• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

Also, those mechs in the Halo Wars 2 trailer shit on any Mantis we've gotten in a halo game to date...

So how bout HW2 inspired Mech Req drop? I give you this advice free of charge.

Edit: the comment "more info coming soon" is more annoying than absolute silence.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Also, those mechs in the Halo Wars 2 trailer shit on any Mantis we've gotten in a halo game to date...

So how bout HW2 inspired Mech Req drop? I give you this advice free of charge.

Edit: the comment "more info coming soon" is more annoying than absolute silence.

Yeah those mechs look awesome.

Halo 6 going to look nuts on the Scorpio. Was hoping for a Halo 6 tease but that pretty much crushes the dream for it to come in 2017. Halo 3 Anniversary perhaps a launch title for the Scorpio?

I'm not a fan of those mechs, prefer the chunkier look of the mantis.

I don't want to be that guy, but Bungie would have never added mechs to Halo. The Mantis just feels so out of place in Halo.

Then again, Marcus Lehto was posting mech concept art from the Halo 1 era so they could have been a thing in Bungie Halo.

Well, I guess it's time to start researching 4k tvs. Man, I'm really excited about the new hardware.

They aren't there yet. HDR is in it's own little format war and the TVs don't hit all the specs unless you don't care about that. Nothing the slim will do is worth buying a TV imo. By the time Scorpio comes out, which realistically can slip a year if it needs to, the 4K market should be more stable.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-2-at-e3-2016
Halo Waypoint blog post about Halo Wars 2:

Halo Wars 2 plays after Halo 5:
Brought to life through detailed in-game graphics and the incredible cinematic artistry of Blur Studio, the story of Halo Wars 2 explores a vital and exciting corner of the Halo universe directly after the events of Halo 5: Guardians

Get 3 Gold REQ packages for playing 5 games in the beta:
As if the Beta itself wasn’t enough, participation will also earn you some cool rewards to benefit your Halo 5: Guardians experience. You’ll earn one free Halo 5: Guardians Gold REQ Pack after completing your first game of Halo Wars 2 in the Multiplayer Beta, and two more free Gold REQ Packs when you complete your fifth game.

link1201

They aren't there yet. HDR is in it's own little format war and the TVs don't hit all the specs unless you don't care about that. Nothing the slim will do is worth buying a TV imo. By the time Scorpio comes out, which realistically can slip a year if it needs to, the 4K market should be more stable.
I'm hoping a bit cheaper too. I usually research awhile before I purchase so I'm glad they confirmed it(scorpio) today.

At least HW2 is February. Feel like there's so many games this fall I wouldn't even spend time with it. Crackdown definitely launching with Scorpio everyone's betting.

Yeah I also think there waiting for the slim to sell shit tons during the holiday and saving most things for 2017

Menu screen is DOPE

singhr1

SoT didn't even have a date did it?

Cause god damn, that was easily the best in what I thought was an incredibly weak conference.

"While we’re not yet discussing dates or details of the game’s immediate future, we are committed to continuing to get Sea of Thieves to players as early as we can, and engaging in open dialogues about the game’s development."

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/a-day-with-rares-sea-of-thieves/

Should be a beta later on this year, I would assume

http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/hal...le-now/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We’re working hard to make sure that the PC experience lives up to expectations, and we simply couldn’t get a beta ready in time for E3 that would address the variety of specs across PC rigs. We will be doing a second beta closer to launch that will be available on both Windows 10 PC and Xbox One. We’ll also have the Windows 10 PC version playable across myriad events throughout 2016.
Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2016/06/13/hal...x-one-beta-available-now/#3UjOGFOv8Siph6J6.99

Defect

HW2 is tight and all, but damn. I was at least hoping for a teaser of a new game or TV series. Guess there's no new Halo in 2016
Seems like we are getting two Halo games in 2017 like we did in 2009 and they're both Halo Wars and Halo 3 related again.
We all know H3A is happening.

Top Bottom