• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Dub117

I just got a hardcore Sony fan to watch the scanned trailer then FUD, she was incredibly impressed. She always has talked crap on halo without even knowing what it was about, thought it was a mindless FPS. Now she wants to know every detail of lore...I told her that would take quite a while. I felt like I accomplished something today, besides finals.

Chettlar

Banned
I just got a hardcore Sony fan to watch the scanned trailer then FUD, she was incredibly impressed. She always has talked crap on halo without even knowing what it was about, thought it was a mindless FPS. Now she wants to know every detail of lore...I told her that would take quite a while. I felt like I accomplished something today, besides finals.

unimpressed.gif

Ramirez

This is up there with a cure for cancer, good job brother. We must grow our army.

I'm just curious to know how BA the trailer will be. H2 had some pretty awesome trailers back in the day. It'll be interesting to see how the new trailer(s), will match up.

I have a really good feeling the Halo 2 Anniversary trailer will be an HD remake of the original E3 2004 trailer. That would garner SO much hype.

I have a really good feeling the Halo 2 Anniversary trailer will be an HD remake of the original E3 2004 trailer. That would garner SO much hype.

They could only do that if they turned that level into a playable bonus level. If they recreated it without making it playable people would be mad all over again.

IHaveIce

Banned

ywuar.gif

Fuchsdh

I remember when everyone wanted that single-shot rifle from the demo. Then everyone went all bugs.jpg when we got the DMR.

Problem was the DMR wasn't the single-shot BR we hoped for. Instead we got a bloomin' rifle with a RoF lock. The Halo 4 version feels fantasticly powerful but still doesn't function like the E3 one in any form.

Just make the BR have a single-shot mode in the next game (I guess campaign only for balance reasons) and please everyone!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Z0purxJ.gif

AR/Pistol starts. Solves the issue with the DMR, solves the issue with spawning with a BR (single shot > burst), solves the issue with nostalgia, solves the issue of life.

Make it happen.

Just make the BR have a single-shot mode in the next game (I guess campaign only for balance reasons) and please everyone!

Been wanting this for ages, but I don't ever see it happening. Burst mode would give you the benefit of sweeping for headshots, while single shot is more accurate, something like that.

Maybe have a little option in the menu where you adjust your stance, customize your Spartan armor, decide if you want to spawn with a burst fire or single shot BR, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
AR/Pistol starts. Solves the issue with the DMR, solves the issue with spawning with a BR (single shot > burst), solves the issue with nostalgia, solves the issue of life.

Make it happen.

Where's my burst weapon start.
Also, is the AR you envision actually useful weapon or should i just pick up shotgun or plasma rifle+melee?
EDIT the irony here is that i used to hate BR and preferred single-shot weapons to it. Then i started liking the BR and hate single-shot weapons.

Been wanting this for ages, but I don't ever see it happening. Burst mode would give you the benefit of sweeping for headshots, while single shot is more accurate, something like that.

Maybe have a little option in the menu where you adjust your stance, customize your Spartan armor, decide if you want to spawn with a burst fire or single shot BR, etc.
Make the bust/single fire gun a new weapon (Xiphos), but disable the ability to carry a second gun. Use the weapon swap button to toggle between burst and single fire.

Woorloog

Banned
So this is happening

*Thanks Halwaypoint for using a terrible uploading site that wont let me direct link pics

Too bad we probably can't walk around the whole ring.
I really want a game, Halo or otherwise, where you can explore a whole ringworld.
I know i know, the size is a big issue. Even for a procedural game.
(Don't have Halos have circumference of about 314000km? Assuming their diameter is 10000km that is. Less than Earth's circumference but still a lot)

I really want a game, Halo or otherwise, where you can explore a whole ringworld.
(Don't have Halos have circumference of about 314000km? Assuming their diameter is 10000km that is. Less than Earth's circumference but still a lot)

Interior diameter is 10000KM. I feel like that's actually not huge by Minecraft concerns, I think the biggest problem would be circumnavigation (ba-dum-tshh) without having to walk up a perpetual staircase due to the whole block thing.

I remember halos have local fauna right? such a letdown you couldnt explore Requiem

Woorloog

Banned
Interior diameter is 10000KM. I feel like that's actually not huge by Minecraft concerns, I think the biggest problem would be circumnavigation (ba-dum-tshh) without having to walk up a perpetual staircase due to the whole block thing.

