• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

REV 09 said:
Awesome, informative OP. i haven't been following Reach as closely as other Halo titles prior release. General thoughts:

Chopper :(...seriously, this was one of the best vehicles to ever be added to a halo game.
MP maps :(...if we have Forge world, then 5 of the base maps don't need to be from Forge world and most of them are remakes at that, which the community would have created anyways within a week of release.
Revenant :(...uhhh, get to the REV. I got REV. All aboard REV!!! Bungie should have consulted with me before choosing that name :lol .

I know, rite? And they even changed the shotgun lights from green to red. Omg.

Hypertrooper said:
I have thought about this since the announcement of the firefight customization. I cant wait to check out all the ff-modes that HaloGAF will create. But maybe we should do a weekly firefight competition? Every week we will choose a new mode and everyone can try to get the most points on this mode. At the end of the week there will be a ranking. But Maybe its just a stupid idea...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing for the past week. I even developed a rules list and spreadsheet for player rosters, etc. I was keeping quiet on the subject because I wasn't sure on the customization details on FF customs. If you want, I can share my ideas with you on it? though you summed it up nicely.

Hey guys, just downloaded the noble 6 helmet but idk where to find it to put it on my avatar. im on the customize avatar menu but idk where to look.

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it in the "Dress Up" section.. it shouldve been in the Headwear section though...

Gui_PT

dilatedmuscle said:
Hey guys, just downloaded the noble 6 helmet but idk where to find it to put it on my avatar. im on the customize avatar menu but idk where to look.

Go to My Style ---> Dressup

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
Even if you find a proper render of the Spiker, don't use it. I want it to remain as that throwaway remark in the OP. Honestly, who give a damn about a Spiker????
Yeah, I think I'll do that.

I had actually intended to make a joke with the enemies section as well. I was going to use one big image of the Moa, describing it as this deadly native creature that we're battling. Oh, and then the Covenant show up. But I couldn't find a picture of the darn thing.

X-Frame said:
When that happens are you going to C&P what you have in the OP's into the new ones?
Yup, I synced up with Evilore and will be starting the new threads.

Monocle said:
Ghaleon: Check your PMs!
Thank you, good sir. I appreciate your helping me to keep them from fester any longer (though I'll be fixing the alignment issues tonight, I didn't have time to address them before I posted or this morning).

Butane123

dilatedmuscle said:
Its under the "dress up" area when you are changing clothes.

Edit: beaten. D:

REV 09 said:
MP maps :(...if we have Forge world, then 5 of the base maps don't need to be from Forge world and most of them are remakes at that, which the community would have created anyways within a week of release.
What? Reflection is the only remake made from something other than Forgeworld. The 'remakes' made from Forgeworld are not counted as traditional MP maps. The 'base' count is still quite large and the built in variants larely serve as day 1 playlist hoppers that will give the players added variety. Hardly a bad thing.. but I fear as if I may have misunderstood.

JMizzlin

I have so much to do before I get to play Reach :(

1) Arrive home from midnight launch; unbox Reach edition 360, Legendary edition.
2) Transfer rights from old console to new. Transfer data from old console to new.
3) Install game.
4) Download pre-order bonuses (before the rest of the world congests the server the next day).
5) Configure settings.
6) Game on.

Doesn't seem like it's been three years since Halo 3 release.

Kinda disappointed that I can't be excited (and may be disappointed again) about story because I know ending. And instead of tons of features, I'd rather have longer SP campaign.

I wish games were released on Friday in US. Just noticed, thread title is missing ":" in "Halo Reach".

NJ Shlice

There are Halo: Reach keychains flying around in the mist. One is a carabiner (climbing hook) style and one is green/metal.

If anyone sees these or knows where I can buy them from please let me know. I will pay handsomely for them. And I will pay for you to ship them to me.

Please PM me

Thanks!

Shake Appeal said:
Ireland isn't a part of the UK, Dax! Controversial political geography fail!
lol. Your silly Irish-English political history doesn't concern me!
Dax01 said:
Dani, Zeouterlimits, Chinner, Arnie, Hypertrooper (I think), are all from the UK/Ireland too.
It's why I included "UK/Ireland" to avoid this kind of thing.
^^Not an actual spoiler.

ACE 1991

Eye Drop said:
I have so much to do before I get to play Reach :(

1) Arrive home from midnight launch; unbox Reach edition 360, Legendary edition.
2) Transfer rights from old console to new. Transfer data from old console to new.
3) Install game.
4) Download pre-order bonuses (before the rest of the world congests the server the next day).
5) Configure settings.
6) Game on.

I hope you can manage to endure that shiny new console :lol

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I was thinking the EXACT same thing for the past week. I even developed a rules list and spreadsheet for player rosters, etc. I was keeping quiet on the subject because I wasn't sure on the customization details on FF customs. If you want, I can share my ideas with you on it? though you summed it up nicely.
Send me a pm.

Arnie

Jedeye Sniv said:
Speaking of which, can anyone confirm for me the price Game (UK) are charging for it? I've pre-ordered but that was way back before the pricing was announced, and I've not kept up with it.
£39.99, £54.99 and £94.99 for each edition I believe. I've ordered the Limited from GAME in the hope that it may get delivered on the Monday. If not then I'll be waiting by the door all morning on the 14th. If you need any UK/Irish Gaffers on your FL Dax put together a pretty thorough list, feel free to add me.

Speaking of, does anyone know when the Gaf Reach tag is being created? I know Fin made the last one.

Dax01 said:
lol. Your silly Irish-English political history doesn't concern me!

It's why I included "UK/Ireland" to avoid this kind of thing.
^^Not an actual spoiler.
Imagine if you were so lax about Cardassian-Bajoran relations!!

I wish i would get the legendary edition from Amazon.co.uk on the 14 September but this will never happen. So I'll come home on the 14 September and will open my Xbox 360 Halo Reach slim. Then i'll start the game and play some rounds firefight. I want really start the campaign with the english VO.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Arnie said:
£39.99, £54.99 and £94.99 for each edition I believe. I've ordered the Limited from GAME in the hope that it may get delivered on the Monday. If not then I'll be waiting by the door all morning on the 14th. If you need any UK/Irish Gaffers on your FL Dax put together a pretty thorough list, feel free to add me.

Speaking of, does anyone know when the Gaf Reach tag is being created? I know Fin made the last one.

£95? Fucking bonus! I thought it was going to be more like £120, I'll be fine now, phew!

The biggest crime about this is that it's my fiancee's birthday on Thursday this week, and I've had to scrimp and save to get her pressies and take her out. I feel like a total douche buying myself a game/toy a week after for twice what I've spent on her. I've rationalised it by saying that I bought her a £500 ring earlier this year but still... :lol

When I get home I'll definitely be adding folks, I need to pad out my numbers a bit with people who like rather than hate Halo.

Awesome OT but
GhaleonEB said:
Updates

09/07 | A free Reach premium theme is up on Marketplace.
isn't free any more. =(

Can't wait for this game, unfortunately I'm out of town all next week. =( =( =(

derFeef

Shake Appeal said:
:lol Great comparison.
Many Germans actually here, but have not seen a single Austrian Halo player at GAF (and in real life).

Merguson

Banned
Great work, Ghal and Modus. You guys did a fantastic job with the OT, it's not overdone and quite easy to read. Good job you two.

7 days until Reach falls!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Shake Appeal said:

:lol :lol :lol

Now there's a comparison I never thought I'd hear. Even worse it means that O'Brien would be including me under the "Bloody Cardies" side :(

Hixx

Neuromancer said:
Awesome OT but

isn't free any more. =(

Can't wait for this game, unfortunately I'm out of town all next week. =( =( =(

Don't think it was ever free mate.

Monocle

Something I don't understand from the most recent Bungie Weekly Update: If I earn some credits before connecting online with Reach for the first time, will those credits get wiped when I do connect? Or is it just my armory purchases that will be reset?

I won't be affected either way, but a friend of mine may not be able to go online before he's played through the campaign.

Gui_PT

Monocle said:
Something I don't understand from the most recent Bungie Weekly Update: If I earn some credits before connecting online with Reach for the first time, will those credits get wiped when I do connect? Or is it just my armory purchases that will be reset?

I won't be affected either way, but a friend of mine may not be able to go online before he's played through the campaign.

I believe everything will be reset. Armor pieces and all.

Edit:
BWU said:
In addition, any Credits you earn during this slim pre-Launch window are going to be summarily and systematically reset prior to launch. Don’t get too attached to any fancy new gear you might have already acquired. Consider any expenditures or investments you’ve made in the Armory the cost of doing business early. It’s nothing personal; we just want to make sure the playing field is kept nice and level upon launch. It's only fair.

WJD

Went to my local game store today and they said there's a possibility of picking it up Friday/Saturday.

Awesome.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
It's nice to have a new home.

OP looks great, now I just have to figure out if any local Gamestops will have extra limited or legendary editions since I didn't pre-order before they closed pre-orders. (Trying to use up store credit.)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
did the extended live action video get released yesterday?

I was in a Target yesterday and they had just a wall of Halo Reach toys. It reminds me of when a big Hollywood comes out and they have a full toy line day one. I guess this action figure line is one of Halo Reach's big marketing pole, much like Halo 3's Mountain Dew Game Fuel.

Gui_PT said:
I believe everything will be reset. Armor pieces and all.

I didn't think it was reset, but the amount of credits you've saved get's dialed back heavily.

IE, say it's a 10x bonus for playing offline, so when you hop online, your credits are zapped by a multiple of 10, and you'll have to rebuy any stuff that you can still afford.

Similarly, if you play before the release date, all credits are set to zero on release once you hop online.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Chip N Chance said:
I was in a Target yesterday and they had just a wall of Halo Reach toys. It reminds me of when a big Hollywood comes out and they have a full toy line day one. I guess this action figure line is one of Halo Reach's big marketing pole, much like Halo 3's Mountain Dew Game Fuel.

I think the game is advertising the toys rather than vice versa. Although have you seen that Warthog?? OMG, so tempting...

Gui_PT

electricpirate said:
I didn't think it was reset, but the amount of credits you've saved get's dialed back heavily.

IE, say it's a 10x bonus for playing offline, so when you hop online, your credits are zapped by a multiple of 10, and you'll have to rebuy any stuff that you can still afford.

Similarly, if you play before the release date, all credits are set to zero on release once you hop online.

Go read my post, I edited with a quote from the BWU

Shurs said:
Install it.
1. Carefully rip off wrapping/clear case-tape, avoiding damage
2. Smell everything
3. Insert and Install Disc to HDD
4. Flip through/smell Manual and inserts during install
5. Ogle the preorder codes and Day-1 DLC Codes during install as I realize I gladly spent $150 just for them :3
6. ????
7. Profit??
Hell yes, as install is done; booting up Reach son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom