• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siphorus

Add me if you guys want to play. Use to play a ton of halo 2 and 3 competitively.
GT: Siphorus

Im trying to rank up quickly so I'll be playing competitively again.

biRdy

Can't wait!
GT: birdy x loco
Mountain Time
Add me if you need an extra player!
I'll be playing every Halo
Even Halo 4, Plz dont hurt me

I have but a single question about MCC:

Can you still Alert Carry?

(That means putting the gun down, Machinima style, for those who don't know)

Can't wait!
GT: birdy x loco
Mountain Time
Add me if you need an extra player!
I'll be playing every Halo
Even Halo 4, Plz dont hurt me

i just want to see Halo 4 graphics, i dont mind the MP though it's not the best but i still liked pwning in it, also Ricochet was legit.

A bit confused on how these playlists work. If I only want to play the big team battle, can I pick which game I want to play it in, or is it a rotation of different games with their maps and you vote on them?

Snackawho

I can't wait to finally be able to play halo 2 and halo 1 online. Never had the chance to do that before. Also looking forward to relive the halo 3 nostalgia

Head.spawn

Completely lost my shit @ "Shiny Metallic Purple Armor". LoL
Awesome job OP

tumblr_mgfyjig2wx1qax6eqo1_400.gif

One of my friends waited till now to try to purchase the digital version. Xbox Live seems to be having issues with purchases and stuff...

Anybody with the same problem or heard something related to it?

dwells

Stinkles pliss. Any timeframe on when we'll hear more about this? :[

Good luck. Last time I asked Frankie about it and if they were revamping the notched, my question was deemed "unintentionally hilarious." He said we'd get details prior to launch, but I don't even think we've gotten an official admission that it is in fact the Halo PC version that they ported.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any real details or a real fix.

God that lag looks unplayable.

Yeah, it looks very similar to Halo PC, which wasn't particularly useful for any sort of real competitive play. There's a certain level of compensation you can do with leading your shots and everything, but it's really a different game from Halo CE on Xbox LAN.

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to H2 Classic mostly. Amusing though how whenever I voiced concerns regarding the notched and the lack of information regarding the port, so many people were quick to accuse me of just being salty.

Is there a built in clan system for all the games like Halo 2?

There's a clan something, but "system" might be overselling it. Seems to be about setting a clan tag and emblem.

Halo 5 might have a more fleshed out clan system, though, judging by a post Kampfheld made over on the community OT.

Xamdou

There's a clan something, but "system" might be overselling it. Seems to be about setting a clan tag and emblem.

Halo 5 might have a more fleshed out clan system, though, judging by a post Kampfheld made over on the community OT.

So not even Halo 2 itself will have the awesome built in clan system it had before?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Was in middle of a mission and my Xbox just restarted. Hope all these crashes are fixed soon. But man I am having blast.

And my save doesnt work. Its stuck on that Arbiter mission. I am way past that mission and when I click resume it still loads that mission

A bit confused on how these playlists work. If I only want to play the big team battle, can I pick which game I want to play it in, or is it a rotation of different games with their maps and you vote on them?

It sets up a vote for different maps in different games.

geeko

God damn my internet is slow. I started downloading the MCC on Friday morning, and I have just now hit 90%. That's about a gigabyte per hour. Thank goodness I don't have a data cap. I am so nearly ready for this.

dwells

Been out the loop but these are the servers we can expect to play on? Or are the dedicated servers going live tomorrow?

It was a custom game, and custom games run on normal peer hosting. However, the lag in that video stems from flawed netcode more than anything.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
lets rewatch red vs blue from the beginning.
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?s=1&sid=rvb&v=more

It just blows me away that RoosterTeeth exists because of Halo.

-------

GT list has been updated with all the tags that were PM'd to me. If you didn't PM me your tag, it's not on the list.

AKA, send me your tag if you want to be on the list. Don't just leave it here where I won't see it.

Mix should have the updated list in the OP sometime soon.
Also, if you see any spelling or timezone mistakes let me know so I can correct it.

Bet you wish this collection had Reach and ODST huh?

I do :(

tmac456

concerned about the net code comments and the playlist stuff

me and my friends are mainly buying this for halo 1 online. so there's no halo 1 matchmaking playlist?

Couldn't be more excited to jump right into the campaign, these games were such a large part of my childhood.

My thoughts exactly. I'm looking for a battle bud if anyone is game. Someone to coop through on Hard(not legendary yet) through the games and have fun. Hoping someone out there with a mic and over the age of 25. Will be streaming and uploading to YouTube with dedicated hardware(capture card) if anyone would like to join in. Send a PM to Krappadizzle if that sounds like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom