• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Oh MLG, just have the balls to cut Reach loose and take the wrath of the community and stop trying to pin it on MS by asking for some crazy sponsorship they're likely to refuse.

CyReN

Would they really? They would get called out instantly. Also, why couldn't they get SF last season? Remember that whole petition thing? Sounded like they needed Capcom's blessing. Maybe MLG has a special relationship with MS or just Halo more specifically where they always have the green light to put it on the circuit? Not sure. I don't like being in the dark about this though.

And Homeboyd, I'll be posting it here before I throw it on Facebook for contest.

edit: Verdict on what Cyren?

Controller.

edit: wait you have it right?

So whats the verdict on it yet?

Personally played about 5 games now, sticks are different (not bad just different), feels comfortable, buttons are nice and responsive.

Dude, I'm still getting used to mine and I went down a sensitivity.

Would they really? They would get called out instantly. Also, why couldn't they get SF last season? Remember that whole petition thing? Sounded like they needed Capcom's blessing. Maybe MLG has a special relationship with MS or just Halo more specifically where they always have the green light to put it on the circuit? Not sure. I don't like being in the dark about this though.

And Homeboyd, I'll be posting it here before I throw it on Facebook for contest.

edit: Verdict on what Cyren?

They could be waiting on one of the games to announce them all at once. They would rush the starcraft announcement and leave all the games in the dust...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dude, I'm still getting used to mine and I went down a sensitivity.

They could be waiting on one of the games to announce them all at once. They would rush the starcraft announcement and leave all the games in the dust...

Apparently everyone is dropping their sensitivity.

That could be but at this point they've announced 3 things.

1. "Fighters" will be on the circuit

2. Someone emailed Sundance asking for more time for Halo and/or MW3

3. No Gears for Columbus but not ruled out for later in the season.

edit: Also, for that controller video should I show that one clip of me getting wrecked or build a montage filled with my complete fails? Voice over asking for controller would be over both videos.

CyReN

Apparently everyone is dropping their sensitivity.

That could be but at this point they've announced 3 things.

1. "Fighters" will be on the circuit

2. Someone emailed Sundance asking for more time for Halo and/or MW3

3. No Gears for Columbus but not ruled out for later in the season.

edit: Also, for that controller video should I show that one clip of me getting wrecked or build a montage filled with my complete fails? Voice over asking for controller would be over both videos.

WMCui.jpg

Tashi

Lol wow, put Frankie on the spot like that huh?

I just wish this could all be cleared up.

Edit: Internal MS struggle? Halo vs CoD? Makes me wonder about the future of CoD and MS. Shit is fishy.

CyReN

Lol wow, put Frankie on the spot like that huh?

I just wish this could all be cleared up.

Nah I don't mean it like that. Just he replied awfully quickly. Last thing I want to do is delay anything Halo 4 with this stuff, it's probably MS and MLG if anything too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wait, wait. So MLG charges for sponsorship if they decide to choose to a run a game on their circuit. So say they run COD, they would expect Acti to pay them a sponsorship fee? Then if the publisher refuses or whatever, they place the blame on the publisher?

Is this right?

kylej

Banned
Wait, wait. So MLG charges for sponsorship if they decide to choose to a run a game on their circuit. So say they run COD, they would expect Acti to pay them a sponsorship fee? Then if the publisher refuses or whatever, they place the blame on the publisher?

Is this right?

... what? Sponsors as in companies that pay to advertise. Reach is dead, and if companies feel their products would grace more eyes on a COD or BF3 or whatever stream, then MLG is going to run with that game. It's not falling back on Microsoft.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
... what? Sponsors as in companies that pay to advertise. Reach is dead, and if companies feel their products would grace more eyes on a COD or BF3 or whatever stream, then MLG is going to run with that game. It's not falling back on Microsoft.

Ah, right. So why was Microsoft being blamed for the delay in announcing the games lineup?

Tashi

Agreed Cyren, I don't think this has much to do with 343 unless it's the top dogs. Frankie?

Dani, I think it's more of, "let's work together to get game X on the Circuit" and I guess sponsorship money is involved.

Sundance

Neo Member
In the past we've had no problem getting sponsors and partners excited about the featured games we ran on the circuit. This year however people are taking a longer look at last years title performance on a case by case basis. Meaning everyone wants to be associated with the title they see the most potential around. Unfortunately that has left us scrambling to find the resources to run a full line up.

We're working around the clock to try and find support for the games we think need to be on the circuit but time isn't on our side.

CyReN

The reason CoD was on PS3 is because Sony paid them. So sponsorships are HUGE for games on the circuit. Now in no way am I saying the other Halo titles, Reach, CoD are bad because the sponsors are on there. I <3 them all. I believe MLG and Sundance are doing their best to get it on.

edit: Yea that's the real Sundance.

Sundance

Neo Member

Is this right?

Some publishers pay prizemoney, some platforms pay for exposure, some brands pay to be associated. It depends on the activation and is case by case.

The Halo delay has nothing to do with any one company - it's a sequence of challenges that we're faced with. In short - we're working on solving it but it's taking longer than we had hoped.

