• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

As the numbers dwindled, your desperation rose to fever pitch. How could this be happening? Already, five of the loyal crew members were gone, and now they were looking at you. What did you do? Could they not tell? You thought they knew you better than this. You thought you knew them better than this.

There was no more words to be said, you sighed and took your bag down from the overhead compartment. How could they be so stupid? You shook your head in frustration and started to walk, your bag of money at hand.

“Where are you going?” Asked one of the thieves, busy sharpening a stick at both ends, for whatever reasons.

“I need to clear my head. You guys… you guys continue on arguing. All I can say is that… I’ve got my money with me, so...”

They eyed you as you left the car but they did not stop you. That was a small relief. You had thought that you might have to fight your way out, seeing that you were holding to your share so tightly, but no, there was no resistance.

You reached the last car and sat down by yourself. It was nice here. Quiet. You could finally hear yourself thinking. You sighed and clutched the handles to your money bag needily not realising that the car you were on had stopped moving altogether.

“Wait.” The Client scratched head. “There seems to be one less…”

A thief with a beautiful face cackled. “We uncoupled the last car off. With redhood56 on board. Mwehehehehe.”

“What! Why? He said he got his share with him!” One boisterous but fabulous thief shouted.

“Oh? The bag he took with him? It had no money in it. We’ve… uh, we’ve filled it with something else.”

The Client’s nose wrinkled a few times. “I… I don’t really want to know what you actually put in there.”

You were left behind.

redhood56 has been removed from the train.

4kVThT8.jpg

Welcome redhood56!

You are A THIEF WITH HONOR. You are aligned with THE CREW.

You have always been a professional with principles and you stick by your people, through thick and thin. You hardly can believe it that some of your pals are actually considering killing you in the name of money and personal gain. The crew was sacred, is it not? After all, you risked everything together! How could they do this to you?! You will not let them get away with it.

You have the power to VOTE out a fellow passenger off the train during Day Phases with the command, Vote: <Player&#8217;s Name>.

Your train can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158386

Good luck!

&#8220;Looks like it will be another long, dark tunnel, thieves! Have a wonderful break from murdering each other and wishing you all an awesome New Year! The train will return on 1 January 2016!&#8221;

Each person&#8217;s share is now: 1.67 INTERNET BILLION DOLLARS

Emerging from Tunnel in:
bla_1451685600.png

Night 3 Begins

Xuv0dSG.png

Vntcs2r.png

Now emerging from Tunnel!

Whew. That was an uncomfortably dark tunnel. Thankfully every tabs were where you had left them, so it was easy enough to recollect your bearings. But hold on, not everyone made it!

You looked around to find that squidyj had acquired decidedly lethal stab wounds on to his body. They would have been somewhat fetching, in the neo-post-modern-aesthetic way, if they had not been also deadly. You felt sorry to see squidyj gone but mostly, you felt pretty good that it had not been you who had karked it during Tunnel Time.

From the looks of it, squidyj had tried to fight for his life. There was a tiny knife that clattered about near his body. You imagined that it had been an epic battle, that it had been full with tension and witty one-liners, and above all, that it had been free from CGI. It was a good imagination.

jYGZVsn.gif

Unfortunately, and obviously, squidyj had lost the fight.

squidyj has been removed from the train.

Welcome squidyj!

You are A THIEF WITH HONOR. You are aligned with THE CREW.

You have always been a professional with principles and you stick by your people, through thick and thin. You hardly can believe it that some of your pals are actually considering killing you in the name of money and personal gain. The crew was sacred, is it not? After all, you risked everything together! How could they do this to you?! You will not let them get away with it.

You have the power to VOTE out a fellow passenger off the train during Day Phases with the command, Vote: <Player’s Name>.

Your train can be found here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158386

Good luck!

“Oh look, calamari’s on the menu for today’s lunch!” The Client pointed at the menu card. “Oh, and welcome back to the train, thieves! Happy New Year!”

vgiypgS.gif

Each person’s share is now: 1.9 INTERNET BILLION DOLLARS

Tunnel approaching in:
gra_1451944800.png

Day 4 Begins

REMAINING PASSENGERS:
*Splinter
CrimsonFist
Droplet
FluxWaveZ
Karu
Ourobolus
Royal_Flush
Sawneeks

5 to achieve majority

FluxWaveZ

I knew it. I knew I'd still be alive, even though I felt I'd be a decent candidate to get stabbed for several days now. This reason is CrimsonFist.

Now, everyone, shut up. We're at LyLo, and we will be until this game ends because no one is thinking or paying attention. I knew Mazre was town, I knew redhood was town, and I'VE KNOWN CRIMSONFIST WAS SCUM SINCE DAY 2.

Scum:

1. CrimsonFist
2. Ourobolus
3. Droplet or *Splinter

Turbo immediately, and stop talking about stupid shit.

Vote: CrimsonFist

I knew it. I knew I'd still be alive, even though I felt I'd be a decent candidate to get stabbed for several days now. This reason is CrimsonFist.

Now, everyone, shut up. We're at LyLo, and we will be until this game ends because no one is thinking or paying attention. I knew Mazre was town, I knew redhood was town, and I'VE KNOWN CRIMSONFIST WAS SCUM SINCE DAY 2.

Scum:

1. CrimsonFist
2. Ourobolus
3. Droplet or *Splinter

Turbo immediately, and stop talking about stupid shit.

Vote: CrimsonFist

But I'm not scum, so if you turbo me, town loses. If you wanted me lynched, yesterday was your last chance.

FluxWaveZ

And we won't be in LYLO until the game ends. If we lynch scum today, then tomorrow we won't be.

5v3 is the best case scenario.

If we lynch scum, D5 is 4v2. If we lynch town on D5, D6 is 2v2. Scum won.

No one listen to whatever CrimsonFist, *Splinter, Ourobolus, and Drop have to say.

Eh, town can't win anymore regardless, as long as scum vote with me.

I'm not scum, although you were close. I'm actually a neutral survivor

FluxWaveZ

Eh, town can't win anymore regardless, as long as scum vote with me.

Oh, that's right "partner," you reminded me of the good old WW2 days.

VOTE: *Splinter

Let's here about that one, eh.

Remove your vote NOW. We don't have time for random, nonsense votes anymore. Scum can literally turbo that shit all at the same time now and automatically win if people continue to act like chickens with their heads removed. Turbo CrimsonFist.

Karu

But I'm not scum, so if you turbo me, town loses. If you wanted me lynched, yesterday was your last chance.
And if you're scum, we should forfeit, because... why bother?

In a way you're not wrong and I'm hesitant to turbo, but that defense brings us nowhere. Since - surprise, surprise - we have no hard evidence either way, taking a shot at you at this point with things being as they are, is as good as it gets, probably.

If flux is scum or someone else orchastrated the last few days, kudos to them, but although the circle of suspects gets smaller and smaller, we are also running out of time.

We can't Vote for someone from the Crimson-Vote group, because... why? Corn's dead. I do not think Droplet is scum, if she is, I would be slightly pissed. Leaves us with...

CrimsonFist
Ourobolus
Sawneeks

... the Mafia.

There is obviously a chance someone got their Vote on Crimson, which would be the worst case. With only so many Votes left, that's a shot in the dark, alright.

Oh, that's right "partner," you reminded me of the good old WW2 days.

Remove your vote NOW. We don't have time for random, nonsense votes anymore. Scum can literally turbo that shit all at the same time now and automatically win if people continue to act like chickens with their heads removed. Turbo CrimsonFist.

And lose

FluxWaveZ

Look, if you were actually town, scum would have turboed my vote on you immediately and they would have immediately won as the day started.

What you're doing right now is to influence the confusion of town (who have been REAL confused up until now) to place one more "pressure" vote on me, so that your 2 other partners can turbo me.

If someone actually goes along with this shit, we deserve to lose. Hell, we kind of already deserve to lose because no one's paying any attention except for me.

Look, if you were actually town, scum would have turboed my vote on you immediately and they would have immediately won as the day started.

What you're doing right now is to influence the confusion of town (who have been REAL confused up until now) to place one more "pressure" vote on me, so that your 2 other partners can turbo me.

If someone actually goes along with this shit, we deserve to lose. Hell, we kind of already deserve to lose because no one's paying any attention except for me.

No? it's 5 - 3, they'd need 2 extra votes to get a majority.

FluxWaveZ

No? it's 5 - 3, they'd need 2 extra votes to get a majority.

That's true, I knew that but actually wrote that thinking it was a majority of 4 for some reason. Still, the comment fits regarding pressure, since the "random vote" number changes from 1 to 2 for an immediate turbo.

ok guys, first of all, we are very likely in MyLo now with 3 Scum and 5 Townies, majority at 5 votes. That means: Be careful with your votes! If there are 2 Townvotes on a Townie, Scum can turbo and win!

Droplet and *Splinter: You both have some explaining to do. I'd argue Droplet didn't see *Splinter's vote when she voted, given the timestamps and her reaction which seemed quite honest. Obviously *Splinter also didn't know Droplet would vote so soon.

Droplet: First you say
I don't want to hammer.
Which implies for me that you intend to vote CrimsonFist, who at this point was one vote away from being hammered. But a few minutes later, without anything relevant happening in between, you suddenly vote Redhood without explanation:
Ugh.

Vote: redhood56
You are (or at least think you are) creating a tie with this move making a quickhammer by Scum possible. Why did you do this?

*Splinter:
Think fast, Drop

VOTE: redhood56

That's 5-5
Creating a tie just to put pressure on a person without vote is playing with fire. At this point any Scum who may have his or her vote on CrimsonFist (probably Scum) can switch over to Redhood and hammer. Your last mention of Crimson or Redhood is this:
My top suspects have been all over the place today, but right now I'm thinking:
Sawneeks
Ourobolus
Crim or Flux (or Corn?)
So as with Droplet your previous statement makes me think you'd rather go with Crimson yet vote for Redhood creating a dangerous tie. Why did you think this was necessary?

Unrelated to you two, my other suspects are still CrimsonFist (that may change depending on the Droplet/*Splinter outcome), Ouro and to a lesser extent Karu and maybe *Splinter or Droplet (depending on the outcome of the review).

*Splinter

Alright let me explain my part of the vote fuckup.

The vote was at 5-4 leaning Crimson, and Drop was being asked to place a vote as she hadn't made a vote all day. I put my vote on red hood purely to create a tie and force Droplet to make a hard choice. Unfortunately... I forgot that 6 votes would end the day...

Yes really, sorry :(

We had ~20 minutes left, plenty of time for Droplet to vote and further discussion to happen and votes to change. That's what I was expecting/hoping for, but obviously couldn't happen as Drop's vote ended the day.

I see Flush made a couple of points I want to respond to as well, brb

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, wtf happened yesterday, Splinter and Drop? On one hand, if I actually thought Splinter was town (I don't), I'd consider it an interesting way to actually force Droplet to participate in the voting for once. But, since I don't think he's town, I feel like he did it just to get a townie lynched. He was talking about Crimson quite a bit, but then voted redhood without reason.

I'll admit that I've been reading Crimson as town for the past few days (and been pretty vocal about it), but I hadn't even considered the possibility of a Crimson/Splinter partnership. I STILL think it's pretty far-fetched, and while I still think Crimson is town, I'm more open to the possibility that I could be horribly wrong.

So, Drop. What the hell happened yesterday?

*Splinter

Droplet and *Splinter: You both have some explaining to do. I'd argue Droplet didn't see *Splinter's vote when she voted, given the timestamps and her reaction which seemed quite honest. Obviously *Splinter also didn't know Droplet would vote so soon.
The bolded is incorrect, pretty sure Droplet said she voted in response to mine.
*Splinter:

Creating a tie just to put pressure on a person without vote is playing with fire. At this point any Scum who may have his or her vote on CrimsonFist (probably Scum) can switch over to Redhood and hammer. Your last mention of Crimson or Redhood is this:

So as with Droplet your previous statement makes me think you'd rather go with Crimson yet vote for Redhood creating a dangerous tie. Why did you think this was necessary?
First off, my top suspects were listed as:
Sawneeks
Ourobolus
Crim or Flux
The problem is that I think only 1 of Crim/Flux is scum, and I've been far more suspicious of Flux. So when I say "Crim or Flux" it's more like "Flux, but if I'm wrong then Crim moves up a lot".

Second, why was it necessary?
Well, if I had realised it would end the day I would have voted more carefully. However I did it because I needed more information on Droplet. She's coasted by a lot of this game and I wanted to force her to pick a side on this issue.

*Splinter

Regarding Droplet's vote.
When it first happened, I assumed (as Flux has also) that she hadn't seen my post when she voted. I thought she had voted for a tie to avoid responsibility (this is exactly what my vote was supposed to prevent). However:

Oh? You intended to tie the vote then?

No, it was the think fast part that threw me off. I saw your post then voted.
So now I'm even more confused. Droplet you expressed regret immediately after voting, claiming that I had "tricked" you... What was all that about?

Err...

What?

I role claimed as a neutral survivor. Seeing as you can't policy lynch me without losing, I didn't see any reason not to, and if scum want to bandwaggon onto my vote it will force a tie so that town can't win, then they just have to vote with me tomorrow as well.

I mean, I don't expect them to out themselves right now, but if it looks like another scum player is about to get lynched, the vote is there for them to jump onto. Unless Flux is scum ofc.

Ourobolus

Banned
I role claimed as a neutral survivor. Seeing as you can't policy lynch me without losing, I didn't see any reason not to, and if scum want to bandwaggon onto my vote it will force a tie so that town can't win, then they just have to vote with me tomorrow as well.

I mean, I don't expect them to out themselves right now, but if it looks like another scum player is about to get lynched, the vote is there for them to jump onto. Unless Flux is scum ofc.

I just assumed he was making a (poor) joke.

...ok, I was wrong.

Not a joke, I was surprised to get the role PM too ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I guess it's not technically a power role though, it's just a different win condition.

*Splinter

Yeah, because YOU'RE the one who's been acting like such a great townie this whole game. Everyone you've chased has been dead ends.

You're right, I should have been ignoring my own reads and actively distancing myself from anyone I once tried to lynch. That would have been much better pro-town behavior.

FluxWaveZ

You're right, I should have been ignoring my own reads and actively distancing myself from anyone I once tried to lynch. That would have been much better pro-town behavior.

And if that's what you think I've been doing, you're just another of the lost townies who haven't been paying any attention this whole time.

Though, I don't really care anymore. Whether town wins or scum wins... it's all the same. Though it's not in my win condition, I'll be pretty happy personally with whichever team burns. Probably happier if we lose, though.

So, whatevs.

Unvote: CrimsonFist

Have a time, guys!

Sawneeks

Banned

Lol. It didn't work for me in WW it's not going to work here. This was strictly advertised as a Town vs Mafia vanilla game with no PRs, I highly doubt you're a Neutral.

Also why claim now and not yesterday when you nearly got lynched?? There was way more of an incentive to claim then if you were telling the truth.

Not going to vote now because 'something something turbo?' but Crimson is lying. Also wouldn't be surprised if Scum!Crimson is pulling this now to allow his teammates to bus him and blend in better. Not gonna name names but uh coughourobololscough.

*Splinter

Lol. It didn't work for me in WW it's not going to work here. This was strictly advertised as a Town vs Mafia vanilla game with no PRs, I highly doubt you're a Neutral.

Also why claim now and not yesterday when you nearly got lynched?? There was way more of an incentive to claim then if you were telling the truth.

Not going to vote now because 'something something turbo?' but Crimson is lying. Also wouldn't be surprised if Scum!Crimson is pulling this now to allow his teammates to bus him and blend in better. Not gonna name names but uh coughourobololscough.

Yeah this, I still want to at the very least hear from Droplet

I didn't claim yesterday because it would probably be seen as an anti town role. If I claimed I'd have just been putting the final nail in my coffin.

Ourobolus

Banned
I didn't claim yesterday because it would probably be seen as an anti town role. If I claimed I'd have just been putting the final nail in my coffin.
You are killing me, smalls. I don't know what the hell you are doing. Although it is kinda funny watching you pull a Sawneeks.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

Not really sure where the analogy to Sawneeks is coming from. In Woof 2 she'd already outed herself as scum when she jumped on the turbo, of course she was bluffing.

Whilst I wasn't in the best position after yesterday, there were certainly other people who looked just as bad, and there would have been every chance that I could get through today without being lynched. So why would I claim if I wasn't telling the truth?

Ourobolus

Banned
Not really sure where the analogy to Sawneeks is coming from. In Woof 2 she'd already outed herself as scum when she jumped on the turbo, of course she was bluffing.

Whilst I wasn't in the best position after yesterday, there were certainly other people who looked just as bad, and there would have been every chance that I could get through today without being lynched. So why would I claim if I wasn't telling the truth?

It's not a perfect analogy, but I look at it this way.

If you are town, this is an absolutely ridiculous way to escape suspicion. 1) According to the mod, this is a straight vanilla game with no PRs. That pretty much excludes neutrals. 2) Why on earth would you make this claim, something that only draws MORE suspicion on you?

If you are scum, then it's a gambit that is also really weird. See points 1 and 2 above.

To top it off, we're in MyLo right now, so if you are town, WTF are you doing?

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, let's say you are telling the truth. For shits and giggles.

If you are a neutral survivor, you don't care who wins. Why would we take anything you have to say into consideration?

It's not a perfect analogy, but I look at it this way.

If you are town, this is an absolutely ridiculous way to escape suspicion. 1) According to the mod, this is a straight vanilla game with no PRs. That pretty much excludes neutrals. 2) Why on earth would you make this claim, something that only draws MORE suspicion on you?

If you are scum, then it's a gambit that is also really weird. See points 1 and 2 above.

To top it off, we're in MyLo right now, so if you are town, WTF are you doing?

...so by your logic, what I'm doing makes no sense if I'm town or scum, and yet you still disbelieve me?

Ourobolus

Banned
...so by your logic, what I'm doing makes no sense if I'm town or scum, and yet you still disbelieve me?

Yes. I disbelieve you because, again, according to how this game was advertised, there shouldn't be any neutrals.

But I appreciate your efforts in using the "what-i'm-doing-makes-no-sense-therefore-I'm-totally-legit" defense.

Admittedly, the modkill threw off my plan a bit. If we'd have kept up odd numbers, I could have just hoped to survive today and thrown my vote on a townie tomorow so that scum could hammer it. It's a bit more awkward when the best I can do is force a tie, because it's riskier for scum to trust me, they might even just try to push the narrative that I'm lying to get an easy lynch.

*looks at Ouro suspiciously*

Top Bottom