• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

So what are the chances of Halo 4 having a vidoc released during that thing at the end of the month before March 5th?

Overdoziz

Banned
-Make everything TU
-Remove Anniversary Squad
-Remove Arena, add Arena ranks to MLG
-Remove Zero Bloom Slayer, go play MLG you scrub
-Make Squad Slayer 4v4, call it Team Slayer and remove the original Team Slayer playlist.
-Add Community Slayer with shitty Forge maps
-Remove (or replace with Falcon) Banshees from all maps
-Make Squad DLC objective only
-Make Multi-Team 2v2v2v2v2v2 again
-Remove Evade from all playlists except Invasion, Big Team and Squad DLC
-Remove Action Sack, Grifball and Living Dead. Create a weekend playlist with double credits payouts with gametypes from previously mentioned removed playlists
-Let Ghaleon do whatever he wants with the Firefight playlists
-Release Halo 4 already

What matchmaking will look like:
  • Anniversary Classic
  • Anniversary FFA
  • Anniversary BTB
  • Squad DLC
  • Team Slayer
  • Rumble Pit
  • Big Team Battle
  • Multi Team
  • Team SWAT
  • Team Snipers
  • Invasion
  • Team Objective
  • Team Doubles
  • MLG
  • Community Slayer
  • Co Op Campaign
  • Score Attack
  • Firefight Doubles
  • Firefight Arcade
  • Firefight Anniversary

Anniversary not having all Reach MP maps sucks by the way.

This would probably be a step in the right direction.

Ramirez

If you wan to feel really bad about Halo, and the future of games in general, just realize that Hey You's opinions are probably what the majority WANT out of Halo.

FyreWulff

I thought you disliked the TU? Or do you just dislike the lack of consistency in matchmaking?

I dislike the TU but this cool uncle indecisive stuff needs to end. Push their TU into everything (minus Invasion) and stand behind their update, and eat the losses from people that stop playing over it. "Vanilla Reach is still around" is a farce at this point (two non-fringe lists left, one if the Slayer vote goes in favor of TU). They tried to be inoffensive to any portion of the playerbase with this update, but after losing most of the Vanilla lists to the TU now, they're doing a pretty good job of pissing the Vanilla base off. It's worse when you've been promised something and it's taken away. They should have just said "this is how Reach is going to play now".

Bungie had to stand behind their Halo 2 1.1 update and Halo 3 1.1 update and weather the player loss and criticism, 343 should do the same. If you don't want to then don't update the damn game.

Nutter

As buggy (OH NOES) the TU is, its still more fun than Vanilla any day of the week.

If you want to feel really bad about Halo, and the future of games in general, just realize that Hey You's opinions are probably what the majority WANT out of Halo.

The end of Videogames as we know it.

feel

If you wan to feel really bad about Halo, and the future of games in general, just realize that Hey You's opinions are probably what the majority WANT out of Halo.
iHHsR8icTa0zj.gif

Redford

aka Cabbie
Fuck, the chasers are horrible on Zealot. Can't really throw them off with a grenade, they just charge like little desperate bitches. I am mad, yeah.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Reach just has so many playlists that nobody gives a shit about holy shitttt. I can't imagine what people new to Reach think... although they're probably just playing COD cause those games actually let you play what you want.

Seriously, the fat needs to be cut and the option to play exactly what you want needs to be there.

Also, drop in drop out for social.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's what I hate about CoD.

No, I do not wish to play someone elses sloppy seconds.

I'm talking about just for social. Ranked would stay the way it is, and rightly so. But social should keep people coming if people drop. Nothing worse than being in a match where everyone quit but you have to finish it out, no matter which side you're on.

Social by nature is just for fun. Ranked is for the "serious business." So if people quit in ranked their team suffers and gets shit on. Social should not be subject to that.

I hate that garbage in CoD.

*joins game*
*gets put on team losing 6800 to 2300*
*gets killed bc AC-130 and Harriers*
*wonders why I'm playing Call of Duty*

feel

Why the negativity and shitty COD examples?? People would be able to opt out of joining games in progress, of course.

I'd really like the possibility of instantly jumping into games in progress to help out, or knowing that there's a chance someone might join my uneven game and make it even again.

Do you have Battlefield 3 with an online pass? If you don't, you're stuck waiting until the 17th to play the multiplayer side of it.

Of course I have the best shooter since Halo 2.

*shots fired*

I dislike the TU but this cool uncle indecisive stuff needs to end. Push their TU into everything (minus Invasion) and stand behind their update, and eat the losses from people that stop playing over it. "Vanilla Reach is still around" is a farce at this point (two non-fringe lists left, one if the Slayer vote goes in favor of TU). They tried to be inoffensive to any portion of the playerbase with this update, but after losing most of the Vanilla lists to the TU now, they're doing a pretty good job of pissing the Vanilla base off. It's worse when you've been promised something and it's taken away. They should have just said "this is how Reach is going to play now".

Bungie had to stand behind their Halo 2 1.1 update and Halo 3 1.1 update and weather the player loss and criticism, 343 should do the same. If you don't want to then don't update the damn game.

Agreed 100 percent.

u rite

I'm assuming the 4 reveal is gonna be SP, which I don't really care about unless it's massively different. I'd be happy to be wrong and see MP though.

I'd love to see MP, but I'd bet money that SP is what we see.

True. But DAT BR.

Just out of curiosity, how crushed will you be if there isn't the BR in Halo 4?

FyreWulff

Why the negativity and shitty COD examples?? People would be able to opt out of joining games in progress, of course.

I'd really like the possibility of instantly jumping into games in progress to help out, or knowing that there's a chance someone might join my uneven game and make it even again.

It would be nice at least if there was some recourse for players in your party rejoining a game after losing connection instead of twiddling their thumbs for the next 17 minutes while the rest of the party finishes out the game. Just block them from rejoining after they've been gone a certain amount of time or if x amount of time is left in the game so people can't open a game 4-0, have 3 guys quit out and one go HLG until 10 seconds are left.

3 minutes to rejoin and no rejoining in the last 4 minutes of a game sound about right to me. Make it a separate playlist flag so you can back it out or tweak it post launch if need be.

Of course I have the best shooter since Halo 2.

*shots fired*

Nice to see you've picked up Perfect Dark XBLA

feel

Just out of curiosity, how crushed will you be if there isn't the BR in Halo 4?
Pretty sad (and confused by the retcon).

But I'm open to something new and awesome as long as it has visual and audio feedback that fulfills me like the CE pistol and the H2/3 BR did. The DMR was never quite there for me, no even with the locked reticule in zerobloom.

Now Sprint being there as it is in Reach, destroying speed, maneuverability and freedom again, would crush me completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom