• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

nillapuddin

I made adjustments to hopefully help smooth out the stream. Going live now http://www.twitch.tv/nokyard

You can join my game if you want.

yeah unfortunately I still cant watch the stream, but through the stuttering I see what you are doing

(as im typing)
HEYY! IT WORKS!

awesome, yeah as soon as you said you thought you had a way to do it, I thought of something to this effect. You the man.

Terrific, I will have to recreate this on my map now

edit: crap now you are talking about timers and stuff and I cant tell what youre saying.
If you could put this up on your FS it would be awesome
although in this game it doesnt matter, everyone can see your stuff without sharing, wtf!

Computron

so lets be honest here, theres still no way to simulate the garage doors on turf right?

I believe there may be a way. I will attempt it in my Forge show today.

i will pay you in fake internet points if you show me

it involves welding together objects with movable and phased physics.

So in this case you would weld a plane to a barrel (the plane would be the door you see, the barrel would be floating above the hinge of the plane, acting as its hinge) with the barrel trapped inside of a phased socket constructed such that it can only rotate in the axis that you want the door to rotate.

Welding stuff together does not necessitate contact, so you could hide the barrel acting as your hinge somewhere under the map to avoid ugnliness, but beware placement/alignment is crucial for making this not be jittery.

i tested it in forge and upon starting new rounds, the objects continue to have normal physics throughout the game. not sure if there is going to be something stupid that prevents it from working outside of forge like some other things i have encountered.

i can post video if the explination doesn't make sense.

Raide

Anyone else have issues with maps where you cannot edit/delete items, almost as if they are part of the world?

Also, anyone have issues putting down spawns and it says no more space?

I think this is very true. Some of the stuff I've seen created in less than a weeks time has blown me away.

I even saw someone beautify Guillotine and I think it looks leaps and bounds better than than the original. No disrespect to the Cartographers (they had a very limited time to work with a non-final toolset, and 343i internally tweaked the visuals after cartographers left), But the current BTB maps don't show the full potential of forge.

I hope that the existing maps in rotation will receive visual overhauls in addition to balancing tweaks.

I've been vocally upset about the lack of dev made maps in BTB, but seeing what the community is capable of with this new Forge, it no longer bothers me.

Link to beautified Guillotine?

Nutter

Would someone please check Sancti on my fileshare and see how I can bring the lightmap percentage down, the map is not fully complete yet but my lightmap is at ~80%.

First time forging so feedback is all welcome. GT = TJ NutterB

Yes it may even suck by some standards. :)

Currently working on a remake of Outpost 23 from UT 2016. I've made lots of changes to the overall size of the map so it plays nicely with Halo's movement.

Some shots of the current blockout:
rsU4JtB.png

5MgfSp9.png

IRDMx7y.png

pGmmz2B.png

A video.

Madness

VtFuo0Eh.jpg

MCnwlUYh.jpg

Have you guys seen this Narrows remake someone is working on?

Also, someone in the other OT mentioned that FoV can be changed in Forge, but he didn't know if it impacted the 60fps. Do you guys know how much it changes? Just curious.

Also, someone in the other OT mentioned that FoV can be changed in Forge, but he didn't know if it impacted the 60fps. Do you guys know how much it changes? Just curious.

The FOV change doesn't degrade performance at all. It does break the intro cameras. Probably has other issues.

wwm0nkey

VtFuo0Eh.jpg

MCnwlUYh.jpg

Have you guys seen this Narrows remake someone is working on?

Breaks Smart Link sadly

z3phon

Is there some way to fix the light cone popup somehow. I wanted to make a night time spooky map but the light cone popup isn't working how I expected.
Wanted the volume light to pretty much work like the guide for players.

rTnFrEO.gif

Is there some way to fix the light cone popup somehow. I wanted to make a night time spooky map but the light cone popup isn't working how I expected.
Wanted the volume light to pretty much work like the guide for players.

rTnFrEO.gif

You could try proximity based spawns?

Or is that what you're already doing?

Welfare

I don't even know if I should forge with these bugs persisting.

I'll stick to my drawings until stuff gets patched I think.

Nutter

When I load up my map now, it spawns me underneath geo. I guess I screwed my own map? I think I deleted the neutral spawns and this is now unrecoverable.

I spent so much time on the map. sigh :(

Karl2177

w0mBur2l.png

Here is my work in progress map. It's a remake of a map I made in Halo 4 called Intercession. You can read about the Halo 4 version here.

I initially started making everything using the same scale in Halo 4, but I ran into a problem, which was the Spartan Abilities. I didn't want players scaling the bases in escape, so I had to increase the scale by 1.5x. I also changed the center structure a bit. A new problem that cropped up was that with these changes, there became too much open space between the bases and the side bases. I had to create a new structure to fill the void, and I'm probably going to need another one between the bases and center structure.

FyreWulff

Yeah its a bit of a pain. I wonder why offline forging isn't possible/allowed.

Because Halo 5 has no peer networking or local MP scenario calculation (physics, etc) capability. They went all in on dedis, so Forging is going to require dedis.

TCKaos

Have some work to do still, but here's my progress so far. One of the big changes not shown is that I've consolidated the cliff/ramp area for each side of the map into a single cave for each side. I'll be adding man cannons to make the high ledges more accessible to infantry so that infantry isn't just sort of fucked.

I've got 10% physics budget left. Wish me luck, gentlemen.

Have some work to do still, but here's my progress so far. One of the big changes not shown is that I've consolidated the cliff/ramp area for each side of the map into a single cave for each side. I'll be adding man cannons to make the high ledges more accessible to infantry so that infantry isn't just sort of fucked.

I've got 10% physics budget left. Wish me luck, gentlemen.

Love Danger Canyon, just wait until the next update and hopefully we can spawn the CE pistol in customs.

I've scrapped two versions of my Countdown successor. The second one was getting closer to what I want. I'm going to have lifts, but there's also going to be clamber areas up to each floor.

wwm0nkey

Holy shit, he did it, he really remade Sandtrap! Right now he is working on weapon spawns. 343 please put this in the next BTB update

Unstable

I'll be on today if anyone needs someone to test their map or a fellow forger. Feel free to shoot me a message.

If you don't have me added already my GT is Unstable H2o

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Looks neat.

I'll be on today if anyone needs someone to test their map or a fellow forger. Feel free to shoot me a message.

If you don't have me added already my GT is Unstable H2o

You added me earlier, might need some help in the near future. I'm going ahead and trying to create my Infection map even though the gametype isn't out yet. Having trouble getting the scale right, the zombies fall down onto the humans.

Unstable

Looks neat.

You added me earlier, might need some help in the near future. I'm going ahead and trying to create my Infection map even though the gametype isn't out yet. Having trouble getting the scale right, the zombies fall down onto the humans.
I'd love to help. Working on my own map and trying to learn the new controls and possibilities with forge at the moment.

Akai__

Is there a tutorial on how to do lights properly? Especially in closed rooms? I can't get them to work, like I want them to.

Holy shit, he did it, he really remade Sandtrap! Right now he is working on weapon spawns. 343 please put this in the next BTB update

I tuned in at the end there and asked about sight lines. Was afraid of H5 ruining the map, due to hitscan, but the streamer and a viewer said the map works with BR's and you don't get cross-mapped, which is good. Hopefully, nobody adds Light Rifles or DMR's to the map, because those have slightly more range.

Now all we need is Brute Choppers and Elephants to make it even better. 343i please!

Raide

Done my terrain for a BTB map. I really need to come up with some good bases etc. Would you say 2 main team bases and then sprinkled with a few other smaller ones is good?

Raide

Is there a way to spawn vehicles via a script? I am trying to build a neutral base that has a place for a vehicle spawn, so teams can hit the switch to make a vehicle appear.

Top Bottom