• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

RoyalFool

Banned
Back in the good old days they used to put the press copies up on xbox live for download but just set the price to 999,999 MS points, until some smart arse figured out a menu glitch to download stuff without paying for it. I think they had a heart attack when they noticed about 200 copies of Halo 3 had been downloaded overnight.

Edit: Wow, I'm a member now - yay!

KageMaru

What-Meme-150x150.png

I couldn't help but to bust out laughing to this, well done sir.

It's a product with over $1bil on the line, so yeah... It's a pretty huge deal

($500 million in production and marketing as well as over $500 million in sales as well as $100s of millions in residual revenue)

Are these guesses or is this from a link?

Sid

It's a product with over $1bil on the line, so yeah... It's a pretty huge deal

($500 million in production and marketing as well as over $500 million in sales as well as $100s of millions in residual revenue)
Halo4's budget including marketing is $500 mn.?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo4's budget including marketing is $500 mn.?

Not out of the realm of unlikely

I saw it on the fincher article but likely speculation

Halo 3 was known to peak at about $300 million in costs $60~ million in budget

343 had to be set up... There's probably a lot more hands on the game. They are making a low budget movie... How much did is cost? Like $20 million? $50 million? They nabbed fincher. How much did that cost? They nabbed davidge... Amassed a huge amount of talent from many dev studios...

First time to make it right so people buy into halo 5 on Xbox 720

It's really the most important game launch in Microsofts history

Considering reach sold like 9 million copies- at $60 buy that's 540 mil alone... This game may be a lot bigger than that on that side too

Alec

Back in the good old days they used to put the press copies up on xbox live for download but just set the price to 999,999 MS points, until some smart arse figured out a menu glitch to download stuff without paying for it. I think they had a heart attack when they noticed about 200 copies of Halo 3 had been downloaded overnight.

The good old days...you mean Halo Reach? =P

KageMaru

Edit: @ Dopeyfish, I could be wrong but I thought I read halo 3's budget was actually around $30 million.

I also doubt all those copies of Reach was sold at $60. Wasn't it even bundled with the system? I'm sure those are counted as well.

Muffdraul

Is this earlier than the Halo 2 leak? I still remember 320x240 videos of Elites speaking french.

I always thought it was on the old GAF, but when I went looking for it a while back I couldn't find it so I wonder if it was actually somewhere else-

There was a poster named REINA or REIMA, something like that. He was from Brazil and his English was beyond atrocious. He had the Halo 2 leak, and there was a thread where he was posting updates in real time as he played the campaign and giving big spoilers which turned out to be fake because he was such an idiot. Like "o no guy it official- the mastre chief is dies. he falls and dead =(" ...referring to MC falling into the lake and into the Gravemind's clutches.

Anyone remember if that was indeed on the old GAF back then?

KiraXD

seeing as 2,3 and reach got leaked... why havent MS taken more precautions... you consistantly see the biggest named titles leaked (and not just MS) youd think that if you were working on a Halo game (or COD or any other hugely popular game) you would have pentagon-level security.. especially if they go on record saying:
“We have seen the reports of Halo 4 content being propped on the Web and are working closely with our security teams and law enforcement to address the situation," said a Microsoft spokesperson. why even let it get there in the fist place.

Squire

Banned
To be fair, the only instance you'd need Pentagon-level security is one in which you're protecting people.

At the Pentagon.

Zeal

Banned
Just wanted to warn everyone, please be careful about spoilers. If you are going black, NOW is the time to do it. Please be careful on Youtube and untrusted forums.

The game is now leaked 100% confirmed and spreading as I type this.

Godspeed and goodluck.

Tagg9

Wow. It has officially been leaked. >_< Game is fucking everywhere on pirate sites.

For anyone curious, the origin seems to be a user called Sahil00150.

And of course Microsoft is probably too concerned with sticking to their marketing plan to drop the street date on it, leaving legit players to try and dodge spoilers for the next few weeks :(

Tagg9

Yeah, you may want to remove that image.

