• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2: NeoGaf Games Mini Tournament. (v. B) Interest Thread

GhaleonEB

Nutter said:
Well, this is being done in order to avoid what you just described. :p

Also look out for an update tomorrow with all the people interested and a test run game time.
what time are you shooting for?

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
what time are you shooting for?
Honestly i dont know yet.
What time would be best for you? If i have to pick then Friday or Sat sometime. (most likely towards evening hours)

I'm in. GT -> rastex

and dibs on being on Sai's team.
Oh dont worry, you will get to choose your team preferences; but when all said and done the teams will be a bit balanced.

Red Scarlet

Oooh, I had a similar idea but for some other games (likely wouldn't happen).

I don't have a gamertag, but if you guys do this and can make videos, that would be neat to watch some matchups.

Rorschach

I had an idea for a GAF XBL weekend. You know, playing a whole bunch of games together for a day or two. Move on from Halo 2, to GRAW, to RR, PGR, etc... I was mowing it over, but I dunno yet...I might organize it with help from the admins.

I'm down for this, though. GT r0rschach

Nutter

Rorschach said:
I had an idea for a GAF XBL weekend. You know, playing a whole bunch of games together for a day or two. Move on from Halo 2, to GRAW, to RR, PGR, etc... I was mowing it over, but I dunno yet...I might organize it with help from the admins.

I'm down for this, though. GT r0rschach
Hey man that is what this basically is. But i just started with just halo 2.
Of course there are more games i would love to do this with, namely PGR3; And I would love to do this with Gears and more when released.

I don't have a gamertag, but if you guys do this and can make videos, that would be neat to watch some matchups.
That is a great idea, but i dont know if anyone would be kind enough to record the matches. (and i dont have the material)

GhaleonEB

Nutter said:
Honestly i dont know yet.
What time would be best for you? If i have to pick then Friday or Sat sometime. (most likely towards evening hours)
For me, the later the better. I'm on the west coast, and have kids to put to bed. after 8pm PST is best for me, though I know we've got people from all over here. Let us know the time and I'll try to join.

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
For me, the later the better. I'm on the west coast, and have kids to put to bed. after 8pm PST is best for me, though I know we've got people from all over here. Let us know the time and I'll try to join.
I am on the West Coast too. :p (portland to be exact)
But really though it cant be too late cause East coast is looking at 11pm if we start at 8.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
God it's been so long since I've played. I'm interested it just all depends on when we would play. I work insane hours so probably only a weekend would work.

Gamertag: TJ Bennett

LukeSmith

I can probably play.
There's some GAF->XBL Tag discrepencies on your list, but I'm pretty unconcerned. I think some of you are/were on my Friend's List at some point.

Sumidor

GhaleonEB said:
I'm in St. Helens. Small world. :)

Your world just got smaller.. i'm from Vancouver, Washington.. OOoOoOo.. And i'd be down for it. It was always fun playing with the old GAF clan. But I don't know how many times i'd actually be able to play though.

GT - TangoTango

Baker

Banned
I am definitely down if it will help make more types of these tournaments in the future. I only have a couple real life gaming buddies, and I like playing team games.

Gamertag: ForenSick

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
ok I'll play but why do I get a feeling over 80% of the people who posted in this thread aren't going to show up? :lol

*flashback to all the other GAF halo 2 meetups*

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Add me. Not a big fan of the game/series, but have been looking for a good reason to play the game over Live.

DAC0C0B (0=Zero)

c2morg

throw my kick ass gamertag in the hat

c2morg

Used to love playing halo 2 but not been on in a while, would be good to play with some gaffers!

Nutter

WOW lots of interest. (but that doesnt fool me, Halo 2 Clan thread had hundreds of people interested too :lol )
But lets see if we can break the trend.
A list of all people interested/ And First test match time/s (first post updated with it as well; As well as preliminary match time's)

**** A little fixing to the time has been done****
Prelim Time Set:
Thursday Oct 19 7PM PST (start time at 6)
Friday Oct 20 8PM PST (start time at 6:30)
Sat TBA

A rather quick notice? YES. I know many wont make it, but if you can then do so.

For the games, add either me or ironclad. and we shall get this test up and running.

Code:
NeoGAF Names			Live Gamertags

Nutter					NutterIsAFK
Ironclad				Ironclad Ninja
Rameriz				DaAnswer3
Cerrius					Cerrius
Hgplayer1				hgplayer1
Dopeyfish				Dopeyfish
Op_ivy				LoopOfHenle
Sai					SaiST
Drakken				Drakken688
TJ Bennett				TJ Bennett
TJ Scoot				TJ Scoot
CoCheese				Sembe
Lyte Edge				Lyte Edge
Bearillusion				Bearillusion
Mike G.E.D.				Doctor Hacks
Ratcage				Ratcage
Spaclock				Twin Sin City
Negitoro7				negitoro7
Agent Icebeezy			Agent Ice
Silentjay420				RunWhiteboyRun
Sableholic				sableholic
Spaceman Spiff			SpacemanSpiff85
SanjuroTsubaki			Sanjuro Tsubaki
GhaleonEB				GhaleonEB
FrenchMovieTheme			French Mov?
Professor_t				prisoner416
CajoleJuice				fAllen
Groovy Ninja				PEANUTCHEX
Sooperkool				M0stExc3llent
sublime085				FuzzyDunlop85
rs7k					redsniper7000
the chew				das chew
Safe Bet				Safe Bet
AdmiralViscen			Viscen
Chris Remo				The Idle Thumb
JoatesDogg187			JoatesDogg187
Sean					Shadow540
AZ Greg				AZ Greg
TwIsTeD				DiZZyD
g23					gino23
mr jones				Mistah Jones
Smokey Bones			Htx Darren Htx
Hyjinx					MasterHyjinx
bearcatjosh				Bearcatjosh
rastex					rastex
Rorschach				r0rschach
darkbanjo				Darkbanjo
Slats					Have At You
Sumidor				TangoTango
Shogun				SonShogun
Do The Mario				Do The Mario GA
Lo-Volt				Loelectric
Nikashi				Nikashi
Shig					Bacon McShig
Captain N				TagThatTsT
perplexcity				ForenSick
Hairyiguana				Mike Optical
radjago					Radjago
Manick Joe				FloBoJo
burnfout				burnfout
DaCocoBrova				DAC0C0B (0=Zero)
c2morg				c2morg
joshlee					JOSHLEE
Allen					fksche

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Nutter said:
WOW lots of interest. (but that doesnt fool me, Halo 2 Clan thread had hundreds of people interested too :lol )
But lets see if we can break the trend.
A list of all people interested/ And First test match time/s (first post updated with it as well; As well as preliminary match time's)

Prelim Time Set:
Thursday Oct 19 7PM PST (around 7PM)
Friday Oct 20 8PM PST (around 8PM)
Sat TBA

I and many other east coasters won't be able to make those times. I can't stay up till 3am anymore nutter!!!

If you can, please set those times an hour or two earlier.

Nutter

Cerrius said:
I and many other east coasters won't be able to make those times. I can't stay up till 3am anymore nutter!!!

If you can, please set those times an hour or two earlier.

Hey 7 is not good? :(
dont worry there will be early games.. i promise.

***Alright, there have been some changes made.***
The games will have a start time, but if you are not there by the main time, well i guess you missed out.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
You have my gamertag listed incorrectly on the table. It's Bacon McShig, not McShig.

Prine

Banned
darkbanjo said:
So is that still something like 3AM GMT?

UK am cry.

yes, this is the reality of Halo2 on GAF.

Wasted too many hours with Nutter and his boi's. Too many

WAs fun though :p

Somosa muching motta

Baker

Banned
Nutter said:
**** A little fixing to the time has been done****
Prelim Time Set:
Thursday Oct 19 7PM PST (start time at 6)
Friday Oct 20 8PM PST (start time at 6:30)
Sat TBA

I can play Friday, but starting this at the end of the NLCS will cause me to miss at least today's slot.

Hopefully the Cards win and I'll have to miss next week too.

Nutter

You have my gamertag listed incorrectly on the table. It's Bacon McShig, not McShig.
Corrected.

yes, this is the reality of Halo2 on GAF.

Wasted too many hours with Nutter and his boi's. Too many

WAs fun though :p

Somosa muching motta
Chai drinking tucklay. :p
Prine, why not play with us again?

I can play Friday, but starting this at the end of the NLCS will cause me to miss at least today's slot.
The start times are just like they say start times.. (just try to get there not too long afterwards) and its still game.

In fact that is what i will say anyone who cant make the start time or main time. (just get there not too long afterwards )

*knows only a handful of people will show up.

unomas

Banned
I can make the Friday time but not the one tonight.

I'm changing my gamertag later so I'll give you a heads up on what my new one will be.

Top Bottom