• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

I like how these pirate/leaker jackasses always play on easy. I even noticed the livestream guy was on easy.

They just want to blow through the game as quick as possible for "omg first".

cortana is getting more anatomically correct by the game lol. halo durango is gonna be rated x.

Other thoughts:

-The graphics imo vary from "fricking amazing" to kinda almost "meh". Overall very good but not quite "next gen", as some of the first media players said things like "if you told me this game was running on next gen I'd have believed you"

-It looks very dark. Could almost be annoying. I havent seen any really bright areas, even the outdoor areas I've seen look quite subdued. I hope it doesn't feel oppressive to me (personal thing, I dont like games that are too dark all the time)

-Spoilers, there have been a few things I've seen that lead me to believe this game may contain a final boss. That would be totally awesome and something I've been begging for for ages.

-I get the feeling it's a long game. people exaggerate and say any FPS is really short so I'm sure some people will say it's short. But I bet it's long.

Overall, cant wait to play of course!

AlStrong

Found 2 HD videos if anyone is interested, SPOILERS!

Bootup+Menu+Intro Cinematic+Gameplay: http://youtu.be/wm3IHwceYDA

SPOILERS!

Heh, nice. The scene @2:11 looks based on one of the concept art (can't remember if it was for released around Halo 3, I recall it being one of the Zune backgrounds). It's also on page 146 of the Art of Building Worlds book).

edit:

lol
"uuugh... why did you wake me!" >:[
Must have been a good dream. :p

BLAZER

Heh, nice. The scene @2:11 looks based on one of the concept art (can't remember if it was for Halo 3, I recall it being one of the Zune backgrounds). It's also on page 146 of the Art of Building Worlds book).

I know the ones.
355M3.jpg

I'm so glad they did this. I've always wanted to see it in action.

Spirit3

The game has been confirmed to be around the length of your typical Halo experience. So depending on difficulty and players, 7-10 hours.

I caved and watched the videos, absolutely loved the intro. It gives us so much in so little time.

Holy fuck just saw the video.Thought you guys were exaggerating about the graphics.It looks fucking amazing!

Visually this is the greatest halo of all time.

The environments are some of the best ever in video games history.

I play only PC games and I was astounded by hat I saw in that intro sequence. The mood and tone matched that sense of feeling that occurs in half life or the first halo. AND GOD DAMN, IT LOOKS SO GOOD

Also, the sound design. So sexy, so much weight to everything

TUROK

the officer (?) says that its haleys gloriefied memory and she is making things up.
No, he was saying that she was manipulating facts, bending history. Also, how'd the new version of the Battle Rifle get on a ship that was drifting in space?

Cruceh

Banned
Been watching for the past 3 hours and I am unimpressed. Played 1 2 3 and reach, but who knows if I'll get this. Depends on my friends I guess. I don't know who decided on how to defeat the final boss, but :lol Anticlimactic to say the least.

Seance

Banned
I wanna see the last MP map, has it been leaked?

Audio and Visuals are breathtaking, damn this is gonna be good.

Game looks fucking AMAZING. Only think that really annoyed me was the sound of the warthog. Maybe it's more realistic but i found it really grating.

Such fond memories of the Halo 2 leak by the French people. We were huddled around the computer for hours watching that multiplayer footage over and over.

Mindwipe

It looks amazing, but it's really disappointing that the
Spartans are wearing the wrong armour and using the wrong weapons in the flashback :-(

Reiko

Banned
GAF... I think Halo 4 has reached Uncharted territory visually. This is serious voodoo.

Release can't come any sooner. :mad:

What game was that? And who's the guy?

IIRC that game is Skyrim, and I forget the guy =/ but he is a reviewer from somewhere.
Edit: Ah found his name: Justin McElroy , famed for his rant on Twitter about how NeoGAF is deliberately trying to sabotage games journalism by intentionally feeding them misinformation. And Skyrim dance >.<

Hoo-doo

Banned
GAF... I think Halo 4 has reached Uncharted territory visually. This is serious voodoo.

Release can't come any sooner. :mad:

What? I am watching these youtube videos but still can't see what's apparently so impressive about them? Can you point me towards some particularly amazing moments?

It looks better than Halo 3 and Reach, that's for sure.

Reiko

Banned
What? I am watching these youtube videos but still can't see what's apparently so impressive about them? Can you point me towards some particularly amazing moments?

It looks better than Halo 3 and Reach, that's for sure.

Come on dude. I'm not spoiling anything. Visuals are easily Killzone2&3/Gears3/GodofWar3/TheLastofUs/Uncharted2&3 Tier. That is all you need to know. 343i nailed it.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I see it's hit the usenet sites.

Worse leak ever. MS must be fuming.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't discuss the story in here. Even in vague terms. There's a spoiler thread for a reason.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Come on dude. I'm not spoiling anything. Visuals are easily Killzone2&3/Gears3/GodofWar3/TheLastofUs/Uncharted2&3 Tier. That is all you need to know. 343i nailed it.

I genuinely don't care about the story much so i'm not scared of spoilers.

All I have seen so far just doesn't really look anything like the titles you just mentioned. But i'm totally up for being proven wrong!
It has the best skyboxes and vistas of any game though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Well it's doing all that in 720p... With excellent IQ.

How much more do you expect from ancient hardware?

That's a completely different argument. You're saying it belongs between the best looking console games ever. I disagree.

But let's keep this thread from derailing further.

Top Bottom