• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Blue Team B-Roll

Leyasu

Banned
Looking damn good. If they keep everything that they have promised, then this will be my go to game until halo 6 comes out

Nope you are not alone. I dont like the Space Station style they have. It just looks like the first level of Halo 4.

Yeah thats what i was trying to say in the other thread. The maps all look like im inside or near a space station type area. One thing about the Bungie maps was that theyre maps had individuality. These dont. Its as if they used their Forge feature to make all the maps and used the same stairs, blocks, etc...

Yeah thats what i was trying to say in the other thread. The maps all look like im inside or near a space station type area. One thing about the Bungie maps was that theyre maps had individuality. These dont. Its as if they used their Forge feature to make all the maps and used the same stairs, blocks, etc...

Thank you!

SaganIsGOAT

I mean, this level literally takes part on a space station sooooo.....

Footage looked great. Probably one of the smaller levels in the game and already the movement looked solid. I dont think we will get much blue team gameplay until launch since its too spoilery.

My only complaint about Halo 5 thus far is the marketing. Halo 3 had some amazing trailers leading up to launch and it gets you hyped. I am hoping for a more epic trailer with awesome music, and better gameplay demonstrations. Get more people talking and they got a huge system seller. Right now everything looks amazing.

If that footage is running on Xbox One, then I'm very impressed. The look and speed of it all is just great. Also it looks really clean compared to the E3 stuff.

szaromir

Banned
Footage looked great. Probably one of the smaller levels in the game and already the movement looked solid. I dont think we will get much blue team gameplay until launch since its too spoilery.

My only complaint about Halo 5 thus far is the marketing. Halo 3 had some amazing trailers leading up to launch and it gets you hyped. I am hoping for a more epic trailer with awesome music, and better gameplay demonstrations. Get more people talking and they got a huge system seller. Right now everything looks amazing.
Halo 3 E3 2007 trailer was great: it showed snippets of the first 5 levels of the game with what seemed like really fun action sequences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61riPrD-ny8
It seems like 343i are afraid to show a montage of such diverse set of locations, only showing a very narrow selection of campaign levels thus far. Halo 5 has this entire thing "hunt the truth" going on, but I don't think it's particularly intriguing or involving.

Had this thought as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that so they could more easily create remixed maps as we saw in the beta. Who knows, but hopefully there's more diversity from the maps we haven't seen for human and UNSC settings.

Wizman23

Banned
Watched it on my phone earlier and was torn. Watched the 60 FPS video on my PC and was blown away. Glad they chose the 60 FPS route.

I feel like we are seeing a lot of people sort of realize how much 60fps brings to the table in terms of gameplay. I don't mean that in a snarky way at all. You can just see even from a gameplay video how fluid it makes everything seem.

I really like that 343 decided that 60fps was not something they were willing to budge on. I'd like to see more games go that route this gen.

I'm like the biggest Halo 4 fan on here, and anyone claiming that Halo 4 somehow looks better than this is literally out of their damn mind.

Looks great. Only thing that bothers me is the hit detection markers. Hoping they include an option to turn that on and off since it seems unnecessary for campaign.

tV7joym.gif

Looks great. Only thing that bothers me is the hit detection markers. Hoping they include an option to turn that on and off since it seems unnecessary for campaign.

tV7joym.gif

It's strange, I usually hate hit markers because I feel like they often make it harder to see the target I'm shooting at, but I actually like these. Don't really know why, it catches the rythm of the gun firing or something.

I dislike the animated hit markers, I didn't mind the more static ones. Hopefully we can turn off the weapon highlights, it looks pretty tacky, I prefer the little icons that they use in H2A.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the hitmarkers are a bit excessive, but I've already gotten used to them. By the time the game comes out they'll feel invisible.

I feel like we are seeing a lot of people sort of realize how much 60fps brings to the table in terms of gameplay. I don't mean that in a snarky way at all. You can just see even from a gameplay video how fluid it makes everything seem.

I really like that 343 decided that 60fps was not something they were willing to budge on. I'd like to see more games go that route this gen.

Yes - I'm now one of the 60 fps converts. It just looks so damn smooth. I can't wait for this. One of the few games I'd actually take off work to play specifically. Bring it 343.

Finally got to watch this.
Honestly, this is the stuff I'm interested in right now, so I did enjoy this morsel.

Really hope the Campaign is great this time.

munroe

Seen all of the maps have you?

The levels shown in this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmMXx4J337o they sure don't look like a space station or the E3 2015 demo which was featured on a covenant planet. A lot of bungie maps were boring, take the Library or Assault the control room, same corridor and room constantly. Halo 2 got mind numbingly boring with it's level design nearer the end of the game too.

Toa TAK

Banned

tV7joym.gif

I felt that way when Halo 4 came out (actually before that when Homefront came out).

It was weird at first to have hitmarkers in a single-player/campaign portion of a game, but I think you'll get used to it. I did. No biggie or anything.

haikira

Along with the recent multiplayer footage, I have to say, Halo 5 isn't looking half bad. Looking forward to trying it October.

Am I crazy, or is 343/Microsoft being a little withholding when it comes to campaign footage? I'm not insinuating that there's a malicious reason for it, just that it's a little weird. I thought by now we'd have had more story trailers and the like. Ignoring BTS footage, this is really only the second time we've had a proper look at the campaign, isn't it?

Theorry

Along with the recent multiplayer footage, I have to say, Halo 5 isn't looking half bad. Looking forward to trying it October.

Am I crazy, or is 343/Microsoft being a little withholding when it comes to campaign footage? I'm not insinuating that there's a malicious reason for it, just that it's a little weird. I thought by now we'd have had more story trailers and the like. Ignoring BTS footage, this is really only the second time we've had a proper look at the campaign, isn't it?

Will ramp up just before release. But i think they dont want to spoil to much. I like that.

It's better that they keep most of it under wraps. In any case, I guarantee we'll get that stuff before launch. Still over 2 months left to release.

Really don't want them to go too far overboard with the campaign stuff. Of course, I can ignore some things, I'm getting better at media blackouts (the extended Uncharted 4 gameplay, for example) but keeping some secrets for the actual game would be pretty good.

Lingitiz

They've been playing up the mystery aspect of the story a lot as a way to bring people back into the franchise. They really want the whole Master Chief gone rogue and dual protagonist aspects to pull people in just out of curiousity. Maybe if they show too much of the SP it might ruin that.

Halo 3 E3 2007 trailer was great: it showed snippets of the first 5 levels of the game with what seemed like really fun action sequences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61riPrD-ny8
It seems like 343i are afraid to show a montage of such diverse set of locations, only showing a very narrow selection of campaign levels thus far. Halo 5 has this entire thing "hunt the truth" going on, but I don't think it's particularly intriguing or involving.

Just re-watched this. It feels so grand, but in reality, they only show ~3 levels, but because the pacing is so good, it feels like more.

Shows a distinct different approach between the two companies making their trailers.

Top Bottom