I put it in as proof, but have removed it (better to be safe than sorry).

You can bet Microsoft will be going nuts right now, although I'm guessing it was strategically leaked this time on Friday night to escape notice.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
seeing as 2,3 and reach got leaked... why havent MS taken more precautions... you consistantly see the biggest named titles leaked (and not just MS) youd think that if you were working on a Halo game (or COD or any other hugely popular game) you would have pentagon-level security.. especially if they go on record saying:
“We have seen the reports of Halo 4 content being propped on the Web and are working closely with our security teams and law enforcement to address the situation," said a Microsoft spokesperson. why even let it get there in the fist place.

That's what happens when you have a street date a month+ after it goes gold/goes into manufacturing.

Brannon

Well.

Maybe Microsoft can pull an Eidos and make lemonade out of this lemon the same way they did the Deus Ex leak.

Stranger things have happened.

DJ88

I always thought it was on the old GAF, but when I went looking for it a while back I couldn't find it so I wonder if it was actually somewhere else-

There was a poster named REINA or REIMA, something like that. He was from Brazil and his English was beyond atrocious. He had the Halo 2 leak, and there was a thread where he was posting updates in real time as he played the campaign and giving big spoilers which turned out to be fake because he was such an idiot. Like "o no guy it official- the mastre chief is dies. he falls and dead =(" ...referring to MC falling into the lake and into the Gravemind's clutches.

Anyone remember if that was indeed on the old GAF back then?

It was by (hmm his name is censored, god I hated that man) and it wasn't GAF it was opa-age. I remember following that thread in my high school computer class when I was done with the assignments. Everyone was crowded around watching a video of the first Earth level. Good memories.

Muffdraul

It was by (hmm his name is censored, god I hated that man) and it wasn't GAF it was opa-age. I remember following that thread in my high school computer class when I was done with the assignments. Everyone was crowded around watching a video of the first Earth level. Good memories.

Oh awesome, thank you. Was starting to wonder if I dreamed it or something.

EDIT: Holy shit apparently the dude is still leaking games to this day. And he's just as fugly as I remember. And opa-age is still bitter about it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Looking on some sites these people are so out in the open about releasing games early and yet they never seem to get tracked down and punished.

I'm looking at some who've done 100's of games.

Syriel

Heh, he was a twitter account.

More amusingly is the recent history. A guy who goes around stealing games is complaining on twitter about someone who stole from him.

Is that karma in action?

Bit surprised that someone doing such things would keep such an active online profile. Seems incredibly dumb. Smart thing would be to stay offline and anonymous.

Tagg9

Heh, he was a twitter account.

More amusingly is the recent history. A guy who goes around stealing games is complaining on twitter about someone who stole from him.

Is that karma in action?

Bit surprised that someone doing such things would keep such an active online profile. Seems incredibly dumb. Smart thing would be to stay offline and anonymous.

The guy even has a Facebook page? Wow.

Question about the mandatory install; My buddy wants to play nothing but multiplayer. Not campaign, not Spartan Ops, just traditional multiplayer. Is the 8GB install required for ALL multiplayer features, or not? He doesn't even have a HDD so...He'll need one in advance if it's required just to play multiplayer. Clarification would be great. Thanks in advance.

Zeal

Banned
Question about the mandatory install; My buddy wants to play nothing but multiplayer. Not campaign, not Spartan Ops, just traditional multiplayer. Is the 8GB install required for ALL multiplayer features, or not? He doesn't even have a HDD so...He'll need one in advance if it's required just to play multiplayer. Clarification would be great. Thanks in advance.

Yeah....

You outta be ashamed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Apparently for infinity multiplayer you need 4 GB space

So get a USB key, that should work

Damn, two discs means Microsoft wont ever release it on Games on Demand. They're a software company that can't figure out how to put multi-disc games on XBL.

Top Bottom