• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

Reiko

Banned
That's a completely different argument. You're saying it belongs between the best looking console games ever. I disagree.

But let's keep this thread from derailing further.

I thought that was the graphical checklist? Or are we moving goalposts?

Did the Chief always talk so much?

It looks incredible. This might be the first midnight launch I attend. And I'm not even THAT big a Halo fan.

You can see the jackals shields are dynamic light sources as well as everything else. Shit load of dynamic lights its delicious.

Dat graphics easily one of the best this generation has produced.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I thought that was the graphical checklist? Or are we moving goalposts?

I don't think it's up there. This is a subjective opinion, don't get your panties in a twist.

It looks really clean, but then again also rather sterile and bland in a lot of spots. That's a look I don't consider to be "Insane".

gaming_noob

That's a completely different argument. You're saying it belongs between the best looking console games ever. I disagree.

But let's keep this thread from derailing further.

Meh, good for you. Everyone else seems to think it looks among the best.

Don't know how THIS is not considered among the best.. spoiler alert http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jOrvzAJhxII#!

HOLY FUCK from 1:00min in to 1:30 the freaking SCALE. UP there in terms of details to Uncharted fucking 3!!

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah the game looks great but my main concern is the scale. I'm talking The Ark / The Covenant level of quality and scale. Is any of that in 4? I haven't seen any of that yet but I'm only going by released footage and demos. Not seen any leaked footage yet. Was going to but I came on a stream towards the end of a playthrough and thought fuck it, I won't spoil it.

rakka

I'll wait to actually play the game on a HDTV before judging the visuals like everyone's doing here whether it's omfg insane!!111! or it's bland meh

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
MS should just allow the shops to break release date.

It's not fair that the hackers and pirates gets to play it almost a month in advance.

Mohonky

This game takes such an enormous dump over Bungies efforts visually and aurally....Likes like MS were right to let Bungie go, because 343 Industries are doing some amazing looking work with this one.

Interesting to see what can be done when a team actually tries to use the 360 hardware rather than just dress up some middle ware.

I got to play the game about 2 weeks ago, and I and others immediately spotted the below par visuals, particularly in the AA component of it. I'll be disappointed if that was the final product

Hanmik

To sum up expressions of the leaked footage so far:

Its Halo.

I am not seeing the insane. Looks like it always did.

Looks like every other Fps ever made.. Whoever thinks this is uncharted or killzone territory.. Sorry but I know a good place to buy new glasses.

Yeah the game looks great but my main concern is the scale. I'm talking The Ark / The Covenant level of quality and scale. Is any of that in 4? I haven't seen any of that yet but I'm only going by released footage and demos. Not seen any leaked footage yet. Was going to but I came on a stream towards the end of a playthrough and thought fuck it, I won't spoil it.

Looks like it to me. But like Halo 3, there is a difference between the actual play area and some big backdrops in the distance you can never reach

SparkTR

Visuals are kinda inconsistent, it looks up there with Uncharted 2 in the more open areas but there are many areas (mostly in doors) where it looks a flat and low-res. I guess this is a decent example, shot I found (no spoilers). Granted I'm going by videos, but they're from the games native resolution.

Reiko

Banned
Visuals are kinda inconsistent, it looks up there with Uncharted 2 in the more open areas but there are some areas (mostly in doors) where it looks a bit flat. I guess this is a decent example, shot I found (no spoilers). Granted I'm going by videos, but they're from the games native resolution.

Superb IQ

Grisby

I'm out. At least for this thread. Nov 8th needs to get here sooner and stinkles needs to work some voodoo magic for it to happen.

Seance

Banned
Looks like every other Fps ever made.. Whoever thinks this is uncharted or killzone territory.. Sorry but I know a good place to buy new glasses.

image.php

Time to bump the release date up. I know that never happens but this is a pretty comprehensive leak. By the end of the day there'll be no surprises left.

Sid

The graphics range from 'awesome' to 'meh' whereas the IQ is just 'meh'.It isn't the best looking console fps but it still looks pretty damn good at times,i hope it's fun to play.

Reiko

Banned
The graphics range from 'awesome' to 'meh' whereas the IQ is just 'meh'.It isn't the best looking console fps but it still looks pretty damn good at times,i hope it's fun to play.

So about as good as God of War 3? (Yeah I know, Avatar quote) God of War 3 had it's awesome highs and meh lows.

BlazinAm

what is with the coke zero can in the video?

Gotta love when streamer project their "amazing" music taste on viewers.

Sid

So about as good as God of War 3? (Yeah I know, Avatar quote) God of War 3 had it's awesome highs and meh lows.
Yeah definitely though gow3 is the best looking console game imo,shame i have to wait till the official release date,i hope ms breaks the street date.

Top Bottom