the amount of effort going into this remaster, I wonder if there is going to be a franchise revival in the future.

BigEmil

Now THIS is a remaster.

I would gladly pay full price for this, other half assed remasters out there don't compare to this one with multiple games included and many new additions in content, changes, improvements etc

Day 1!

vegohead

Ahh shit, just preordered.

Hype level nearing maximum levels at this point. My jrpg of the fall since Ni no Kuni 2 was delayed.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yay a date!

An with a date like that its entirely possibly my JP super deluxe version will show up on the same day!

Now to avoid further topics and info on Vol.4 to remain relatively unspoiled!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What anime, Berserk?

Come on this looks much better than Berserk.
lmyfjl.gif

Loudninja

Holy shit... didn't even know obviously. Any info on how long it is?
Just this info from the blog

Vol 4 story details:
The MMORPG ”The World" has announced that their service will be coming to an end on December 31st, 2018. Soon after that announcement, Haseo, who hasn't logged into the World since the events of Vol.3//Redemption, receives a mysterious email. In this e-mail, Haseo finds a hint to where Ovan; an old friend, has been after they last saw each other. Haseo, once again logs into The World in order to save his comrade!
New character:
Along the way, a new character Kusabira, who's mysterious intentions and past is unraveled throughout the new story, greets him.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/22/hackg-u-last-recode-logs-back-into-the-world-november-3/

Can't wait to see
Alkaid dying again and crying like a baby for hours after that
I'm still confused as to why they skipped the original tho..

Those games look really ugly nowadays and the gameplay just hasn't aged well at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to see the reception for GU HD before considering remaking the original games from scratch and improve on everything

This reminded me of how incredibly into the idea of .hack I was before the first game released, reading about it in PSM as a young teen. Then I finally got my hands on it and... hated it. I couldn't stand it. It's one of the only JRPGs that as a kid I really had conscious objections to artistically and mechanically and put down not just out of boredom but of palatable dissatisfaction and a sense that I was wasting my time.

This is not an active condemnation of the series, mind you, just a fleeting memory of a feeling.

I wonder if I should give this a try to see if I can wash away that disappointment of my youth. It would be cool to finally appreciate this series like JRPG fans seem to.

Philippo

So in
next year when i'll finish my backlog

Since its the 15th anniversary, and they're releasing an HD remaster + a new chapter in the series, how likely is it that CC2 is going to announce a new .hack// game by the end of the year?

Danjin44

Can't wait to see

Those games look really ugly nowadays and the gameplay just hasn't aged well at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to see the reception for GU HD before considering remaking the original games from scratch and improve on everything

so true. I mean just look at this:

maxresdefault.jpg

IronLich

Reliving all those moments in the trailer gave me legit shivers.

This has been a dormant nostalgia trip for 10 years. I'm really glad CC2 took their time to get it right. English dub sounds redone to hell, which I find to be absolutely shocking, and is that little effort that makes this project extra sweet.

Seiryoden

*Looks at Calendar* *Looks at Wallet* *Sighs and Pays*

I hope this release spreads some love for .hack. It felt like no one cared about in the UK at the time.

This reminded me of how incredibly into the idea of .hack I was before the first game released, reading about it in PSM as a young teen. Then I finally got my hands on it and... hated it. I couldn't stand it. It's one of the only JRPGs that as a kid I really had conscious objections to artistically and mechanically and put down not just out of boredom but of palatable dissatisfaction and a sense that I was wasting my time.

This is not an active condemnation of the series, mind you, just a fleeting memory of a feeling.

I wonder if I should give this a try to see if I can wash away that disappointment of my youth. It would be cool to finally appreciate this series like JRPG fans seem to.
Well G.U. was quite a bit different than the original tetralogy mechanically and even artistically it looked a lot better.

Eusis

Can't wait to see

Less aged badly, more that it was always mediocre. Granted QOL updates to games since could make it even harder to go back to, but something like Wind Waker was its contemporary and that's easily far more enjoyable to play now. Or for something not from Nintendo, uhh, Falcom released Ys VI in 2003 and that's been more displaced by refined followups than aging badly.

Nevertheless I did put up with .hack anyway... but it kept me from G.U. and now is a great time to rectify that.

WarRock

I can see the story of vol4 being hot garbage nonsense, but don't even care. Me and a couple of friends will get this on Steam, no doubt.

SKEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTHHHHHH

Danjin44

In day zero. Bamco doing good. Now they just need to retcon everything after GU Anand release a new proper sequel.

No one cares about knock off Shino.
Well it's MMO, it makes sense Atoli would have same class as Shino. I think the reason u don't see much Adept Rogue (Haseo's class) that much is because its considered worst class in The World R2.

RalchAC

Day one. I'm totally buying these games, if anything because I hope the originals (which I know are a bit janky) will be either remastered or brought to the store.

Somebody at BAMCO probably saw all the free money that Sword Art Online prints and thought to themselves, "Hang on a tick...didn't we do that like 20 years ago?"

And it was actually better!

Top Bottom