• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Blue Team B-Roll

LordOfChaos

Is Fred really explaining that to the chief or to a new player?

25917-eye-zoom-Wfpt.gif

Fotos

When that grunt get's disintegrated in that hallway it seems that gun being used is just a human shotgun. But it looks like theres this orange glowing part on the end. Don't know if this has been pointed out yet. Seems to have a forerunner attachment.

Cl5Syoj.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This could end up being one of the greatest Halo games ever. Never thought I'd say that about a 343 Halo after Halo 4!

link1201

When that grunt get's disintegrated in that hallway it seems that gun being used is just a human shotgun. But it looks like theres this orange glowing part on the end. Don't know if this has been pointed out yet. Seems to have a forerunner attachment.

Cl5Syoj.jpg

Looks like a legendary weapon maybe.

Cl5Syoj.jpg

Could be the Scattershot, though the design seems different and the way it shoots seems a bit different.

Does Fred really need to explain how to kill hunters? They've been fighting the Covenant for decades, lol.

I imagine that, despite being trained for countless hours to shoot center mass, many modern day soldiers are reminded to aim for center mass right before entering into combat. Or at least I feel like I've seen that in movies.

Can't wait to see how the relationship between Master Chief and has M8s evolves.

On a side note, I couldn't help by laugh when two (Kelly and Fred?) got downed by the last Hunter. They cleaned up the second one very well and then just ran up behind, hoping I assume, that Chief would continue to hold it's attention.

Didn't work out like that LOL

Hulud

I really hope they don't overdo the hand-holdy aspect of Blue Team. I can see it now: "Over here, Chief, the path is this way." repeated x1000. It could really hamper the exploration if done poorly. Still I can't wait to play it.

I really hope there's an option to keep the ground pound first person, it's my only real issue with this game's presentation, it just looks goofy to snap between third and first person for literally one second.

Kibbles

Why did they pick a segment that looks like Halo 4s opening mission? I wish they showed something new and exciting. The MP stuff looked good, this was disappointing.

greenleafcm

Neo Member
I had a feeling we might get a snippet of some Blue Team campaign gameplay today after they released some new screens yesterday. Everything looks and sounds great so far - it's so good to finally hear their voices! :)

Also does anybody know if there's going to be some kind of additional briefing about this, or is it just the b-roll footage today?

I have been through the ringer with my favorite series in gaming since the MCC... er, well, Halo 4 actually.

But you know what? I've gone back, open minded, played another 10 hours of Halo 4 to add to the already existing 200+, and fuck it, I love it.

Halo 5 looks to have taken everything that 343 got right with Halo 4, brought back core elements, tuned up everything to a T and I think this has the potential to be one of the best Halo games.

I'm saving this post just in case I'm proven wrong and this goes horribly awry.

link1201

I have been through the ringer with my favorite series in gaming since the MCC... er, well, Halo 4 actually.

But you know what? I've gone back, open minded, played another 10 hours of Halo 4 to add to the already existing 200+, and fuck it, I love it.

Halo 5 looks to have taken everything that 343 got right with Halo 4, brought back core elements, tuned up everything to a T and I think this has the potential to be one of the best Halo games.

I'm saving this post just in case I'm proven wrong and this goes horribly awry.

I hope this is the case. I really want Halo 5 to go well. I loved the beta, just hope it doesn't get mucked up somehow.

Bsigg12

I really like that they put effort into making hunters a potentially difficult foe now that there are always 4 people whether you're playing alone or in coop.

Pizza

I felt like halo 4 was pretty great, despite halo 3 still being my favorite gameplay-wise and halo 2 to be my favorite from a story standpoint.

5 looks like it's taking all the best parts of every halo game and slamming them together in the best way possible. I'm more than excited for this! Warzone is literally the multiplayer gametype I've always wanted too, so I'm losing it.

Trey

Still not feeling the squad aspect. But the gameplay looks about what I expected. The storyline is gonna be crazy, I'm sure.

I should replay Halo 4.

L4nnist3r

Looks really smooth and it seems they work on the aliasing a little bit. Looks really clean also, I wonder what resolution was at the moment the recorded this b-roll.

JackHerer

Cl5Syoj.jpg

I recall hearing that both the Scattershot and the human shotgun have a flashlight on the front now, That doesn't explain the grunt being vaporized though.

Lrrr

I don't know. This footage didn't wow me like I expected it would. The art style and textures looked rather plain. I found H4 to be more visually appealing, but hey, this is NeoGaf where differing opinions aren't allowed, so what do I know? I'll give credit where it's due though - the framerate was rock solid and that's nice to see. I suppose something had to be sacrificed for that to happen.

I don't know. This footage didn't wow me like I expected it would. The art style and textures looked rather plain. I found H4 to be more visually appealing, but hey, this is NeoGaf where differing opinions aren't allowed, so what do I know? I'll give credit where it's due though - the framerate was rock solid and that's nice to see. I suppose something had to be sacrificed for that to happen.

I wouldn't worry too much, they've shown screenshots that show a variety of terrain and styles. The game is still 3 months away, maybe they just want the reveal to be slow and sweet without giving away surprises. I'm pretty confident 5 will top Halo 4 in most every way now that they're a little more experienced with the franchise.

Frog-fu

Banned
Just when I didn't think it was possible MS could have botched the Halo 5 portion of their conference any more than they did, this pops up.

This and B roll of the MP look so good.

I'm starting to feel excited for this despite not loving Clamber in the MP (which for me makes it feel more like a Halo inspired game).

Visually it's not bad, just not great imo. I was expecting a bit more. My biggest issue is how each level seems to have a muddy color filter (green hue, orange hue, brown, etc.) limiting the range of colors, especially with lights and skyboxes. Maybe this is more of a issue with the MP though.

Personally I would love to see a Halo game take a next gen approach to the art style of ODST with some Reach mixed in.

Cl5Syoj.jpg

Legendary weapons just became even more interesting. Seems to be a UNSC shotgun with Forerunner augmentation. Interesting and hype.

Glass

I've not looked back at the video but from that screencap isn't that just muzzle flash?

Edit: whelp, definitely not muzzle flash.

Top Bottom