• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

So when the CE playlist launches, there will only be a 2v2 one? What about 4v4 and Objectives?

EDIT:
4v4 Objectives were great..

The original playlist was going to be 4v4, but I guess a shit ton of CE diehards and fans said they'd have preferred 2v2 instead, so that's what they're doing. Who knows for the future though. Heck, even 1v1 would be great for CE. Don't envy the guys in charge of playlist management though.

That really sucks about CE. They should have just left it out if they weren't going to treat it with the respect it deserves. It's probably pretty crazy to think they're going to significantly clean up that netcode... in either MP or campaign.

ohlawd

that OP is not mobile friendly >_>

very excited for this. really good chance this is getting delivered to me tomorrow.

rokkerkory

That really sucks about CE. They should have just left it out if they weren't going to treat it with the respect it deserves. It's probably pretty crazy to think they're going to significantly clean up that netcode... in either MP or campaign.

Leave it out? I'd rather have it in there but 80% there with 20% left to work on that 0%.

Mesonak

Are you kidding me? The entire reason why there isn't a dedicated playlist at launch is so they can give it the respect it deserves. It's unfortunate we have to wait a little while but I much prefer that to a shoddy playlist being put forth initially.

Loving the Sunset Overdrive bundle I got, but in reality, this is what I bought the system for. Can't wait to revisit Halo 1-3, and finally play Halo 4 for the first time (I had sold my 360 before it was released).

8 hours to go precious.

61556945-Full.jpg

Mask

Should hopefully get this tomorrow. Shopto dispatched on Saturday, and they've always shown up the next day, so..

Am I the only one just getting this for the single player? Is that weird? I never played the online multi on the originals because, I'm not a massive fan of MP, mostly just played local multiplayer to jump warthogs over stuff, and I get this weird "fast heartbeat" thing whenever I play online games, never sure when to talk on the mic either due to my social anxiety thing.

Still looking forward to playing through all these again! Only ever played a fair bit of the first game and a few levels of the second, so most of this will be new to me.

Madness

Get my copy at 9pm, then have to go through the trouble of installing the game and downloading the patch from the servers which will most likely be under strain. Don't know if I'll be able to get a game in before sleeping.

To top it off, my copy comes with bilingual French junk on it, going to try and see if I can download the US artwork somewhere, go get it printed on some quality paper somewhere. At least I get a FR4ME case in addition. I wonder what kind of shirts the MS Store is giving. I'd have loved to get one of those canteens, shirts, and swag.

Spineker

Banned
Sadly I won't be able to join you this time, brothers. Microsoft really haven't given me a good reason to buy an Xbone and even my beloved Halo isn't going to cut the mustard.

So if you're getting the physical version, you can only download the patch after the game releases? That sucks. :( And that means no MP until the patch is downloaded?

Kadin

Should hopefully get this tomorrow. Shopto dispatched on Saturday, and they've always shown up the next day, so..

Am I the only one just getting this for the single player? Is that weird? I never played the online multi on the originals because, I'm not a massive fan of MP, mostly just played local multiplayer to jump warthogs over stuff, and I get this weird "fast heartbeat" thing whenever I play online games, never sure when to talk on the mic either due to my social anxiety thing.

Still looking forward to playing through all these again! Only ever played a fair bit of the first game and a few levels of the second, so most of this will be new to me.
A friend and I will be playing through all 4 solo campaigns first before we jump into MP. I'm not a huge fan myself simply because I'm very, very bad at them. I really plan to give this a better chance though as I really want a long term game here. I really have nowhere to go but up with my skills so I have faith.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Man this blows. Ive waiting 40+ minutes for a game. Found 6 people, one of them was apparently from 343i. Was stuck in search mode for 20 minutes and he left.

I tried inviting a friend to my group and it kept failing.

All aboard the hype train! Toot toot!

lsaskj.gif

Can't wait, picked up an Xbox One primarily for this. I'll have to party up with some of you GAFfers, as most of my friends are on PS4/not mega-Halo fans.

Daigoro

early OT? or because NZ? anyways cool.

all preloaded and ready to go on my XBONE! it hurt to see friends playing early over the weekend, but im off from Tuesday until Sunday this week.

Halo Week y'all.

Kssio_Aug

Gamertag: CassioAug
Those who want to co-op can try playing with me. Am not sure how my connection and its route problem will handle it though. Will discover it tomorrow.

what are you guys gonna play first?

Halo 1 to 4, in order. For the 1st time, all of them.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Winter Storm Astro is rolling in heavy.

So glad I went digital.

FU elements!!!

Madness

SWAT. Just to get accustomed to the new 60FPS, get used to the controller, click/zoom, and try and see how landing headshots is. I've only played Halo 4 sporadically on Xbox 360 recently so I'm going to be rusty as hell.

Once everything feels good, I'll probably try out H2A while also playing Halo 2 and Halo 3. I've been dying to have a 4v4 on Midship or have an 8v8 with brute choppers on Sandtrap etc. Just so many options.

I haven't played a Halo campaign, so I was GOING to go in order

Halo 1 Campaign
Halo 1 Playlist
Halo 2 Campaign
Halo 2/A Playlist
Halo 3 Campaign
Halo 3 Playlist
Halo 4 Campaign
Halo 4 Playlist

Obviously the lack of Halo 1 playlist at launch kinda ruins that plan

Status