• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Is there a way to transfer my PS3 save or am I essentially starting over?

In the JP version there was a transfer tool that synchronized unlock state between the two; it was a separate app on Vita but built in to the PS3 game. The NA PS3 version is missing that portion of the menu however, and a quick search doesn't bring up the transfer tool NA side. I don't want to rule out the transfer tool never arriving here, but I think if anything a patch to re-add the missing portion on the PS3 end would have to come first.

timing is feels weird...

and clicky vita buttons seem not great for this type of game. thumbs were sore halfway through a song on normal

I personally feel the timing is a little late. I'm more comfortable with the PS3 version's timing, but I vastly prefer the controls on Vita. The button feedback makes the game for me. I don't get tired at all playing on it also; perhaps try not using as much force to press the buttons?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I saw no option for transferring saves, so you're pretty much starting over.

Darn. Oh well.

In the JP version there was a transfer tool that synchronized unlock state between the two; it was a separate app on Vita but built in to the PS3 game. The NA PS3 version is missing that portion of the menu however, and a quick search doesn't bring up the transfer tool NA side. I don't want to rule out the transfer tool never arriving here, but I think if anything a patch to re-add the missing portion on the PS3 end would have to come first.

Ah, didn't realize it was a separate app in Japan, thanks for clarifying. ^_^

Koppai

I just bought this for Vita having bought the PS3 version at launch last year. More Miku please :) how about the 3DS games as a collection. Also Project Diva F 2 as well. Thanks SEGA and RubyEclipse for making these games western release possible :)

Pangya

Been playing this on the Vita 2000 and it just feels so right. The timing on the PS3 version always felt a bit off to me (even with calibrations).

I figure RubyEclipse will make his way around here eventually but before then, I'm going to copy this post he made over on the Sega forum:

RubyEclipse said:
Hey everyone,

To coincide with the launch of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f today, we're happy to announce the launch of the official website for the game! Check it out at:

http://miku.sega.jp/f/en/index.html

Among the content included you'll find a download link for the AR cards that you can use to trigger special events and AR reactions with the VITA version of the game!

Second, we're happy to announce a little surprise - the Mikustream! This is a special section of the website where you - yes, you - can send in the pictures you take using Portrait Mode on your VITA straight to us at mikustream@sega.com . Once we give the picture a quick pass and confirm it's appropriate, we'll upload your photo direct to the site, and you can browse yours and other images on the page.

Happy Miku VITA launch day, everyone! As always, a huge thanks to all of you who have supported us and backed us since day one. We really appreciate it.

Yasumi

Banned
Man, I forgot how much of a battery muncher Miku was. Finished the last 10 minutes of the download, played for around 50 minutes, and I'm down a quarter charge. Diva f 2nd's probably going to be even more taxing.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So it's 36.99€/29.99£ in Europe according to the web page.
I'll still buy it but come on, Sega. Not fair.

pariah164

Finally.

I made a promise to myself when I first heard that PDf was heading stateside: I would Perfect one song before midnight my time. Well, at 10:45 PM my time, I finally nailed it.

R4HAXQL.jpg

I know. It's on Normal. I don't care. I had an Excellent, then replayed it to get the Perfect. Feels good, man.

Storm360

£30?

No longer buying, I'm only really buying for the platinum trophy, and the extra songs, for that price I'll stick with my Japanese physical copy.

Disappointing again, but I should have expected this considering it is SEGA.

I am so not looking forward to that song on Hard mode. Favorite songs so far include Remote Controller and Senbonzakura. This is subject to change.
Likewise.
My favorites are Remote Controller, Urbondament, Glasses and Weekender Girl. I guess Senbonzakura is in the DLC, I don't have it :(.

I am now throwing leeks at the credits

pariah164

Likewise.
My favorites are Remote Controller, Urbondament, Glasses and Weekender Girl. I guess Senbonzakura is in the DLC, I don't have it :(.

I am now throwing leeks at the credits
Yes, Senbonzakura is DLC.

Yep, there is always a Hachune Miku attacking credits bit in PD.

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times in this thread, but what is the difference between F and f? Is there a version that has all the dlc included?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Been playing this on the Vita 2000 and it just feels so right. The timing on the PS3 version always felt a bit off to me (even with calibrations).

Fells the complete opposite to me, the vita version has always felt wrong. As demonstrated below

Bh8rwCOCEAALgMG.jpg

The amount of goods kinda pisses me off.

Also, interestingly the additional songs and modules are unlocked automatically, and I can play them on extreme, so that is nice I suppose.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Oh fuck off Sega. I gave you the benefit of the doubt with €1:$1 so €30/£25. This is just money grabbing. Not buying until it drops now.

Although didn't Europe get a tearaway cheaper than the US?

GamerJM

Banned
I haven't played this on the Vita yet but the PSP Miku games played fine in terms of timing as did PS3 Diva F. I play my consoles on an HD Asus Monitor that has very minimal lag times though.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I realized that if you add the Song DLC to the EU Vita version, it'll most likely be more expensive than the PS3 version. (44.99€ for PS3, 36.99€ + 9.99€ (or maybe the equivalent of 9.99£ because lol sega) for Vita)

I'm not so sure anymore, this seems really greedy. Almost the double of what the US version costs.

I played NegaPosi Continue on Extreme...

I saw hell. Sadistic Music Factory does not compare to this song.

I've been with this series since the beginning. And I cried blood the first time they added Extreme. :(

Generally speaking, I don't even bother with Extreme coz I suck so much lol.

pariah164

I usually don't bother with Extreme either, but I did since (unlock spoilers)
beating a song on Extreme gets you the Miku, Rin, and Len Append modules, the angel wings, and the angel halo accessories.
I did Cat Food since that's the easiest, and got an Excellent much to my shock.

bigkrev

No. That control method was invented for the PS3 version (so only after the release of the Vita version). You can however use a help item that lets you hit the star notes with any button, but that reduces your score.

According to the manual, you can use the read touchpad for scratching as well (which I think I might prefer as to not to leave smears on the screen). Doesn't seem like there's stick support.

I also must say the portability & the fact I can use headphones makes the Vita version my preferred choice for this game.

ugh. I am having almost zero success getting the game to register my scratches unless i am drilling my finger down and making giant deliberate moves, which makes those sections of the songs actually impossible. And it is ONLY an issue in this game- I was playing Madden last night and having zero issues with quick tiny swipes being accurately interpreted when drawing plays.

How do I get that item? I just want to play for fun, and the touchscreen stuff is preventing me from doing that

i dont get it... I've played music games in the past, yet this one just doesn't click at all based off the demo lol. I just can't seem to be able to pass any of the songs on normal ;_;

the stepchart and the timing seems just... weird at times.

hmmm...

I downloaded the demo for this yesterday. Let me preface this by saying that I always thought that Hatsune Miku was the punchline to some joke...

I replayed World's End Dancehall at least 20 times till I actually beat it. Not only are the songs in the demo awesome, but this game is incredibly addictive. Also, I absolutely suck at it, which is a good motivator for me. I think I'll be picking this up sometime in the immediate future... and I take back anything derogatory or offensive I may have said about Miku's followers in the past. :(

Yasumi

Banned
ugh. I am having almost zero success getting the game to register my scratches unless i am drilling my finger down and making giant deliberate moves, which makes those sections of the songs actually impossible. And it is ONLY an issue in this game- I was playing Madden last night and having zero issues with quick tiny swipes being accurately interpreted when drawing plays.

How do I get that item? I just want to play for fun, and the touchscreen stuff is preventing me from doing that
How are you swiping? It works best for me if I keep my thumb on the screen and shift it to hit a note, rather than making large swipes.

pariah164

I downloaded the demo for this yesterday. Let me preface this by saying that I always thought that Hatsune Miku was the punchline to some joke...

I replayed World's End Dancehall at least 20 times till I actually beat it. Not only are the songs in the demo awesome, but this game is incredibly addictive. Also, I absolutely suck at it, which is a good motivator for me. I think I'll be picking this up sometime in the immediate future... and I take back anything derogatory or offensive I may have said about Miku's followers in the past. :(
One of us,
One of us,
Gooble gobble,
One of us~

Jucksalbe

Banned

Don't know what you're doing there. You just have to do a soft swipe with your thumb, you don't even have to press on the screen.
You can select items in the menu immediately before you start a song. I don't know what that specific item is called, but as far as I remember they all have descriptions, so it shouldn't be very hard to find it.

Jawmuncher

i dont get it... I've played music games in the past, yet this one just doesn't click at all based off the demo lol. I just can't seem to be able to pass any of the songs on normal ;_;

the stepchart and the timing seems just... weird at times.

hmmm...

Was the same way when I first played. Cant compare it to the ps3 version since i didn't play much of it in terms of timing. But there is a specific timing to the game that you just sort of get after awhile. I know headphones help a lot I can't even play the game without them.

pariah164

Was the same way when I first played. Cant compare it to the ps3 version since i didn't play much of it in terms of timing. But there is a specific timing to the game that you just sort of get after awhile. I know headphones help a lot I can't even play the game without them.
This. Once you get a feel for the timing, it becomes loads better. Of course, this means going back to Extend is gonna suck.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I played NegaPosi Continue on Extreme...

I saw hell. Sadistic Music Factory does not compare to this song.

Personally I feel sadistic is way harder because of the way the chart is, at least nega posi is fairly consistent, like an endurance run. Nega posi is just an asshole who keeps on changing the tempo.

I guess it's worth asking as this was my main annoyance when there's a bunch of them incoming: for the "DJ scratch" notes, do you guys have any tips for nailing them? There seems to be a lot of friction between my thumb and the screen protector on my Vita to nail the ones that come in quick succession, but maybe that's just me and I have to get used to it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perhaps see if using the rear touchpad is more comfortable? I have a feeling I might prefer that over the front touchscreen, especially since sometimes my thumb might be covering part of the screen where a star might be coming in & it leaves a bit of a smear if I do it long enough.

Suirrad

Been playing since yesterday and just got the first trophy. I must say this game was well worth the wait as I'm really having fun with it.
Also I just got standard on my first level on hard (Secret Police) which is very fun. Shall I try Extreme o_O

Edit: Just try Secret Police on Extreme....got my first
dropout
title :D

Top Bottom