• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
a FLOOD of information?

EFoM1l.jpg

Poor choice of words. Realistically they won't give us that much...probably more like a quartanahalf.

Get PUN'D son!

Just watched Ep. 1 of Helljumper. Someone's getting a job out of this. Dialogue Writer will not be one of those jobs...but it's still damn good for a fan film.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi, I thought we had something special.

<3

check your pms

If your curious about MLG, I guess Spring "leaked":

Winter (Columbus): March 23-25
Spring (Anaheim): June 8-10
Summer (Raleigh): August 24-26
Fall: November 2-4

Only 4 events huh? Kinda weak. No way I can make it to the opener but I'm gonna try for Anaheim. Flights might be super expensive tho :( Maybe Raleigh.

Thanks for the update.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Venting time: Nintendo fanboys are so absurd. Downplaying the importance of online gaming this gen and then turning around and going nuts over Nintendo finally getting a coherent online infrastructure with the Wii U. Same thing with HD graphics.

I'm by no means a Nintendo hater, but damn, GAF's Nintendo Defense Force drives me insane.

Edit : I'd complain in the Wii U thread, but I don't want to troll. So I'll just derail this thread instead. Tangents Evolved. <3

Venting time: Nintendo fanboys are so absurd. Downplaying the importance of online gaming this gen and then turning around and going nuts over Nintendo finally getting a coherent online infrastructure with the Wii U. Same thing with HD graphics.

I'm by no means a Nintendo hater, but damn, GAF's Nintendo Defense Force drives me insane.

That's how it is with all console fanboys, not just ones of Nintendo. Xbox fanboys thought that graphics were everything until the 360 was eclipsed in power by the PS3. By contrast, PlayStation 2 fans claimed that graphics weren't that important compared to gameplay, but the PS3 quickly changed their thinking.

FyreWulff

Edit : I'd complain in the Wii U thread, but I don't want to troll. So I'll just derail this thread instead. Tangents Evolved. <3

I, on the other hand, know that every Nintendo console has been online, and I know why Nintendo does what they do. I honestly don't care, because the Nintendo versions of games don't have the stupid pre-order DLC. As long as I can boot up the game and be online shortly, I don't care if I get poMCGAMERTAG IS ONLINE AND WOULD LIKE FRIENDS TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS.

But I guess people still think the 360 has magic TCP and UDP packets while the Wii and the PS3 don't.

I, on the other hand, know that every Nintendo console has been online, and I know why Nintendo does what they do. I honestly don't care, because the Nintendo versions of games don't have the stupid pre-order DLC. As long as I can boot up the game and be online shortly, I don't care if I get poMCGAMERTAG IS ONLINE AND WOULD LIKE FRIENDS TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS.

But I guess people still think the 360 has magic TCP and UDP packets while the Wii and the PS3 don't.

It's all in the presentation and the functionality. Voice chat is essential, in my opinion. Nobody wants to play with their friends in silence. Only a handful of Nintendo games have supported voice chat, and most of the time you had to use a shitty Kinect-style device, or your DS as a speakerphone (unless you went out and bought a dedicated headset, which they only had for the DS, not the Wii). Nintendo could have supported bluetooth headsets with the Wii, but they didn't.

I too cannot stand Nintendo apologists. It's one thing to try and understand the reasoning behind what they're doing, it's another thing to defend lame choices and decisions adverse to the consumer (Nintendo said online gaming is a fad! I don't play my games online anyway!)

I've been banned many a time from Nintendo forums. They generally don't handle criticism well. I used to be like them, viewing the other consoles with disdain and having a certain sense of superiority towards Nintendo and Nintendo games. Of course, the West has improved substantially in game development over the last 10 years.

Homeboyd

Can't really sit either. I have a cyst near my tail bone (pretty much my ass) so I have to lay on my gut for about 2 weeks before it wont hurt to sit.
Jesus, that sounds horrible.

butt%2Bpillow.jpg

? Or perhaps one that looks like a horseshoe would work better.

I can't imagine laying on my stomach all day and night for 2 weeks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can't really sit either. I have a cyst near my tail bone (pretty much my ass) so I have to lay on my gut for about 2 weeks before it wont hurt to sit.
Damn dude, that sounds tedious as hell. :-(

Do you think you'll be able to lay in bed and game / browse the internet?

Thankfully, hitting Inheritor is something I will never have to worry about.

Dude, I'm dead serious. I still haven't went to sleep yet.

I think your insomnia is probably the result of something else. If you don't care about some aspect of the game, mocking the people that do just makes you look like an ass. I've probably been guilty of this myself...

And you just might hit Inheritor if they carry the ranking system over to Halo 4...although I doubt they'll do that.

Alienups

Hmm, not necessarily

I had exactly the same problem as you a couple of years ago and i had no almost no pain or discomfort after the op despite the surgeon telling me beforehand it would be a hassle.

The only discomforting thing was having to bend over in front of a super cute nurse two times a day for about a month

Naw, just kidding, that was the fun part.

Good luck in any case

Ramirez

I think your insomnia is probably the result of something else. If you don't care about some aspect of the game, mocking the people that do just makes you look like an ass. I've probably been guilty of this myself...

And you just might hit Inheritor if they carry the ranking system over to Halo 4...although I doubt they'll do that.

This is a serious question, being max rank for months now, why do you still care about credits? Is there some sub community who is having a contest to see who can attain the most?

And why would 343 carry over the garbage ranking system from Reach?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The only discomforting thing was having to bend over in front of a super cute nurse two times a day for about a month

Naw, just kidding, that was the fun part.
please tell me you're doing real pic january. i want patrick stewart to join HaloGAF.

i said it in tinychat but i LOVE it. wanted to say thanks again in here.

goodbye emofu, hopefully we won't see you for another 11 months.

Looks like the "h" is in jail. Which is probably where it belongs. It's the letter that brought us hell, hoopla, harm, hrape. It's a bad letter.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This one is super awesome. hahaha
I think it's from the Bungie studio tour on the Halo 2 Limited Edition bonus disc...? I haven't watched that since Halo 2 launched, so I'm not really sure. Damn, I need to find a copy of that and watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom