• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Revealed on Next Week's GTTV

FirewalkR said:
Well last week Uncharted 2's trailer went online before it aired I think.

Yeah, but that was just a small part of the show. This weeks show is about Heavy Rain, much like last weeks was about Tony Hawk Ride. Nothing leaked out on that.

siarraweb

hey guys.. first pics of gameplay!!

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot98.jpg

Screenshot119.jpg

Screenshot27.jpg

Screenshot53.jpg

Screenshot106.jpg

Screenshot65.jpg

Screenshot138.jpg

Screenshot115.jpg

Screenshot163.jpg

Screenshot12.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
The crazy green footprints are strange. I took 'no supernatural' to mean no science fiction for some reason. Not that I'm against it.

Looks like The X Files/Fringe the video game.

Dante

His hand looks normal in the persist shot where he's holding the gun, makes me think it's some kind of hi-tech glove or something.

tass0

Banned
is it just me or are the graphics kinda ugly? and the atmosphere from the previous gameplay footage is gone :|

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
tass0 said:
is it just me or are the graphics kinda ugly? and the atmosphere from the previous gameplay footage is gone :|
Comparing footage to screens is not smart. Do yourself a favor and don't ever judge or over think things over some screens.

And it does look awesome, graphics.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
stuburns said:
The crazy green footprints are strange. I took 'no supernatural' to mean no science fiction for some reason. Not that I'm against it.

Looks like The X Files/Fringe the video game.
I'm not sure if you're serious but that looks like some kind of CSI-style DNA scan, ultraviolet light or whatever to uncover footprints etc. It's not really green.

WinFonda

stuburns said:

It's forensics. Blood stains viewed through ultra-violet light. (I imagine his glasses do it)

StuBurns

Banned
Sage00 said:
I'm not sure if you're serious but that looks like some kind of CSI-style DNA scan, ultraviolet light or whatever to uncover footprints etc. It's not really green.
I was serious, but not articulate, I didn't mean to imply that was normal footprints. I know they're being scanned or something. I just meant the technology in the pictures isn't something I was expecting at all. I didn't expect any sci-fi for some reason.

jvalioli

jett said:
For some reason I'm not impressed like when the pictures of the woman in the demo showed up.
Yeah, the pictures of the girl look better than this but Heavy Rain is still one of the best looking games I have ever seen.

ianp622

I'm more impressed by the options hovering around him than the graphics (although the graphics are awesome).

I love how it takes the Mass Effect dialog system to a new level, including actions.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
For some reason I'm not impressed like when the pictures of the woman in the demo showed up.
A la mierda!

In all seriousness, they look great and imagine it in motion.

Imagine the scenes with large crowds!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
stuburns said:
I was serious, but not articulate, I didn't mean to imply that was normal footprints. I know they're being scanned or something. I just meant the technology in the pictures isn't something I was expecting at all. I didn't expect any sci-fi for some reason.
Ah ok. It's not really sci-fi though, it's just modern technology.

Dante

jett said:

Oh whatever, your just setting us for a babyface turn like you did for Trico. ;)

StuBurns

Banned
Sage00 said:
Ah ok. It's not really sci-fi though, it's just modern technology.
There's floating data projections. That's not currently existing technology I don't think.

Unless it's some in-game HUD style info.

jett said:

You certainly earn that tag. I believe the last ten threads I've been in have had negative comments from you.

Back on topic, this looks awesome.

stuburns said:
There's floating data projections. That's not currently existing technology I don't think.

Unless it's some in-game HUD style info.

I'm pretty sure thats it.

I can't wait to see this in motion and in HD later.

wow.

jett

D-Member
The guy is an FBI psychological profiler. So yeah, this is probably some CSI shieeeeet. Reading the article right now, so far just some backstory.

Oh there it is. No sci-fi/grounded in reality David Cage said huh? Whatever. This cop, named Norman Jayden use a pair of high-tech glasses that immediately detects prints, DNA, pheromones, the works. He also has a an uberglove that analyzes samples in real time. I guess these things are in the game for gameplay purposes, but uh Cage wasn't all that true to his word. :p

Top Bottom