• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

The first priest card is a 1 mana 1/1 with a draw effect, so it will most likely get played.

That paladin legendary is very awkward, since it can often make things worse.
Depends on what paladin decks after the next expansion look like and the meta, but I'm not feeling this card.

Finally, the new discover card is expensive, but quite strong. Not sure if it will find a spot,though, since the meta might be too fast.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really like the Pally legendary. Super powerful in a midrange deck (or even a swarm aggro), it has the added effect of making people play around it assuming it gets played often since a little recruit threatens to trade with a big target with it, and he alone can trade with three minions. He's much more versatile than Eadric in the sense that he can be good when ahead, going even or being behind since it can benefit you in both ways.

Though Pally cards this expansion need to really pan out.

Priest is always my least favorite class and now they have two more cards to asspull other cards so that will continue being super not fun.

vall03

Ugh, I'm only getting "Win" quests for the past few days even after re-rolling... *sigh* Welp, more time for other games then.

Ikkarus

So far I'm pleased with the new cards revealed.

The 1/1 priest death rattle is a really nice card and much like the 4/3 death rattle in that it takes a card from your opponents deck.

The 2 mana priest discover card is also great. It not only thins your deck but it also gives you the chance to pull the situational spell you need. Love it.

The paladin legendary is interesting. On one hand it's crowd control but on the other hand it's a buff mechanic too. The only problem I have is it could be very clunky and often sit in your hand waiting for the perfect opportunity to play unlike Tirion for example who you could just summon at nearly anytime and be ok with it.

I personally can't wait to try out Kazakus / death rattle priest when new set drops.

Ikkarus

Shadow visions doesn't draw from your deck, it generates a copy of a spell.

I am sure they would have printed this card earlier but they didn't want to make combo priest too strong.
Oh yeah, my bad. Still, it's a really useful and flexible card and at the very least gives Priest a 2 mana turn. Unless you count Mana Geode....

scarlet

I'm really interested playing priest with quest, n'zoth and ysera. Hopefully I'd have a lot of dust or good luck with the packs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But its the only the only way you could play the same spell 3+ times reliably.

Not reliably enough. You're not guaranteed to get the spell you want. In the early game you're less likely to get the spell you want because you have more spells in your deck and in the late game you might have already drawn/played the other two copies. It's going to be dead in your hand against aggro most of the time because you're taking a big tempo loss when you take a risk on drawing some answer most of the time.

Has some fringe applicability in a meme deck where having multiple copies of the same card is important, but in competitive play, I don't see it.

The paladin legendary is interesting. On one hand it's crowd control but on the other hand it's a buff mechanic too. The only problem I have is it could be very clunky and often sit in your hand waiting for the perfect opportunity to play unlike Tirion for example who you could just summon at nearly anytime and be ok with it.
You really can't play Tirion all willy nilly anymore. Polymorphs, Entomb, Kazakus Potion, Sylvanas + Kill Spell,... Oddly enough playing Tirion into a Doomsayer is often the correct play.

fertygo

Not reliably enough. You're not guaranteed to get the spell you want. In the early game you're less likely to get the spell you want because you have more spells in your deck and in the late game you might have already drawn/played the other two copies. It's going to be dead in your hand against aggro most of the time because you're taking a big tempo loss when you take a risk on drawing some answer most of the time.

Has some fringe applicability in a meme deck where having multiple copies of the same card is important, but in competitive play, I don't see it.
I disagree

In priest deck you play like what 5-6 spell in total?

the selection to get best answer is quite high

ZealousD

I disagree

In priest deck you play like what 5-6 spell in total?

the selection to get best answer is quite high

In what world does a priest deck run only 5-6 spells? Even Dragon Priest, the mostly heavily minon-centered Priest deck, runs about 8 spells. A Control Priest list will run much more. And this is a spell itself, which means it can discover itself.

fertygo

In what world does a priest deck run only 5-6 spells? Even Dragon Priest, the mostly heavily minon-centered Priest deck, runs about 8 spells. A Control Priest list will run much more. And this is a spell itself, which means it can discover itself.

err, pain, death, sometime holy nova and dragonfire one each, power word shield, that's pretty much meta dragon priest use for spell

that only 5 bro

wiibomb

I really like that paladin legendary, may be this is their way of making Small Time Recruits relevant? not sure.

Not even sure if it is good either, doesn't seem too much.

err, pain, death, sometime holy nova and dragonfire one each, power word shield, that's pretty much meta dragon priest use for spell

that only 5 bro

yeah checking out my dragon priests that's only 5 spells, may be 6 counting entomb, but that's a byebye.

that can can be nuts in a minion based priest, may be this could work in N'zoth quest priest? because certainly dragon priest is not going in a good direction now.

fertygo

What these 8 spell that dragon priest run?

seriously I'm confused lol

oh you guys talking about cardcopy

oh yeah I only thinking about number of spells

georly

This can be a combo enabler, and in that case you'd design your deck to give you a 100% chance to get what you want, I imagine. Otherwise it's a value card to give you a 2nd copy of a spell in a kazakus deck or a 3rd copy of something else. If you're not gonna play it for value or for a combo, maybe don't put it in your deck. If neither of those things work in the current meta, there's still hope it could in the next two years. It's a neat enabler card and i foresee it getting use somewhere down the line.

He might make a comeback, since most of these cards are either soon gone or less likely to get played.
You played Tirion regardless of all these, making a comeback relies entirely on whether paladin will get the tools to use him as the top end in an aggressive deck or cards supporting an actual control deck.

wiibomb

guys discover can't bring copies right? because talking about the amount of spell instead of the different spells in the deck is really not the point.

Fv5VBUl.jpg

The meta never slows

Funny cause I've had times in the past where I played against 10 or more control decks in a row.

ZealousD

err I don't understand how that card work

why its stat boosted but return to your hand?

You can play it immediately as a 2/2, or you can put it in a discard deck and play it as a 2 mana 4/4 or 2 mana 6/6 etc later on.

Nachos

Man, this is the second time Blizzard's given the same card to multiple streamers this expansion. They also gave Shadow Visions to three streamers; it's just that one of them accidentally revealed it early. Wonder what's going on.

Basically zoo now has a legendary card to run, akin to van cleef in some regards. 2 mana 6/6, 2 mana 8/8... could be rough. Kinda high roll, but the benefit is very high as it negates a discard or acts like draw a card without cost other than having it in hand. And then you get a large body for a cheap cost, akin to van cleef.

gutshot

Man, this is the second time Blizzard's given the same card to multiple streamers this expansion. They also gave Shadow Visions to three streamers; it's just that one of them accidentally revealed it early. Wonder what's going on.

Seems like they are giving the same card to streamers from different regions. Makes sense except when one streamer reveals too early like what happened with the Priest spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom