• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
343 gone and Bungled?

Big question is whether it was the French or us Aussies this time?

I don't think any potential leaking of the game is a failure on 343's part. Microsoft, learning from past mistakes, have been and continue to be very pro active reacting to what's going on. Just take a look at the banning already being handed out and not a single, verifiable, illegal copy of the game has surfaced yet.

There are many links in the production and distribution chain and there are interested parties out there that have a huge financial incentive to illegally obtain and exploit the game - we're talking about groups that actively make good money out of doing these shady things, At some point, it's inevitable that something will fall through the cracks. It's impossible to have a 100% secure system and it's simply a matter of time before it happens.

Just be careful pointing fingers and trying to place blame. It also usually take a while when these leaks do eventually occur, to accurately assess exactly where it come from. For some reason, the criminals responsible also have incentives to try to hide their tracks.

Yagharek

So Halo 4 has leaked, and instead of banning the people playing it online, they ban those who send them messages even when they don't ask for direct details on how to get it (which would be understandable).

Poor form from MS, towards paying customers. Although given their complacency over resurfaced Fifa hacks its not shocking.

I wonder if they will ban everyone on the pirates' friends list if they send them an invite to play CoD or some other game inadvertently. Or just for guilt by association.

Vire

So Halo 4 has leaked, and instead of banning the people playing it online, they ban those who send them messages even when they don't ask for direct details on how to get it (which would be understandable).

Poor form from MS, towards paying customers. Although given their complacency over resurfaced Fifa hacks its not shocking.

I wonder if they will ban everyone on the pirates' friends list if they send them an invite to play CoD or some other game inadvertently. Or just for guilt by association.

You honestly believe these people weren't asking for download links? C'mon.

clem84

Gold Member
vreenak-fake.jpg

it's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

Umm, from what I gather from some MS twitters, the ones being banned just happened to be all jtagged console who had pirated Halo 4. Then they all protest how innocent they are, right.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Not that I don't believe you, but confirmation....how?

Popular modding site that will not be linked here had a link to a torrent for a certain .iso...several people appear to be dling now.

Could be modding kids getting screwed but they seem to be taking it as legit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Popular modding site that will not be linked here had a link to a torrent for a certain .iso...several people appear to be dling now.

Could be modding kids getting screwed but they seem to be taking it as legit.

Don't see it on Usenet unless I'm blind, so I call bullshit

Yagharek

Umm, from what I gather from some MS twitters, the ones being banned just happened to be all jtagged console who had pirated Halo 4. Then they all protest how innocent they are, right.

And no doubt there is some colateral in there as well. Hell, they are the sam company who hasnt been able to protect against fifa hacks so presumably they arent going to be dead accurate in this case.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Single iso? Wouldn't it be two since it's two discs?

Hoping it's fake. :(

I think people said earlier that 2nd disc is an install for multiplayer? I don't believe anything unless I see it on Usenet, torrents usually go very slow too

Well that didn't take long.

I don't even really remember what happened in Halo 3 so I'm not that concerned about spoilers but it sucks that a lot of people in this thread will have to practically avoid the internet for a month.

Zeal

Banned
I'm being cautiously optimistic, because like Wario says, I'm not actually seeing any verified leaks right now. Just rumors...

MrDaravon

Even if this isn't legit, there's no way the game won't leak at least a week or two before release, if not earlier. It's a very high profile game that's already gone gold, and they're going to need to print millions of copies.

I'm always fascinated by the "bail out" concept. Do people actually go completely dark on any likely spoiler sites such as GAF, reddit, etc. weeks in advance to avoid potential spoilers?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Even if this isn't legit, there's no way the game won't leak at least a week or two before release, if not earlier. It's a very high profile game that's already gone gold, and they're going to need to print millions of copies.

I'm always fascinated by the "bail out" concept. Do people actually go completely dark on any likely spoiler sites such as GAF, reddit, etc. weeks in advance to avoid potential spoilers?

They probably limit their behavior at the very least. I don't care about Halo spoilers so I'll watch anything :p

MrDaravon

Honestly yes.

This just always strikes me as bizarre because if the internet has taught me anything, it's that people are dicks. Unless you want to completely and 100% avoid any potential vector for spoilers it doesn't seem like it would work. I've had games unintentionally "spoiled" for me on here, reddit, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc. Short of either shutting your internet off, or sticking strictly to sites that have literally nothing to do with videogames and have no sort of community posting it doesn't seem like that would really even work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yes, or at least limit viewing of threads. That's what I do, don't pop in so often because some jackass WILL evidently not know how spoiler tags exist. You don't black out on the internet, that's hyperbole, but you can definitely attune your usage of certain sites to minimize potential jackassery.

Squire

Banned
This just always strikes me as bizarre because if the internet has taught me anything, it's that people are dicks. Unless you want to completely and 100% avoid any potential vector for spoilers it doesn't seem like it would work. I've had games unintentionally "spoiled" for me on here, reddit, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, etc. Short of either shutting your internet off, or sticking strictly to sites that have literally nothing to do with videogames and have no sort of community posting it doesn't seem like that would really even work.

It in fact works and that's why people keep doing it. It does rely on courtesy on the part of others to an extent. Not everyone is nice enough to flag stories and reports as spoilery (whether it's slight or not). Most are pretty good about in my experience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best way to troll I've ever seen was on a forum with apparently no avatar size limit. The person just made his avatar a gif highlight reel of Halo: Reach spoilers!

I'm calling fake based on the artwork on Disk 1.

Look at the Dolby logo on both disks for easiest comparison, the positioning of the artwork doesn't match.

There's also the possibility that the disk art on the promotional pic wasn't final or something but I'm more inclined to believe that someone just whipped these two up to mess with you guys at this point.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah because those ones in the render aren't even real discs. There's people playing it, it's real.

Zeal

Banned
Still hasn't hit the net yet, so either El Pirato isn't sharing or Microsoft has assembled the Foot Clan with Shredder leading.

Zeal

Banned
Ahhh Halo 2 leaking was the shit back in the day.
Still remember reading about it and watching the same videos.
Ahhh simpler times.

I remember listening to people play it over mic on Yahoo after the leak, with all the elites talking in french. God, it was awful but hilarious.

Well, he named the last MP map, said its called Vortex.. So if that pans out I guess we will know its true. He said he will post pics tomorrow, so its only a matter of time.

Top Bottom