• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 |OT| Nov. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Man, the Blu-Ray exclusives for this are dumb

I went to best buy and they had TWO exclusives, one with a bonus disc, and one with a special making of book about the Three Brothers sequence. Also, each had a special slipcover art.

I ended up buying the one with the book, but still, would it have been so hard to just pack everything into one?

Medalion

Banned
Dead said:
Man, the exclusives for this are dumb

I went to best buy and they had TWO exclusives, one with a bonus disc, and one with a special making of book about the Three Brothers sequence. Also, each had a special slipcover art.

I ended up buying the one with the book, but still, would it have been so hard to just pack everything into one?
Indeed, the extras were piss poor.

I think there was some editing done to the home release version of the movie... some scenes were made shorter. In particular I seem to recall during the battle with Ron and the Horcrux the sequence with Harry and Hermione getting it on, was much more drawn out in the theatres... more than it needed to be, while watching this blu-ray last night, that sequence was like maybe 1/4 the length it was in theatres.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else caught it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I recently saw this movie and enjoyed it a lot. It's probably my favorite HP movie by far. Everything was done perfectly IMO and I'm glad they forced it into two parts as I felt that if it was just one movie, a lot of scenes would have been left out. Definitely a good flick.

Kozak

Banned
DrForester said:
Harry and Petunia Deleted Scene

Wonder if they filmed a scene with Dudly as well. Really wish the "Ultimate Collections" were extended editions beyond just the first two.

Such a stupid decision to delete that scene and not even include the Dudley scene. The Dursleys just get cut off and people who don't read the books will just consider them assholes who hated Harry.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was also puzzled why they didn't show the scenes of the Dursleys. That was one of the highlights to me from the book. I was kind of waiting for it, but it never appeared. Weird decision to not show it.

Dead

well not really...yet
So I finally watched this on blu-ray, and man Its so damn beautiful, the cinematography is really really wonderful...

...but ultimately I didn't think the movie stood on its own as a satisfying narrative at all. If anything I found that a good chunk could have probably been excised altogether (this is coming from someone who didnt read the book), and perhaps a 3+ hour film might have been a better choice.

Anyways, whats done is done. I think I probably like the HBP (probably my favorite of the series) better, but theres no denying how beautiful this film looks, the landscapes are tremendous, as is the mood and atmosphere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kozak said:
Such a stupid decision to delete that scene and not even include the Dudley scene. The Dursleys just get cut off and people who don't read the books will just consider them assholes who hated Harry.
They ARE assholes who hated Harry.

Just because Dudley turned out to be not such a gigantic dick doesn't mean his parents weren't just douchebags to the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom