• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
343 should look towards Crysis 2 if they're trying to convey a sense of weight, agility, and strength in one character. The soldier in Crysis 2 was nimble yet had a nice feeling of weight. He feels like how a Spartan is described as in the books, but never in the games.

zap

Played Vanilla DMR's just now. Not sure how I ever tolerated it before.

I had the same feeling a few days ago. It just feels so, so sloppy. Just brings to light all of Reach's problems.

I know there are bugs and flaws present in the TU, but they are a lot more bearable imo.

So the left bumper on my MLG Madcatz just broke. It still registers but I have to press it down harder and further and it no longer clicks like it once did. Not sure if I should return it or use my warranty.

Homeboyd

So the left bumper on my MLG Madcatz just broke. It still registers but I have to press it down harder and further and it no longer clicks like it once did. Not sure if I should return it or use my warranty.
Did it "break" or did you spike it on the ground venturing off in the Team Slayer playlist?

:)

kidding.. I LOVE Forge maps

FyreWulff

Looking good, 343 bring back fun games to Action Sack!

Shotty Snipers and Speedpile can go fuck themselves...

Edit: what are these two structures on the far left?

I assume you mean the weird looking things that kind of look like _\_/_ ? Those are from the original map.

5 hours later, it's a playtest away from being submittable. The observation rooms for after you die are complete.

I assume you mean the weird looking things that kind of look like _\_/_ ? Those are from the original map.

5 hours later, it's a playtest away from being submittable. The observation rooms for after you die are complete.

Really liking it, hopefully it performs well on 4 players split-screen (reduce it to two already :/).

FyreWulff

Really liking it, hopefully it performs well on 4 players split-screen (reduce it to two already :/).

I believe Action Sack is already 2-split due to Haloball and Hockey. But this map is <$3,000 at this point. I could go crazy if I really wanted to. I am adding little details here and there to make it more visually interesting while leaving the play field clean.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
First he gets GAF to vote for a headset for him, then a chick buys him one, now people are donating to have him go to an event?

xTashiXHoarderx

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
First he gets GAF to vote for a headset for him, then a chick buys him one, now people are donating to have him go to an event?

xTashiXHoarderx
Whoa whoa I didn't say anything about that. I was just expressing my desire to go to an MLG event. Lol let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I do appreciate the love GAF has shown me though.

neoism

A Spartan sprinting across concrete should be a stealthy whisper&#8230;.
314yB.gif

343 should look towards Crysis 2 if they're trying to convey a sense of weight, agility, and strength in one character. The soldier in Crysis 2 was nimble yet had a nice feeling of weight. He feels like how a Spartan is described as in the books, but never in the games.

Agreed. Especially once you edit the xml file to jump higher/move faster by default.

Lazslo

So lately I've been playing a shitton of the game 'Temple Run' on my iPhone at work and I can't get over how much the environment reminds me of Guardian a.k.a Jub-Jub. Anyone notice this while Temple Running? If this has already been mentioned my bad, wouldn't be surprised either. Here's an image If your the one person who hasn't played Temple Run:
xCrdRl.jpg

Havok

Go into Team Slayer to do my part in the voting.

Vote 1:
TU Slayer Pro on Reflection
Slayer on Reflection

Vote 2:
TU Slayer DMRs on Reflection
Slayer on Reflection

Nailed it, guys.

FyreWulff

"It's so rare we can't even get a copy."

Fuck, Ram beat me to it, should have read further.

Microsoft ordered another print run when Reach's Legendaries were almost depleted. As far as Bungie knew, Reach LEs were actually limited, and MS changed it after launch.

Also, the quote in question is from the Halo 3 Legendary writeups - but I think everyone agrees that Halo 3's LE was definitely overmanufactured

TheOddOne

Bungie did sort of mention they were hiring during the development of their games. :p

In fact, they're hiring right now. Probably not a good sign for Destiny if they have to solicit help from the internet.
I say they are doomed, just like all the companies that put up jobs on the interwebs.

In other news.
Big thanks to Jessica for dragging me gently into this week&#8217;s OHI. The 343 Art Team (and 343 in general) is thundering on all cylinders, and the seismic rumble has the neighbors all up in arms. When your landlord is the UNSC, you tend to giggle when the homeowner association mail starts to pile up!

With Chief making an appearance at the NY Toy Fair, the internet has bubbled with lots of questions around Chief&#8217;s design changes. Having cut my first game developer experience on Daikatana, I&#8217;ve developed a healthy respect and fear of the internet. I will step onto a message board with all the cautious ginger one would employ pulling lost forks out of a sink garbage disposal. I did want to risk mangled finger burger to talk a little about some of what brought us to our current design.

Above all, we wanted the player to really feel what it&#8217;s like to be the Master Chief. This manifests itself in a lot of ways, and for those who read the Fall of Reach, there&#8217;s a lot of character depth behind that helmet that has yet to make its way into the game experience. Every person who was allowed to touch him had to, HAD TO, understand his history as a person. The Chief&#8217;s origin is pretty sad and grim: A strong, vibrant child stolen from his parents, he underwent dangerous bioengineering that destroyed the weaker of his friends, and trained to stomp out human Insurrectionists. Pretty morally nebulous beginnings for someone who ultimately saved humanity. Of all FPS heroes, he is distinct in that his arc is aspirational and not a cynical view of the universe.

A big focus on the Chief&#8217;s armor was his physicality and putting the player in those mighty shoes. Getting that weight across in the design had us looking at a lot of contemporary military vehicles, and we pushed detail and form into the armor that implied that history. This is the bleeding edge of military technology.

A Spartan tossing his chest plate should feel like an anvil dropping&#8230;.

A Spartan sprinting across concrete should be a stealthy whisper&#8230;.

Putting on your helmet should feel like powering up an F-15E&#8230;.

These are the sorts of experiences we want to give the players.

Kenneth
This reads like a sex novel, I'm getting hot and bothered.

The toy pic BSangel posted was also way better then the first one we got. Looks freaking awesome.

PNut

Banned
Go into Team Slayer to do my part in the voting.

Vote 1:
TU Slayer Pro on Reflection
Slayer on Reflection

Vote 2:
TU Slayer DMRs on Reflection
Slayer on Reflection

Nailed it, guys.

It's a conspiracy. I did get these 2 voting options today: TU Slayer on Boardwalk and Elite Slayer on Boardwalk. Elite Slayer won. I think TS will be fine next month.

Havok

It's a conspiracy. I did get these 2 voting options today: TU Slayer on Boardwalk and Elite Slayer on Boardwalk. Elite Slayer won. I think TS will be fine next month.
With the wording in the splash screen being something like "We were overwhelmed by the response to the TU in Team Slayer," I don't really see a way that it doesn't go global at this point (which I think is a good thing even if just for the sake of providing a consistent experience, although I do think it plays much better).

That comes with its own set of questions, namely why a TU Team Slayer as it is deserves to exist at all in a world with a TU Squad Slayer and Arena.

I don't think anyone really knows which one is going to win this poll, but I think we can all agree that 343 Industries did a poor job setting it up. I've never played so much Elite Slayer. As was said by many so far, the voting options should have been identical, except for one gametype being the TU version and the other being the default version.

No one really even knows what's going to come out of it, no matter what wins. Which pretty much makes the poll meaningless, aside from it being, at best, a questionable approval rating on the TU gametype.

daedalius

I don't think anyone really knows which one is going to win this poll, but I think we can all agree that 343 Industries did a poor job setting it up. I've never played so much Elite Slayer. As was said by many so far, the voting options should have been identical, except for one gametype being the TU version and the other being the default version.

No one really even knows what's going to come out of it, no matter what wins. Which pretty much makes the poll meaningless, aside from it being, at best, a questionable approval rating on the TU gametype.

trololo.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom