• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haze Demo is up on EU store !

sajj316

fistfulofmetal said:
Well the AI was just bad. They used no form of intelligence and seemed ripped out of some shitty ps2 FPS.

What's bad about the demo
Graphics suck
Gameplay is boring.

It's a cliche term but it's pretty much as derivative and generic as you can get.

Did you expect to the AI to be 'challenging' on a demo? I read the same things for the Uncharted demo back last year. I'm sure they dumbed down the game so it can be demoable and easier to access. Would it be more fun if the AI killed you time after time after time?

CoLaN

I'm installing. It sounds fun from those opinions, and we play games because of this right? ....RIGHT? :lol

It's fun to see different approaches to games though, iper critic on this game while over enthusiastic about other ones.

And it sucks that cack...

Controls feel loose, graphics really aren't that great, you can walk thru everything (I walked thru a tree trunk that was massive in size), and the game just doesn't have the solid feel of timesplitters...

DongHungLong said:
And it sucks that cack...

Controls feel loose, graphics really aren't that great, you can walk thru everything (I walked thru a tree trunk that was massive in size), and the game just doesn't have the solid feel of timesplitters...

lies. i couldn't walk through the foliage hanging down.

fistfulofmetal said:

Yeah, that is two totally negative comments about this game, you said you see why it has recieved the sh*t it has, and you say it "sucked" but you have not offered one reason why.

Give impressions and your opinions with explanations and you are adding to this conversation, just dropping retarded one liners saying it sucks is trolling.

wow, this is smooth as buttah, well, as smooth as 30fps locked can be, and the graphics look really good!

aiming is SMOOTH and slick, configurable controls, MUAHAHA R1 as shoot or R2 as shoot, you decide!

DTS, and man everything sounds so crisp, the handgun makes me wet.

did anyone else OD on nectar just for te hell of it? funniest thing is one of my AI buddies OD'd on nectar and after shooting at us a few times, the other guys just killed him off.

f@luS

More than a member.
Pretty solid, gameplay is ok, gfx are cool (but not sure its 720p nativ....), and framerate is really locked (but 30fps, nowhere near 60)

The Faceless Master said:
did anyone else OD on nectar just for te hell of it? funniest thing is one of my AI buddies OD'd on nectar and after shooting at us a few times, the other guys just killed him off.

Yeah. just for fun. then i killed the AI Team

and then i played online and someone OD and killed me :lol

3rdamention said:
Give impressions and your opinions with explanations and you are adding to this conversation, just dropping retarded one liners saying it sucks is trolling.

Try reading the thread passed the first dozen or so posts.

fistfulofmetal said:
Well the AI was just bad. They used no form of intelligence and seemed ripped out of some shitty ps2 FPS.

What's bad about the demo
Graphics suck
Gameplay is boring.

It's a cliche term but it's pretty much as derivative and generic as you can get.

Those are the most "cliche" reasons for hating a game. Did you even play it? If I were going to say I hated a game and act like I played it, I would say the same thing as you did.

Here are my reasons why any game I have never played, sucks:

"Oh, the story sucked, it was not engaging at all. The AI is stupid, they dont think like a military trained squad. They would choose to stand and fire versus running around and duelling it out. The graphics are only average, there are a lot of jaggies and I witnessed some screen tearing and framerate dips when the action got frantic!"

See, that is not hard to do kid!

3rdamention said:
Those are the most "cliche" reasons for hating a game. Did you even play it? If I were going to say I hated a game and act like I played it, I would say the same thing as you did.

I really can't believe someone is accusing me of bashing a demo I haven't played... but OK.

Yeah, I did play it. And I thought the demo was whole fully bland. Seemed to have been made by a group of amateurs following How To Make a Console FPS For Dummies.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Ugh, boring. Very dry and generic shooter, the only thing that makes this any different than shit like TimeShift is the luscious use of colour and the developer.

WrikaWrek

Banned
The Demo, run of the mill shooter.

The graphics looked decent at times (characters faces), bad at other (blurry, bloom, the water = lol).

The demo just further adds to my opinion that this is an average shooter at best. Turok was more fun than this.

Tieno

So how are the controls? I can't download it yet, but the last video looked pretty good to me as far as gameplay was concerned.

fistfulofmetal said:
Try reading the thread passed the first dozen or so posts.

I did and still could not find you say anything substantial that actually made it sound like you played it. And if you did, your impressions are so generic they could be plugged in for any game released the past 56 years.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, played through it. I'm totally impressed. I see the "generiatrics" are back...can you explain how this game is a generic shooter at all? The nectar really, REALLY changes stuff up.

I'm very impressed with what I played. First I'll say the bad: I think the graphics are ass. Like I can't believe how ass. Very blurry, low res texturing, meh animations, only okay models, whatever. However, there are really neat special effects that are triggered by the nectar and stuff.

Controls feel really nice. Got your nice gushy analog administer button where it should be...feels good to hold it like you would be injecting a needle. Grenades are where they should be. I'd like reload and switch weapon to switch positions on the controller. Very impressive use of rumble. Teammate AI I didn't really notice, but I liked how enemies would move behind cover. The teammates say a lot of stupid shit. Oh well, four player coop so no big deal, right?

The nectar is awesome...it really makes the gunplay something different. You can see really, really far ahead of you at the expense of peripheral vision, and you can see the range of grenades. You are also stronger and you can melee like in crackdown-- send people flying.

You have to constantly watch your nectar levels while always in gun battles, and the actual adrenaline rush of combat can cause you to screw up administration at times as you try to get the best charge of Nectar you can.

The writing seems a little hokey and the voice acting is unremarkable.

Could people calling the game "generic" please stipulate what generic means to them and then how Haze falls into this categorization? Thanks.

There seems to be a lot of potential here. Like the setpieces. Like the nectar. Like how the guns feel (without rumble I could see this being a huge problem-- things feel like a pee shooter).

Totally don't get why the game looks so bad.

B+ here maybe? Maybe better with coop?

Edit: Here's something awesome: if you kill someone while on nectar, you get a nectar boost. So you are encouraged to get into a rhythm and really go on a spree. And I LOVE the sound of all the teammates around you doping up.

sajj316

fistfulofmetal said:

I really can't believe someone is accusing me of bashing a demo I haven't played... but OK.

Yeah, I did play it. And I thought the demo was whole fully bland. Seemed to have been made by a group of amateurs following How To Make a Console FPS For Dummies.

group of amateurs = Free Radical? Wow ... thats almost blasphemy. Again, I will try it out for myself and confirm the validity of your statements but so far GAF is in the middle on this one. Some love it, some hate it.

Kazenone

I love shooting your Buddie's Nectar packs. They freak out then die.

Smooth frame rate, and nice looking visuals too. Feels like a B+ game.

WrikaWrek

Banned
besada said:
No, it really wasn't. Turok was slow and unwieldy, and it started in a freaking cave.

Turok had a knife.

Turok was unplayable, it didn't even have southpaw controls.

not to mention the aiming and movement in general sucked.

I had no probs with it.

And i don't see how the nectar is changing anything. Without the nectar you can barely see the enemies and you lose health fast, so you kick up the nectar to see better and regain health, or adrenaline, whatever, then it becomes a walk in the park.

h3ro

hell yeah, best pistol since the M6D

First thing I thought of after firing off a round was Magnum from Goldeneye... then I realized that it made sense :D

KurowaSan

h3ro said:
What kind of capture equipment are you using? I don't have those jaggies around the helmet HUD on my screen...
hd capturer via component cables.

boh... i was gonna upload a 720p video, but it's 15 min. long and it'll be around 460mb. I'm gonna encode it anyway and i might upload it, but it sure is gonna take some time.

Y2Kev

WOW! The pistol goes POP! Awesome!

edit: LOVE blood abnormalities! It just goes haywire for a few seconds but you can keep playing

Dante

WrikaWrek said:
Turok had a knife.

And i don't see how the nectar is changing anything. Without the nectar you can barely see the enemies and you lose health fast, so you kick up the nectar to see better and regain health, or adrenaline, whatever, then it becomes a walk in the park.

So does Haze....

WinFonda

Want more impressions before downloading. The consensus seems to be favorable, which is surprising. The Turok comment worries me, though

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Can you guys name some games where you can get crazy amounts of power but in compromise you get your health sapped or you spaz out or whatever. Can only think of Metroid Prime 3 right now...

Can I download from the EU store after the new redesigned store update? I've established my Japan account but I haven't got around to configuring a European one. Thanks!

WinFonda said:
Want more impressions before downloading. The consensus seems to be favorable, which is surprising. The Turok comment worries me, though
The demo is free, no?

Not downloading a demo, which is free, to justify whether you really like or hate the game, seems weird to me.

Jim

WinFonda said:

People hold off on downloading free demos? I seriously download anything and everything just for the hell of it, no matter how awesome or bad.

Shawnwhann said:
Can I download from the EU store after the new redesigned store update? I've established my Japan account but I haven't got around to configuring a European one. Thanks!

yep

WinFonda

AlphaTwo00 said:
The demo is free, no?

Not downloading a demo, which is free, to justify whether you really like or hate the game, seems weird to me.
Time is money, friend. And my bandwidth is not free. Not at all!

besada

Banned
KurowaSan said:
hd capturer via component cables.

boh... i was gonna upload a 720p video, but it's 15 min. long and it'll be around 460mb. I'm gonna encode it anyway and i might upload it, but it sure is gonna take some time.

My pics were off screen, obviously.

Dante

UncleGuito said:
I still don't understand why there was any hype for this in the first place, but I'll give it a try tomorrow regardless.

Hype? The game has been pretty much "meh'd" to death in every thread. It's nice that the impressions are pretty favorable so far.

Y2Kev

UncleGuito said:
I still don't understand why there was any hype for this in the first place, but I'll give it a try tomorrow regardless.

Because it's made by FRD.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Dante said:
So does Haze....

Well i don't know how to use it then. Melee kills don't use the knife, and i can't select the knife by changing weapons.

Alot of games have knifes i was talking about the knife kills in turok.

Top Bottom