• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

big ander

GhaleonEB said:
It's not your fault. It was a spoiler, and you said it was a spoiler, and you used spoiler tags correctly. Anyone reading it - like me! - has no one to blame but themselves. I'm kicking myself, not cursing you.
Yeah, that's how I feel. I'm angry at myself. Although I don't really understand what the spoiler means. So hopefully I won't realize until I actually see it in the game. :p

So are people doing customs tonight? I'm gonna jump on hopefully in 30 minutes to an hour, and I'd love to get some Halo in.

EDIT: Blur, good luck getting Brig General this weekend.

Oh god I can't wait for "Sadie's Story". The Haunted Apiary (ilovebees) radio play for Halo 2 was a fucking incredible 4 1/2 hours for me, probably mostly because I had never heard anything like it before. I've probably listened to it all the way through like 5 times... it's like coming back to a old favorite movie for me, listening to it with headphones on and your eyes closed completely makes you feel like a fly on the wall
or rather a bug in the cell phones
in real places on Earth in the Halo universe. The voice acting was some of the best I've ever heard, period.

Blueblur1 said:
Also, you fire the Pistol into your own head to summon Master Chief.

And he'll be all like:

15dqwea.gif

Kibbles

New ViDoc for/right after Labor Day?

Domino Theory said:
Keep your disc for when Bungie begins to talk more about Halo: Reach? What? I know it will have the beta, but for "when Bungie begins to talk more about Halo: Reach"? Hmmm...

Oh and Ghaleon, you had to sign a NDA for firefight? I've seen some final game firefight videos on YouTube and I haven't seen anything else new. Hmm.

ZayneH said:
you are able to play Halo 2 in HD.
I would throw money at Bungie if this happened.

Thanks for the impressions Ghaleon. I'm so glad that Bungie went back to a more H:CE Hunter rather than the H2 and H3 Hunters. I always enjoyed the Fuel rod gun more than the weird zappy laser things. The improved AI is something new, for sure. I'm glad they made the AI smarter and didn't just throw in the campaign AI. Although, the part about the drones spreading out and attacking from all sides... that part doesn't sound quite as awesome. On Legendary those things are deadly.

Ever since the Frenchies leaked the game I havn't highlighted any of the spoiler tags in this thread. Don't wanna be spoiled at all.

So I'm just now reading about the Sadies Story thing, and I'm mega-excited for it. The Fourth Wall Studios guys (Former 42 Entertainment founders Elan Lee, Sean Stewart, and Jim Stewartson) were on the ARG Netcast a few months ago giddily hinting that their next project would make a lot of people happy. It's cool to finally know what they were hinting at.

The episode is split in two and can be found here and here.

I'm so pumped! HOLD ME :D

big ander

DrBo42 said:
Wait so is the current spoiler in blueblur's post a joke or an actual spoiler? I'm confused.
It's a fake spoiler now. But the real one is quoted below. For the love of god DON'T CLICK IT.

FYI guys, I watched an entire playthrough of this on Youtube over the past two days and it took the player 24 videos to beat it. That's four hours on easy. It seems really short to me.

Yes, I know it would take longer on normal/heroic/legendary, it just seemed skimpy.

I have no interest in buying this, that's why I watched.

If you want I can link to the user's channel...

big ander

FleckSplat said:
FYI guys, I watched an entire playthrough of this on Youtube over the past two days and it took the player 24 videos to beat it. That's four hours on easy. It seems really short to me.

Yes, I know it would take longer on normal/heroic/legendary, it just seemed skimpy.

Don't link please.
And it doesn't seem that short to me. I think Bungie has said before that the best experience with a Halo game is solo Heroic. So until somebody comes up and says the length of that is something different, I'm going to keep believing that it's about 8 hours.

FleckSplat said:
So you had no interest in buying it, yet you sat around for 4 hours to watch someone play the whole thing?

I guess I just don't get the appeal of watching someone play a whole video game through the internet box video player. Call me crazy.

Buttonbasher said:
So you had no interest in buying it, yet you sat around for 4 hours to watch someone play the whole thing?

I guess I just don't get the appeal of watching someone play a whole video game through the internet box video player. Call me crazy.

Well, I have a passing interest in the story and enjoy watching people play games. The game isn't worth 60 dollars to me and I thought I'd check it out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
big ander said:
Don't link please.
And it doesn't seem that short to me. I think Bungie has said before that the best experience with a Halo game is solo Heroic. So until somebody comes up and says the length of that is something different, I'm going to keep believing that it's about 8 hours.

Honestly, I think people who keep claiming Halo 3 is about 5 hours are crazy. First time through, it took me a few hours longer than that. And if it took you less, I don't think you received the full experience. Congrats, you are either a gaming machine or a speed runner.

On that topic, what difficulty will you guys be going through the campaign in first time round? Heroic solo here.

Theres a lot of repetitiveness that makes the campaign a bit longer than it is. You guys will see when you are at the parts I'm talking about. Alotta following AI waiting for events too.

Not a huge deal as its still a great little campaign.

(I've spoiled the whole game by watching it so much)

enzo_gt said:
On that topic, what difficulty will you guys be going through the campaign in first time round? Heroic solo here.

Said in IRC, solo Legendary in dark room with tons of mt dew to make it even more xtreme.

enzo_gt said:
I'd like to do it Legendary Solo, but that would take a lot longer and the risk of me hearing spoilers before I could complete would go way up. So Herois and then Legnedary later.

I sure as hell hope the BR isn't laid to rest. If there is nothing but automatic guns and semi auto dual weilds in Reach, I'm not sure if I'll be buying it.

