• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

^ Yeah, I guess it depends on what they messaged them..maybe they were asking for a link to DL?

VekVg.png
l8Cqa.png

Damn. Guess the files are online and its not just an isolated physical copy.

Wouldn't that be incredibly illegal?

Setting up user accounts just the entice people to ask about the presumably pirated game?

Well, Im betting the people playing it are real but maybe MS is letting them play for a bit longer while trying to use them to figure out where the source is.

IHaveIce

Banned
They should contest that ban then, because that isn't right.

Yeah he is trying to fight for his account in the support chat lol, but the mail clearly states that the support can't do anything, don't know.

I didn't ven know that microsoft is able to monitor all messages and ban for the content without a report

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah he is trying to fight for his account in the support chat lol, but the mail clearly states that the support can't do anything, don't know.

I didn't ven know that microsoft is able to monitor all messages and ban for the content without a report

They can ban you for looking at the screen the wrong way (they really could)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
gotta be pretty dumb to ask someonehow they are playing a game nearlly a month early lulz sorry but people should know by now to keep themselves away from shit like this if they dont want any intentions of being banned or whatever

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
gotta be pretty dumb to ask someone how to ask how someone is playing a game nearlly a month early lulz sorry but people should know by now to keep themselves away from shit like this if they dont want any intentions of being banned or whatever

It's absolute bullshit however you spin it.

Zeal

Banned
Soundtrack has leaked also. I think the LE comes with the soundtrack if I am not mistaken, so the arrival of this around the same time as the supposed leak would probably confirm it.

EDIT: nevermind

surly

Banned
gotta be pretty dumb to ask someone how to ask how someone is playing a game nearlly a month early lulz sorry but people should know by now to keep themselves away from shit like this if they dont want any intentions of being banned or whatever
Check other posts by the people on that Se7enSins forum who have said that they got banned. They're pirating games and running flashed/JTAG consoles. Guess their luck just ran out.

Check other posts by the people on that Se7enSins forum who have said that they got banned. They're pirating games and running flashed/JTAG consoles. Guess their luck just ran out.

Se7ensins is not a piracy forum, It promotes modding and the line between both is fine but its unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.

Running a Flashed/JTAG/RTH console does not mean you steal games.

surly

Banned
Se7ensins is not a piracy forum, It promotes modding and the line between both is fine but its unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.

Running a Flashed/JTAG/RTH console does not mean you steal games.
Like I said, check the other posts from the people that were banned. Here's one for example: -

This has to be a funny hoax, but either way. I'm downloading too. Getting a steady 130kp/s now, and uploading just as much.
This is one of those people who got banned talking about another 360 game that leaked, which they were downloading from a torrent site. But yes, they totally got banned just for sending a message, I'm sure! None of them steal games! He was probably downloading a "legal backup".

Like I said, check the other posts from the people that were banned. Here's one for example: -

This is one of those people who got banned talking about another 360 game that leaked, which they were downloading from a torrent site. But yes, they totally got banned just for sending a message, I'm sure! None of them steal games! He was probably downloading a "legal backup".

Um, he got banned because he was downloading a file that may or may not of been Halo 4? You're telling me microsoft used that forum to isolate potential pirates and banned them without proof?

Its much more likely he was banned for sending a message. Just like a someones friend from here was.

Banning pirates is the right thing to do but not without solid proof.

It just means you probably do.

Can the same not be said of people who run Hacked PS3, PSP's or Vita's because by that standard GAF is full of pirates

surly

Banned
Um, he got banned because he was downloading a file that may or may not of been Halo 4?
The post I quoted comes from a thread entitled "its out for download" that's talking about Halo: Reach. He's talking about pirating Halo: Reach from a torrent site on the day it leaked. He mentions his download and upload speeds. But no, he's not a pirate at all.....

I'm not saying that everyone with a modified console is a pirate. I'm saying that those guys that got banned on Se7en-Sins are, because they blatantly admit it in threads on there.

The post I quoted comes from a thread entitled "its out for download" that's talking about Halo: Reach. He's talking about pirating Halo: Reach from a torrent site on the day it leaked. He mentions his download and upload speeds. But no, he's not a pirate at all.....

I'm not disputing the fact he is a pirate, What I'm saying is that Se7enSins is not a piracy forum, It has no games download section its discourages but does not strictly enforce piracy discussion and its original intention was a modding forum.

Mindwipe

Couple of guys on se7ensins forums and a friend of mine
KuGsj.gif

They all got banned for "playing a pirated copy of a game", although they just sent messages.

I have no idea what was the content in the messages, some may asked for uploading the game.

Fact is this account is being monitored and even the messages

Well, in future they'll know only to communicate by sitting in a barn, filming what happens on a grainy VHS and uploading that to YouTube.

DJ88

I always laugh at how everyone's always a "FAKE!" expert in these leak threads, then it ends up being real. Every time.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So this is like any other normal Halo launch. Don't these games leak mad early every time?

Zeal

Banned
I don't think the game leaking will hurt sales anyway, especially if it is good. All a leak will do is increase hype.

Then again, you always have some dickbox who will upload the ending to Youtube and title the video N3W HALO4 GAMEPLAEY.

I played Halo 3 and Reach well before street date (legitimate copies) and never got banned for it.

What's with the new policy?

This isn't a case of early sellers on the high street, this is way too soon to play halo 4 outside of some registered live accounts like 343i employees and vip's

Squire

Banned
Can the same not be said of people who run Hacked PS3, PSP's or Vita's because by that standard GAF is full of pirates

Sure, I've no bias.

I will say it's somewhat genius using however few pirates are out there as honeypots to catch potential others. Getting banned because of messaging sucks, but it's not like thinking, "If they're making contact, they're probably interested to pirate it too" is some sort of huge, paranoid leap in logic, either.

Well, if Halo 4 really has leaked, and it seems like it has, then I guess I need to start being extra safe about spoilers. The internet is now unsafe.

shuri

Banned
Don't send the guy any messages, some people did this and now their accounts are permabanned on xbox live.
is this some weird extreme fan rumors made up by psychotic fans trying to 'prevent' spoilers for the game from leaking?

seems so.

Darknight

You may be banned for any reason, or no reason.

Doesn't matter the context.

I hope those people get their Xbox Live membership (of whats left anyways) refunded oh wait they wont.

I agree about banning pirates but not mass banning people due to sending messages.

shuri

Banned
so instead of just banning the guys and disconnecting them; they are banning people who message them instead.

SOUNDS LEGIT.

beanman25

I hope those people get their Xbox Live membership (of whats left anyways) refunded oh wait they wont.

I agree about banning pirates but not mass banning people due to sending messages.

If I'm not mistaken you can ring up support if your account gets banned and get codes equal to the amount of gold/points you have left.

bakeray

Unless that pastebin link above was a hoax then I wouldn't be exhaling yet. If it is real that means there are already copies floating around on the net.

Zeal

Banned
343 gone and Bungled?

Big question is whether it was the French or us Aussies this time?

Supposedly a Spaniard copy. In the event it does leak, I'm wondering if that version even has english audio and subtitles. If not, that would at least slow down the spoilers for english speaking audiences...

lol wtf am I even saying. No it won't.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sweet, I'm going to message him just for the lulz.

edit: I don't know how to message people who aren't on my friends list. Oh well.

New Message->Target: Usernamehere->Message->Send

??????

KillGore

Halo Reach got leaked a few weeks before release date here in Puerto Rico, mainly because they made the discs here but as others said, disc 2 looks really fake lol

Zeal

Banned
Halo Reach got leaked a few weeks before release date here in PR, mainly because they made the discs here but as others said, disc 2 looks really fake lol
I agree that some things about the discs look a little...off, but I don't know how you would fake the "Playing Halo 4" message on your Xbox Live profile...

But the two biggest pieces of evidence that verify it's legitimate:

1. Microsoft immediately removed the Youtube videos he uploaded. Bogus footage wouldn't be touched.

2. Anyone attempting to message the Live tags of those who supposedly have a copy are perma-banned.

Top Bottom