I totally forgot Minecraft limitations. I was thinking of a 3d gameworld where curving surface is actually possible. Something like we can see in Spore or so (Funny thing about Mass Effect: Citadel interior is actually curved, but i think the NPCs are always oriented in certain way, probably technical limitations)
314000km circumference would be quite a lot even by Minecraft standards really...

Mix

I remember halos have local fauna right? such a letdown you couldnt explore Requiem

Yes, I totally agree.
Halo has such a rich lore, regardless of how much people have been hating on the EU since the release of Halo 4/ Halo: Escalation. I would love a game where you can explore a Halo and find and observe all of the local fauna and flora, things that the Forerunners would have placed as well as what they would have gathered from other worlds before the detonation of the rings several thousands of years ago. I think it would also be cool if each halo had a totally different style of flora and fauna, as if they were inspired by different places and planets and whole star systems. The idea of exploring a Halo untouched by covenant and humans is amazing.

I totally forgot Minecraft limitations. I was thinking of a 3d gameworld where curving surface is actually possible. Something like we can see in Spore or so (Funny thing about Mass Effect: Citadel interior is actually curved, but i think the NPCs are always oriented in certain way, probably technical limitations)
314000km circumference would be quite a lot even by Minecraft standards really...

The big difference is that you're just rendering a single strip with a ring that's substantially smaller than a full planetary surface.

It'd be neat if the Nether got replaced by the inner workings of the ring. Ghasts can be Enforcers, Blazes Sentinels, Zombie Pigmen Flood, Magma Cubes Carrier Forms, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
The big difference is that you're just rendering a single strip with a ring that's substantially smaller than a full planetary surface.
Well, depends on its width and height too of course.
At least it ain't the size of the real Ringworld. IIRC Minecraft can have some 9 times the surface area of Earth, which is nothing next to Niven's 3 million times the surface area of Earth...
It'd be neat if the Nether got replaced by the inner workings of the ring. Ghasts can be Enforcers, Blazes Sentinels, Zombie Pigmen Flood, Magma Cubes Carrier Forms, etc.

That would be pretty cool.
What would the End be?

Well, depends on its width and height too of course.
At least it ain't the size of the real Ringworld. IIRC Minecraft can have some 9 times the surface area of Earth, which is nothing next to Niven's 3 million times the surface area of Earth...

That would be pretty cool.
What would the End be?

Precursor mindshare technobabble plane world with the Timeless One as the final boss.

Dub117

This is up there with a cure for cancer, good job brother. We must grow our army.
She is a huge RPG gamer, so I always figured she would like the story, if she would just get past it being a FPS AND an Xbox game. I was right, and now she is asking me a bunch of questions, asking if she should play chronologically or in release order (which one by the way??) Anyway, I was happily surprised, thought I would share. Also a testament to how good FUD was/is for what it is. Cheers.

Edit: oh yeah and now she wants to borrow my 360. I have an x1 and titanfall, but that's my only game. I think I got more than I bargained for, dammit.

Fuchsdh

Why are you guys jumping to some Minecraft spinoff? Looks like a Halo-themed texture pack for the game just like the Mass Effect stuff.

Yes, I totally agree.
Halo has such a rich lore, regardless of how much people have been hating on the EU since the release of Halo 4/ Halo: Escalation. I would love a game where you can explore a Halo and find and observe all of the local fauna and flora, things that the Forerunners would have placed as well as what they would have gathered from other worlds before the detonation of the rings several thousands of years ago. I think it would also be cool if each halo had a totally different style of flora and fauna, as if they were inspired by different places and planets and whole star systems. The idea of exploring a Halo untouched by covenant and humans is amazing.

Halo ODST 2 plot right here, seriously.

Woorloog

Banned
Why are you guys jumping to some Minecraft spinoff? Looks like a Halo-themed texture pack for the game just like the Mass Effect stuff.

I know. I was just thinking that exploring a full ringworld would be wonderful.
Or any other artificial space mega structure.

Ghazi

I wish they'd at least let us press the button that blew up Reqiuem, just so we can see everything we didn't get to explore expode by our own hands.

Top Bottom