• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customs is going on tomorrow night regardless.

Awesome! I've been pretty busy the past few Saturdays and haven't made it to customs in a long time.

How about minigame customs the hour before that? I just wanted to bring it up now so we can figure out the map/gametype combinations for the minigames we want to try.

heckfu

Banned
Awesome! I've been pretty busy the past few Saturdays and haven't made it to customs in a long time.

How about minigame customs the hour before that? I just wanted to bring it up now so we can figure out the map/gametype combinations for the minigames we want to try.

I'm in for that fo shoooooooooo.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

I can't see why not. =)

DSC00587.jpg

Here is a chalk drawing I did at a convention a few years ago. I won the Halo 3 tournament at that con cuz I am Ireland's best! [citation needed]

I post this as I was about to use the H as my avatar but wow I sucked at sketching it! I mean, Master Chief was blocking the A on the box art so at least there was an excuse for that... but dat H....

Tashi, did you video that message yet? Also, where can I find the vid for that Boss Nasti malarky?

Too many Hs fuck you guys. Or what's the purpose? First letter of the First name or what? I'm so confused. My live has no purpose anymore!

I'll join customs tomorrow with a friend maybe. But I'm not really sure.

Eh, thats pretty much the same press release we got a few weeks ago, only difference being this one gave a price range. Im excited to see what they have to offer come April though.

Heres a little more info I recieved on the toyline via an email to Re:creation toys-

"Dear Chris

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are launching a range of HALO die cast collectables to coincide with Halo 4. Please note that we did not show actual product prototypes or figures at Toy Fair. We did display some early cardboard mock-ups. We will be communicating more comprehensively on the range later in the year once the exact content is confirmed. The only information that I can share currently with you regarding the range is as follows:

The collectables include true and detailed scale versions of the vehicles and characters, retelling parts of the Halo 4 story. The HALO set will feature a number of ground and flying vehicles including the ever popular Warthog with prices ranging from srp £12.99 to srp £34.99. Each vehicle comes with two posable figures. The range will also feature a unique large scale collectors Warthog vehicle at srp £59.99.The HALO range of die cast collectables will be available in stores from Autumn 2012.
Kind regards
Mary"

So that explains why we never saw pictures, haha. Too bad someone didn't take pics of the cardboard cutouts, but they probably weren't allowed to anyways.

heckfu

Banned
This is the first day in a while HaloGAF didn't blow up over the lunch break. I think either the thread is coming to a halt or we're all dying.

RIP EVERYONE.

Dude. Do you really care about toys? Come on. Why are you doing that?

Eh, they have a contact us for product info email for a reason, besides, I sent then the email back on the 24th. I was honestly curious about two things- If they would be at London Toy Fair and what information could be shared.

Also, a large die cast Warthog sounds kinda awesome tbh. And to clarify, I do own a lot of the McFarlane Halo items, so I do care about future products as well.

Agreed, much prefer statue-esc figures to posable ones.

I really would like to get that some time. I do have the MC vs Flood from Weta which is awesome. I wish they sold better cause I would love more like that.

Speaking of cool stuff, im picking up a 1/5 scale Stan Winston Studious T-rex bust today, fully painted. Its cast off of their actual molds so Im pumped for it.

Last time the latest HaloGaf thread was slow was in the ODST thread literally days before the big leak of Reach. Funny times. Always a joy to read whatever pops out. Old montages, people grasping onto strings, and rampant speculation based on nothing other than previous games.

You're my only hope, Tom Morello.

Karl2177

This is the first day in a while HaloGAF didn't blow up over the lunch break. I think either the thread is coming to a halt or we're all dying.

RIP EVERYONE.

Nah, I've just been looking for more photos that will weird you guys out. There's a major lack of Halo related ones though.

200eccc8.jpg

When you ask that, is it to question his reasons in particular or why anyone would like them?

You're sensible and sane, so I assume the former, but just want to be sure.
I'm asking for the reason. :) I'm just curious why Demon cares that much about because for the most I think the whole story thing was over with denial by David.

Sorry that I sounded rude. Wasn't my intention.

Agreed, much prefer statue-esc figures to posable ones.
Personally I prefer figures like this. I don't really like the McFarlane toys. I want to look at them and say yep they are awesome.

Btw. I pre-ordered the Metroid figures today. So excited :)

Booshka

re: credits

I have like 5 or 6 million in the bank. Why can't I donate this shit. I want to give it to poor obese children like Juices so he can reach for the stars.

343i needs to go Dark Souls with credits, if you go negative in one game, you lose all of your credits, the only way to get them back is to go positive in the next game, if you go even or negative, they are gone forever.