FleckSplat said:
Well, I have a passing interest in the story and enjoy watching people play games. The game isn't worth 60 dollars to me and I thought I'd check it out.
I suppose. It's more a general rant against people like this:
xxjuicesxx said:
who I would assume is actually going to purchase the game.

xxjuicesxx said:
Theres a lot of repetitiveness that makes the campaign a bit longer than it is. You guys will see when you are at the parts I'm talking about. Alotta following AI waiting for events too.

Not a huge deal as its still a great little campaign.

Said in IRC, solo Legendary in dark room with tons of mt dew to make it even more xtreme.

Well if Juices approves of the campaign, then its good enough for me. I just hope the story is very good.

big ander

enzo_gt said:
Same as you. I wish I could just marathon the thing in a dark room like Juices (and I'm sure others of you) but school always gets in the way. :(

t4ng0

Digital-Hero said:
Ugh, still debating whether to get this game. That trailer was amazing and I've seen it like 40 times. Decisions, decisions.... :(
Preorder it along with another AAA title online at Best Buy for $94ish.
OSTHelmFit002.gif

go go go

Phew, glad you guys gave that spoiler fair warning. Almost highlighted it. Thanks.

t4ng0 said:
Preorder it along with another AAA title online at Best Buy for $94ish.
OSTHelmFit002.gif

go go go

They took away that deal for ODST, The Rock Band Beatles and MW2. :/

Pretty pissed about that.

soldat7

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not sure how much has been posted about the Hunters - I'm still catching up on stuff, as I've had only 10 minutes of time online since I got to Seattle - but they're a cross between Halo 1 and Halo 3, with the fuel rod gun from Halo 1 instead of the 2/3 variant. They are terrifying.

ilge8g.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GhaleonEB said:
I'm not sure how much has been posted about the Hunters - I'm still catching up on stuff, as I've had only 10 minutes of time online since I got to Seattle - but they're a cross between Halo 1 and Halo 3, with the fuel rod gun from Halo 1 instead of the 2/3 variant. They are terrifying.

Oh yes baby, come to me. Sure that isn't just one of the higher class Hunters? Or are they all like that?

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:
Honestly, I think people who keep claiming Halo 3 is about 5 hours are crazy. First time through, it took me a few hours longer than that. And if it took you less, I don't think you received the full experience. Congrats, you are either a gaming machine or a speed runner.

Heroic solo here. I did Heroic 2 player split-screen co-op for Halo 3 and had a blast. Probably took around 8 hours doing that. And it was an absolute blast. By the time we hit the Warthog run at the end of Halo, we had gathered an audience watching us as we squealed like little girls while careening over the edge innumerable times.

Digital-Hero said:
Ugh, still debating whether to get this game. That trailer was amazing and I've seen it like 40 times. Decisions, decisions.... :(

Buy it at Toys R Us and get a free $20 gift card and action figure with it.

Kibbles

FleckSplat said:

Are you talking about the guy that skipped most of the night-time gameplay? I haven't watched these, but one guy was skipping most of the gameplay at night. That's a lot of time right there. Also, you say he was playing on easy. I could beat Halo 3 on Easy super-quick too. You have to keep in mind that this wasn't meant to be even as long as Halo 3.

Very odd. It must've been all in French too. Sure you get English subtitles, but not for the in-game dialog. Also, no Nathan Fillion? FTL right there.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Grimm Fandango said:
Heroic solo also. Don't want to yell at my TV the first time through.

Solo first-time? Pfft.

I'm rollin' with 3 other dudes on Heroic for our first time.

sexual innuendo lawl
<---- The following may or may not be a spoiler for Halo: Reach.

GhaleonEB

PedroLumpy said:
Impressions sound great, should be a blast.

Does Firefight scale at all based on the number of players?
It doesn't that I could tell. The difficulty seems tuned to accomdate different player counts, though. It felt like single player should be 1-2 players for Easy and Normal, 2-3 players for Heroic and Legendary 3-4 players. I had a good run on a map going solo on Normal, Eazy and I lasted a good 40 minutes with the two of us on Heroic. While I didn't try Legendary personally, I heard one of the groups got cocky and tried it, since they did well together on Heroic.

They didn't get past the Chieftains on the first round. :lol

barcafc

Neo Member
Midnight launches at EBGames, Gametraders around australia, ring your local store to see if they will be opening at midnight.

AUS PREORDER DEALS

All Stores- Halo Reach Beta
EB Games- Sergeant Johnson
JB HiFi- 200 Microsoft Points
GAME- 1 month gold

30 mins leaked: http://videogamesrepublic.com/?p=8833

FleckSplat said:

This is really stupid. Of course it will be extremely quick on easy. In every halo game if you pick easy you can just run straight forward guns blazing. Hell you barely even have to shoot you can just run past pretty much everything (which i bet is what happened).

99% of all games would be extremely short when played on a difficulty that easy.

feel

AdventureRacing said:
This is really stupid. Of course it will be extremely quick on easy. In every halo game if you pick easy you can just run straight forward guns blazing. Hell you barely even have to shoot you can just run past pretty much everything (which i bet is what happened).

99% of all games would be extremely short when played on a difficulty that easy.
Let's just ignore that post, obviously it will last much more if you don't rush it on easy for a youtube vid.

big ander

I think I should come to terms with the fact that I may never get Save This Film or Have Fun Respawning. I wish Halo 3 could have spent some time in my complete games list. :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
Was skimming the Bungie Tweets feed and spotted a few pics of a familiar scene from Friday night.

http://twitter.com/bungietweets/status/3772868707

http://twitter.com/bungietweets/status/3772868707

You were NDA'd and went to Bungie to have alone time with ODST, we get it.

Thermite said:
http://i25.tinypic.com/2570rnn.jpg[img]

Liking the background for the ODST Multiplayer Disc.

Edit: Fixed link.[/QUOTE]

Hawt. Menu lookin' way better than Halo 3's.

Top Bottom