• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Adapt was not underrated by pros. They innervated it turn 1 and high rolled both choices. This isn't rocket science. Without the untargettable they would have lost to hex. Windfury got them both. Plus a buff in hand. That is not gonna be common remotely.

Dahbomb

Just got annihilated by Aggro Druid running Hydras and Water Package.

Day 3 of expansion and it's looking like the classes are falling into the following archetypes:

Hunter: Control Hunt.... HAHAHA good joke. Hybrid and Midrange Hunter seem to be best right now. Quest Hunter not performing that great.

Paladin: Elemental Paladin is nice. There's also a more aggressive, token style of Paladin that HSReplay has as the best Paladin deck. Paladin Quest isn't really panning out.

Druid: Aggro Druid and Jade Druid. Beast Quest Druid isn't looking too hot.

Warlock: Discard Zoo and Handlock though Zoo is far more common. Quest Warlock isn't good.

Warrior: Pirate Warrior and Taunt Quest Warrior, with PW edging out.

Rogue: Plant Miracoli and Quest Rogue.

Mage: Exodia/Combo Mage. Some Elemental Mage but not really, it's been mostly Exodia/Combo Mage.

Priest: Dragon Elemental and Quest Deathrattle. There is also this weird super spell heavy Priest deck with Shadow Vision.

Shaman: Elemental Jade and Murloc Quest Shaman on top. It's hard to say which one of these is better because the online winrates of the decks have both been pretty good.

Right now it seems that Warrior, Shaman and Rogue Quests are performing the best. Priest and Mage are next, with the other 4 Quests being inferior to standard decks of the classes (Warlock, Hunter, Druid, Paladin).

The meta at the top is still very aggressive and games seem to be over fast unless you are playing a slower deck that forces the game to be slower.

Magnus

Seriously not seeing aggro at all today and hardly at all the last two days. Are we all playing the same game? Am I just getting REALLY lucky?

Dahbomb

Should I craft the warlock legendary and skip the quest for discard? I can't afford all these cards.
If you are playing a Discard Zoo then skip the Quest and get the Legendary if you can though it's not 100% required, just nice to have.

cHinzo

Having lots of fun with Murloc Shaman atm. I'm so glad I got a fun quest like that one, instead of something like the Priest legendaries. :D

I beat discard zoo with vineslayers. Finished quest but he was already out of steam by a mile.

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/Kp6B55qQvF3FzBjQTUjFQm/?utm_source=hdt&utm_medium=client

Basically what happened is they played that huge taunt dude. I killed it was vilespine slayer. I had gotten mimic pod on vilespine slayer at that point. So when he played another I killed that too, then shadowstepped the other one to kill his 6/6 zavas (w/e the new lock legend is called). That actually finished my quest but they conceded since they ran out of resources due to discards.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The silver hand recruit deck is pretty fun. It doing decent in standard makes me wonder how gross it is in Wild with Muster for Battle and Quartermaster.

Does suck the only good adaptions of those recruits are Poisonous Spit, Living Spore deathrattle, or +3 attack Flaming Claws. Pointless to even run the deck if you get bad adapts.

squidyj

i just stumbled on metastats.net they have great ui and granularity but I"m wondering if anyone knows anything about the quality of their data. is it the same vs data? or what?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I got a golden Warrior legendary and a golden Warrior quest. Is King Mosh getting used? Is it just going to be something I dust for 1600 in a month?

The quest seems worth keeping, at least.

wiibomb

what is a good replacement for wickerflame? I'm trying to build that elemental deck, but so far I just added an extra copy of Spikedridge Steed to the deck instead

DSmalls84

I got a golden Warrior legendary and a golden Warrior quest. Is King Mosh getting used? Is it just going to be something I dust for 1600 in a month?

I have seen Deathwing in most lists so I would use that for now if you have it. Edit: Sorry thought it was a crafting question. If you have him already he should be good in that deck.

Triz

Crafted The Rogue quest. Im rank 20 (I play almost all arena) and was getting creamed by the mage quest. Deck is probably one of the most powerful decks Ive seen in constructed.

Did any streamer actually rate the card as good?

Dahbomb

Crafted The Rogue quest. Im rank 20 (I play almost all arena) and was getting creamed by the mage quest. Deck is probably one of the most powerful decks Ive seen in constructed.

Did any streamer actually rate the card as good?
You mean the Mage quest?

Kripp said it's probably the most broken card ever made in HS's history.

Though based on performance Exodia/Combo Mage is nowhere close to tier 1. Gets rushed down pretty hard. Quest Rogue should beat it as well.

Triz

You mean the Mage quest?

Though based on performance Exodia/Combo Mage is nowhere close to tier 1. Gets rushed down pretty hard. Quest Rogue should beat it as well.

I was referring to the rogue quest as being OP. Wasn't clear in my post.

mjc

Did they tweak the arena yet? I know they were talking about cycling certain cards out and making it more like standard..

DSmalls84

You mean the Mage quest?

Do you have an early preliminary opinion on tiers? At rank 15 I have mostly played Quest Rogue with a few Shaman, Mages and Warriors periodically.

Dahbomb

Do you have an early preliminary opinion on tiers? At rank 15 I have mostly played Quest Rogue with a few Shaman, Mages and Warriors periodically.
You can just look at some online tiers instead of taking my word for it:

http://metastats.net/

1 Pirate Warrior Deck
2 Token/Aggro Druid Deck
3 Elemental Shaman Deck
4 Control Warrior Deck
5 Quest Rogue Deck
6 Elemental Paladin Deck
7 Zoo Warlock Deck

http://metastats.net/decksbyrank/

Rank 5 to Legend

Aggro Murloc Shaman
Midrange Hunter
Pirate Warrior
Quest Rogue
Handlock

Tiers are changing daily though so this is not anything to take into consideration.

If you want my personal tier list, then it's something like this:

Tier 1:

Pirate Warrior (only deck that for me actually belongs in tier 1, the rest are still up in the air)

Tier 2:

Aggro Murloc Shaman
Elemental Jade Shaman
Handlock (this deck is really solid and beats a lot of stuff in the meta)
Control Warrior
Quest Rogue
Discard Zoo (non Quest)
Midrange/Hybrid Hunter
Elemental Midrange Paladin
Miracoli Plant Rogue

Expect some of these tier 2 to move down and some to move up.

Tier 3

Elemental Dragon Priest
Elemental Tempo Mage
Exodia Mage
Token Aggro Druid
Jade Druid
Freeze Mage
Quest Deathrattle Priest
Combo Control Priest

mjc

Quest rogue is the new Jade druid. Gets beaten by unfun aggro decks and beats most of the fun decks.

At least there's the hope that you can pull a brewmaster or ferryman out with dirty rat to disrupt some of the back and forth. But I agree.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Uh oh.

It seems aggro is finally figuring out that Hydra is insane.

.eJwNzEsOgyAQANC7sJePgDN6Avc9ACE4ARMFA9NV07u37wDvI979EpsozM_YlDrOkVo_5ODWYyaZW8sXxeccMrVbReaYyk2VhzKwejCzWyzg7J21oKzWTju3ojVeowVY1E6xc_l3lcIrdaI6SuOg3aRxMhAMSo9yRvnULL4_Opksug.JAvg4k4GYTh9osxEyW4cGva0bcM

Activated turn 5 with prep. Turn 6 south sea, summoned patches, plus evisc for 30 damage lethal.

.eJwNzLENwyAQAMBd6A2PAQOeIH0GQAi_wJINCD5VlN3j8pr7ss-42M4KUZ-7EMc5UxsHn9RGzMhza_nC2M_JU7tFJIqp3FhpCrlJaawGACONA786oQA0GFDWOK839UC8MA4qT1cxvNNArLM0CqAXcIu0QTpuPF817zWz3x8x1yyX.EczqR3OnlC-t4VUbhC10P-1OgXo

Dahbomb

Uh oh.

It seems aggro is finally figuring out that Hydra is insane.
I was looking at that site.

They got a Pirate Warrior having Hydra, a Hunter deck having it, a Murloc Shaman having it and an Aggro Druid deck having it.

I think when there's this much aggro that card actually becomes a lot weaker. That card is good when there is limited amount of aggro but if we got like 5 aggressive decks and one fast combo deck.. it's not going to be that great of a card. But in my experience this card has performed very well so we'll see how it pans out.

Grief.exe

You can just look at some online tiers instead of taking my word for it:

http://metastats.net/

1 Pirate Warrior Deck
2 Token/Aggro Druid Deck
3 Elemental Shaman Deck
4 Control Warrior Deck
5 Quest Rogue Deck
6 Elemental Paladin Deck
7 Zoo Warlock Deck

http://metastats.net/decksbyrank/

Rank 5 to Legend

Aggro Murloc Shaman
Midrange Hunter
Pirate Warrior
Quest Rogue
Handlock

Tiers are changing daily though so this is not anything to take into consideration.

If you want my personal tier list, then it's something like this:

Tier 1:

Pirate Warrior (only deck that for me actually belongs in tier 1, the rest are still up in the air)

Tier 2:

Aggro Murloc Shaman
Elemental Jade Shaman
Handlock (this deck is really solid and beats a lot of stuff in the meta)
Control Warrior
Quest Rogue
Discard Zoo (non Quest)
Midrange/Hybrid Hunter
Elemental Midrange Paladin
Miracoli Plant Rogue

Expect some of these tier 2 to move down and some to move up.

Tier 3

Elemental Dragon Priest
Elemental Tempo Mage
Exodia Mage
Token Aggro Druid
Jade Druid
Freeze Mage
Quest Deathrattle Priest
Combo Control Priest

Handlock is also super cheap if you've been playing for a while since you likely have the majority of the cards.

What removal are you running in your Handlock?

Dahbomb

Handlock is also super cheap if you've been playing for a while since you likely have the majority of the cards.

What removal are you running in your Handlock?

Double Siphon Soul, double Shadowflame, 1 Hellfire, 1 Abyssal Enforcer, two Doomsayers, two Mortal Coils.

Originally I had two Abyssal Enforcers and a Felfire Potion. These are not that good because in a lot of cases you will have a board playing this deck unlike previous Renolock decks. Felfire Potion is decent against Quest Rogue but not so great against a lot of other decks especially now that at my rank aggro decks are becoming more common (rank 7). One Abyssal Enforcer is great but two are very clunky.

The way you win against Quest Rogue in my experience is to mulligan greedy for Mountain Giants/Faceless Shamblers. Then tap twice for Mountain Giants, into Shambler and you put every attack to face. If they are about to have a quest active then you might clear their minions otherwise you have to put up the taunt wall and clock face. They have no heals, no hard removal and no pressure in the first 3 turns. Once they have the quest active then make a taunt wall because they are definitely going to be sending a bunch of chargers to face. Defender of Argus on the 4 attack minions is crucial for Shadowflame plays and to remove their minions.

TankUP

I saw 8 rogues in a row so I switched to Hunter and farmed them for 5 ranks. If you're having trouble with Rogue I highly suggest midrange hunter. They're fucking around with metapod and brewmasters and you're smashing them in the face. If they even do get their quest off they're usually so far behind that you just win. Here's a sampling of some of my games today, climbed from 17 to 10 with a 73% winrate thanks to all the rogues.

18d58f969329afa800dc29ab5c615c1d.png

The full climb:

60d7756598b5aefcfd2a950319a65395.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking at that site.

They got a Pirate Warrior having Hydra, a Hunter deck having it, a Murloc Shaman having it and an Aggro Druid deck having it.

I think when there's this much aggro that card actually becomes a lot weaker. That card is good when there is limited amount of aggro but if we got like 5 aggressive decks and one fast combo deck.. it's not going to be that great of a card. But in my experience this card has performed very well so we'll see how it pans out.

I was just talking about my own experience. Haven't ever seen seen it and then all of a sudden saw it in a hunter and warrior in the last few games.

It's one of the most insane cards that seem prime for a future nerf to 6 mana, outside of maybe super aggro metas holding it back. Only thing that kept me back from giving it 5 stars is the likelyhood of the aggro meta.

Dahbomb

For some reason I thought Sherazin was a 5 mana card instead of a 4 mana card. As you can imagine the evaluation ended up going rather poorly lol.

DSmalls84

For some reason I thought Sherazin was a 5 mana card instead of a 4 mana card. As you can imagine the evaluation ended up going rather poorly lol.

To be fair it seemed like that card was on a lot of people's shit list before release. I wasn't super happy when I opened multiples of it lol. Decided to keep it after writing off Shaku too soon and dusting it last expansion.

DSmalls84

I saw 8 rogues in a row so I switched to Hunter and farmed them for 5 ranks. If you're having trouble with Rogue I highly suggest midrange hunter. They're fucking around with metapod and brewmasters and you're smashing them in the face. If they even do get their quest off they're usually so far behind that you just win. Here's a sampling of some of my games today, climbed from 17 to 10 with a 73% winrate thanks to all the rogues.

The full climb:

Are you running Dred? Was curious how it was performing. Have only seen it played once and I removed it with abyssal enforcer.

Cat Party

King Mosh is very good. Much better than deathwing.

cHinzo

Are quests Spell cards? For the purposes of activating shit, and can they be counterspelled?

Obviously, since the quests cost 1 mana, most people activate em on turn 1, which u can't counterspell unless they play it late in the game. U can also counterspell the 5 mana quest rewards. :D

Pooya

burgling UTH after completing the quest. lmao that was fun.

Next goal, burgling protect the king against pirate warrior.

gutshot

Obviously, since the quests cost 1 mana, most people activate em on turn 1, which u can't counterspell unless they play it late in the game. U can also counterspell the 5 mana quest rewards. :D

You can Kabal Lackey into Counterspell though. And yes, it counters the quest.

Miletius

The full climb:

Midrange hunter is indeed superior to quest rogue -- mostly because by the time they are done bounding you have them on the ropes already. And if they don't get the perfect bounce they are dead before they get to you.

I've teched in two hunter's mark for absolute must kill targets, and it works great against any slower decks you face as well.

I expect it to get harder though once I get to levels where people are better. I think quest rogue is a bit harder to play than other aggressive decks because you have to set up the combo early but also know when you need to defend. A lot of people at the ranks I'm playing at are still all in on the quest even though they could probably beat me if they put the breaks on for a turn or two in order to defend.

Top Bottom