I'm asking for the reason. :) I'm just curious why Demon cares that much about because for the most I think the whole story thing was over with denial by David.

Sorry that I sounded rude. Wasn't my intention.

Yeah no worries, I figured as much. Like I said, I ended up sending that email back on the 24th, but just now got the reply, and figured I would share for those of us who were looking for something to collect. Im actually pretty excited to see what they have to offer, and not just because of it being Halo 4 related, but as I am hoping they will be nice products.

Speaking of collectables, I also want this-

bananas

Banned
DSC00587.jpg

Here is a chalk drawing I did at a convention a few years ago. I won the Halo 3 tournament at that con cuz I am Ireland's best! [citation needed]

Did they change the Halo logo because the peeps at 343 couldn't draw the old Halo logo? If so, they should've hired you. Senior Franchise VP of Logo Drawing

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
re: credits

I have like 5 or 6 million in the bank. Why can't I donate this shit. I want to give it to poor obese children like Juices so he can reach for the stars.
I would go about donating randoms 10,000 each making them jump up the early Ranks.

Played seven games of Team Snipers earlier by myself. Lost six. Ever seen 'My Left Foot'? Yea, they were filming the sequel whilst playing on my team. Every game I was up against at least two kids who were playing like a hundred grand was on the line. Kids on my team had hands like Jeremy Beadle.

This was the last game

Jeremybeadlehands.jpg

If this was another product, you'd take it back for repairs.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait... Are you saying they were filming machinima in matchmaking?

Homeboyd

Played seven games of Team Snipers earlier by myself. Lost six. Ever seen 'My Left Foot'? Yea, they were filming the sequel whilst playing on my team. Every game I was up against at least two kids who were playing like a hundred grand was on the line. Kids on my team had hands like Jeremy Beadle.
Holy shit

:lol

hmmmmm curious halo gaf, does halo anniversary edition have any kind of code for online?

or are all the maps included?

Both. You can play the anniversary maps in mm directly from the CEA disc or you can play them from the Reach disc (if you own it) by redeeming a code which comes in the box.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
https://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/163011176614207489

Sundance said:
No halo and no CoD updates other than the Xbox 360 bit earlier. It's not just up to me. MSFT and Activision / IW need to give us answers.

Here's the 360 bit earlier he mentioned

https://twitter.com/#!/MLGSundance/status/162896961035444225

Sundance said:
Jeeebus. If we run CoD at events IT will not be on PS3. It will be Xbox. IF. PS3 will be fighting games and exhibitions.

Where did I hear MS is trying to get CoD on 360 for MLG rather than Halo? I guess PS3 is out of the loop now unless they pick up a fighting game. I'm not sure Capcom would listen but I could see something like Tekken or Soul Calibur 5 on there again. I honestly think that would be a disappointment. I think we all know the kings of fighting games right now are MvC3, SFIV, and soon to be SFxT. Those will be PS3.

Anyway, apparently it's up to MS to allow Halo to be up on there? WTF. How is that not a no brainer for Microsoft? Halo has been on the MLG circuit for years now, why stop now if MLG is trying to make it happen?(which is sounds like they're trying to do) Are they trying to sever ties with Bungie completely and want to represent Halo 4 in a completely new light? I'm not sure what they're thinking. I understand MLG in the grand scheme of Halo is just a small part. I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. I don't want to go all the way off the ledge and start lashing out against Microsoft. I'm just passionate about MLG because without it, I don't know how much Halo I would have been playing throughout the years tbh.

I'm a little sad that Halo 4 is launching on the 360. It's going to be beautiful and fun (and it'll come out this year, which is a plus), but having a launch-title Halo again would make my head spin and my wallet light.

wwm0nkey

I'm a little sad that Halo 4 is launching on the 360. It's going to be beautiful and fun (and it'll come out this year, which is a plus), but having a launch-title Halo again would make my head spin and my wallet light.

With dev kits just now going out I dont think we would see a huge difference between the 360 version and the Infinity version besides 1080p and maybe 60FPS but due to it being a new console the 60FPS is questionable.

heckfu

Banned

just keep in mind the last halo title that launched right before a console upgrade...best MM experience to date.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Indeed. I'd happily plunk down the dollars.

Ramirez

lol as if cod is dbag free

specs?

I went with the XPS in the end.

-i7 3.4 GHZ 2600K processor
-Radeon 6770 card
-16 GB RAM

Eazy seemed to think it would do me good for a while, so I'm happy. The thing makes no noise, crazy coming from my old Alienware that sounded like a jet engine no matter what I was doing.

As for the MM experience being great with Halo 2, the MM in it was just as bad if not worse for a good portion of its life. SMG starts on BTB? OK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom