• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
now I feel bad

I promise Im almost done! I wont hoard everything

(just foundation, desolation, turf, terminal, tombstone, colossus, and maybe prisoner, plus ones Ive never tried before)

im.glad.its.in.good.hands

i.want.to.try.halo4s.landfall....calling.it!

totally respect the racing community for their skill and dedication, but i've never been a fan of the coaster tracks. there were a few maps in reach or halo 4 that were set up somewhat like a mario kart track and those were nice.

now foot races are a different story. love me some indiana jones, although i don't think we have kill balls yet so it'll be tough to make that. can't wait to see what people do with those kind of gametypes especially with all the spartan abilities we have. jumps you have to thrust on, a clamber wall, a section where you have to ground pound onto moving platforms because falling normally is too slow, etc.

Has anyone made a Halo 2.0 yet?

Y'know, that stupid infection

OH WAIT ARGGHHHH

edit: could make it in normal slayer somehow.

Anyway, y'know that map which had a giant loop and you had to drive to the end dodging sniper/rocket fire from the zombie, and then if you made it you got in a flying thing and nailed the zombie FTW?

It was rubbish, but me and my friends always played it at the start of a session...

nillapuddin

scaled up quite a bit, or just unknowingly exaggerated in a few areas, best of luck to them though.

The Pit, Lockout and Guardian are maps that will have 500,000 remakes, and everyone will have a different opinion which is better
(so jaded from the dark days of my map testing and sorting)

i cant wait for petetheduck and other people in that genre get the gametypes they need (really just infection) to make this blast off

singhr1

Has anyone made a Halo 2.0 yet?

Y'know, that stupid infection

OH WAIT ARGGHHHH

edit: could make it in normal slayer somehow.

Anyway, y'know that map which had a giant loop and you had to drive to the end dodging sniper/rocket fire from the zombie, and then if you made it you got in a flying thing and nailed the zombie FTW?

It was rubbish, but me and my friends always played it at the start of a session...

Is that like Speed Halo but with rockets/snipers (as opposed to hammers)? or are the zombies on a different part of the map?

so what's the deal with groups? every time i reload a map i have to ungroup everything because because they bug and connect to each other, making them unmovable or uneditable.

Raide

Tips for making curves on edges. I also seem to have holes in the floor because I cannot figure out how to make it look decent.

NOKYARD

so what's the deal with groups? every time i reload a map i have to ungroup everything because because they bug and connect to each other, making them unmovable or uneditable.
Still not sure about this. I have seen it twice on my Grifball court build but managed to get the items to return to normal by phasing similar items into the group.

Deadlock rebuild starting in 5 minutes. twitch.tv/nokyard

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ok, finally figured out getting prices to rotate indefinitely. Aside from it being a bit jerky, it'll work. hope the jank is addressed at some point though. Problem though. I started building onto the rolling object and now in addition to rolling like I want it, the entire structures flys through the map in a circular, vertical path. Wut.

Still not sure about this. I have seen it twice on my Grifball court build but managed to get the items to return to normal by phasing similar items into the group.

Deadlock rebuild starting in 5 minutes. twitch.tv/nokyard

phasing howso? are you move a phased object through the group, or you create a new group? i'd rather not have to ungroup and regroup 30+ objects every time i reload the map so any workarounds would help tremendously.

Jedi Otter

Is there some sort of option to reset a round of the map? Like to where everything spawns the way it was? I have some normal physics objects that aren't meant to respawn when disturbed and currently the only option I see is to just quit and reload. Which is a bit of a pain...

this guy's forging sandtrap

http://www.twitch.tv/wyvernzu

7aad6c3ec1fb58622e77c14f5c391fb6.png

13bea6f29fe21677e83c0840b024328d.png

596e01bca0a3ffe9eefdccb1dbaa0f6b.png

f4c6ef314cd8c18518a0630e660105c3.jpg

c70e2a825d8674a689abe9fbb66cc365.png

Bsigg12

Watching a few streams and videos of early maps, Forge is already being used to make some really impressive things.

would have been cool to see it in snow instead but i think the fact that he was able to get sand out of the space canvas is impressive on its own. he's even got the crashed USNC ship. hope it gets into BTB

jem0208

would have been cool to see it in snow instead but i think the fact that he was able to get sand out of the space canvas is impressive on its own. he's even got the crashed USNC ship. hope it gets into BTB

Eh, I always thought Sandtrap was a pretty terrible map.

It's only redeemable feature (admittedly it was pretty fantastic) was the Elephants.

Tips for making curves on edges. I also seem to have holes in the floor because I cannot figure out how to make it look decent.

I ran into this when using Breakout pieces for walls inside my teleporter halls, as well - my workaround was to just use bigger pieces to make sure you always have a spatial remainder on either axis, meaning the thing comes out to hard 90 degree angles when fully interlocked. For example, something like:

I_I using positioning, there's still some type of space between the objects. But, if we were to use objects larger than our playable space, such as:

_|_|_ it'll for sure cover up the whole thing.

This also has the added benefit of forge having a ton of huge pieces, meaning you can accomplish your builds in less objects - provided it's not something super precise, anyway.

Man, I feel old. Sitting in Forge, and my brain just can't get a solid hold on an idea. I just to build a couple of bases...but nothing is clicking for me :(

FyreWulff

Man, I feel old. Sitting in Forge, and my brain just can't get a solid hold on an idea. I just to build a couple of bases...but nothing is clicking for me :(

Remake a map you like (don't have to be super accurate). I've always found a good way to learn a changed or new tool is to try and make something familiar in it.

Even though no one ever played any maps I made (expect HaloGaf once and they hated it) I loved forge. Seeing all this is making me want to buy an Xbox One.

JDHarbs

Spent about 6 hours last night working on a Breakout version of Elongation only to have it bug out on me :(

It loads into a custom game just fine, but every time I try to open it in Forge I'm spawned outside of the game world and none of my controls work.

I took a screenshot of it.
Help?

Does anyone know if it's possible to make scripting interactions dependant on what team is invoking them?

I am trying to make bases and give them Halo 4 Dominion-like interactivity. (Eg if blue team gets to the base they can use a switch to activate team-specific shield doors, weapons and vehicles etc).

Generating the weapons and vehicles isn't really a problem - but team specific shield doors are the part I'm getting stuck on.

I don't think it's possible but maybe I'm overlooking something?

Or if anyone from 343 reads this and it isn't possible plz consider adding team triggers and also being able to link to objective events as triggers.

Eg you can place a strongholds capture point and build a base around it. Capturing the base will allow you to generate shield doors relevant to your team in that base. Or for CTF capturing a flag could generate new weapons etc etc allowing for new things to evolve as the game progresses

Fuchsdh

Spent about 6 hours last night working on a Breakout version of Elongation only to have it bug out on me :(

It loads into a custom game just fine, but every time I try to open it in Forge I'm spawned outside of the game world and none of my controls work.

I took a screenshot of it.
Help?

Someone was saying you need to make sure there's a respond point on the map otherwise you can't re-edit.

EDIT: Also in the cool stuff you can now do in Forge file: search lights.

http://www.gfycat.com/DelayedInfatuatedBarnswallow

Raide

just made a weird map and It makes me think of a Needler Ammo Factory. Pipelines, weird purple haze and man-cannons. I have no idea what I will do with it. Haha.

Top Bottom