Some publishers pay prizemoney, some platforms pay for exposure, some brands pay to be associated. It depends on the activation and is case by case.

The Halo delay has nothing to do with any one company - it's a sequence of challenges that we're faced with. In short - we're working on solving it but it's taking longer than we had hoped.

Really nice to see community outreach like this. Awesome stuff.

Tashi

In the past we've had no problem getting sponsors and partners excited about the featured games we ran on the circuit. This year however people are taking a longer look at last years title performance on a case by case basis. Meaning everyone wants to be associated with the title they see the most potential around. Unfortunately that has left us scrambling to find the resources to run a full line up.

We're working around the clock to try and find support for the games we think need to be n the circuit but time isn't on our side.

It's so crazy. It's like the competitive Halo community has had the rug pulled from under it and is now scrambling to actually build itself. And I'm not saying that's anyone fault but the community themselves. Well, I'm part of that community so I'll say ourselves.

We thought we were MLG when in fact, we just just spoiled the whole time. As much as it would suck, it might be a good thing for this community going forward to Halo 4.

edit: Also, Sundance, don't know how much knowledge you feel like dropping tonight but this thread does exist lol http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461597

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Thanks for the (unexpected) clarification.

We're working around the clock to try and find support for the games we think need to be on the circuit but time isn't on our side.

Nice to see the speedy and unexpected response. This makes a lot more sense now.

kylej

Banned
haha what. someone questions Halo and MLG and all of a sudden Sundance is now posting at HaloGAF

this place is weird as shit

Tashi

tn2_mr_deeds_2.jpg

Very sneaky

Hey what kind of event is this MS event at the end of February? Open to public? Do we have any HaloGAF members in SF?

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
haha what. someone questions Halo and MLG and all of a sudden Sundance is now posting at HaloGAF

this place is weird as shit

Seriously. I'm always surprised how many people involved with and surrounding Halo post here, especially given how relatively small halogaf is.

Big E33

Neo Member
As a long time halo fan i just have to give big props to sunny D for coming on here and posting and being so transparent through gaf and through twitter about this whole thing

I love halo and I hope it stays on the circuit but I can think of a whole bunch of reasons and companies I would blame before placing any of it on MLG

As a long time halo fan i just have to give big props to sunny D for coming on here and posting and being so transparent through gaf and through twitter about this whole thing

I love halo and I hope it stays on the circuit but I can think of a whole bunch of reasons and companies I would blame before placing any of it on MLG

NOW E3 IS HERE TOO?!?!?!

heckfu

Banned
"Hi this is Naomi Kyle, you guys like Halo? Well we have the first scoop on Halo 4. According to Fronk O'Canner of 747 Industries, it will have guns and explosions and more. Stay tuned to IGN.com"

This got a solid lol from me. A big hearty Heckfu laugh.

What the fuck is up with broken Evade being on the MLG Reach playlist??
Welcome.

You know everything in the playlist was designed around bloom and sprint being in the game types right? They needed to get zero bloom implemented as soon as possible because of community backlash.
Besides, Sundance doesn't really do the gametypes, thats Killa KC

Thanks for all the hard work, obviously you have a passion to make your customers happy!

Maybe they're trying to get Microsoft to sponsor them with DLC codes? I haven't been following any of this, but if they do want new maps in MLG, it'd cost a pretty penny (up to $35 a box).

Big E33

Neo Member
You know everything in the playlist was designed around bloom and sprint being in the game types right? They needed to get zero bloom implemented as soon as possible because of community backlash.
Besides, Sundance doesn't really do the gametypes, thats Killa KC

That and at least with bungie, it took them weeks to implement the settings even after they got them from KC

Heres to 343 either making it easier for them to change the playlists or kicking whoever does the updating in the ass when they dont do it quickly

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I <3 you

Might be a silly question but I don't think I've heard it until now. Do these controllers have rumble? Specifically the 360 one?

Edit: just saw your post in the MLG controller gaming side thread. That's GREAT news! Thanks

The 360 one does, PS3 one does not!

Tashi

This got a solid lol from me. A big hearty Heckfu laugh.

I just pictured you stroking your beard, chuckling while swirling whine in a glass. Perhaps a pipe in hand. Leather bound book folded on your lap. How close am I? lolz

Maybe they're trying to get Microsoft to sponsor them with DLC codes? I haven't been following any of this, but if they do want new maps in MLG, it'd cost a pretty penny (up to $35 a box).

I don't buy that. That's like a couple thousand dollars if you're 35$ card is accurate.

edit: Thanks MarkMan <3

edit2: Hydranockz - lol so true

Tunavi

Banned
HaloGAF is getting all these important people, and all we do is talk about is KFC with Frankie trolling us on the side.

FyreWulff

That and at least with bungie, it took them weeks to implement the settings even after they got them from KC

Heres to 343 either making it easier for them to change the playlists or kicking whoever does the updating in the ass when they dont do it quickly

Not Bungie's fault that they updated their settings out of cycle with Bungie's update process. 343 still follows the same timing and pace that Bungie did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom