• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

From what i heard, the automatons are basically farmers and lumberjacks if they are the same faction of the first game.

Super earth is clearly the villain here.
Automaton sympathizer!

Gn1rYR7.jpg

Killjoy-NL

From what i heard, the automatons are basically farmers and lumberjacks if they are the same faction of the first game.

Super earth is clearly the villain here.
Even ignoring the lore, when you started Helldivers 2 at launch, with no prior knowledge, we were basically fighting a war with the Terminids and the Automatons were just there on the left side of the map, with a tiny portion of the community attacking the Automatons.

So based on solely that, we provoked the Automaton attack.

And I don't even think we really got any info on why we are attacking the Terminids.
We just joined the Helldivers and got thrown into battle, because Hooah.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This game might have some of the best rumbling and trigger feelings on the PS5. Don’t get talked about enough. I usually think they’re both crap. Not with this gem.

True - and this is why I have to recharge my DS once per day, rumble too stronK, battery depletes way faster compared to playing other games 😁

DS battery life is shitty to begin with and this game doesn't help !

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member

Dude was a lot more quiet than I would have been. I would have woken up my neighbors. Who I'm pretty sure are dead, because I haven't seen them outside of their house in two years.

Last edited:
picked up the game a few days ago and played for 3 nights getting myself to level 8. I definitely see why folks love the game. it's fun and the requirement to use teamwork and communication is something I always like in other games. so far I've only been fighting the bugs and had not try the robots yet. will try that out when I can.

as for bugs that affect gameplay, there certainly are quite a few. I've ran into ones like unable to escape from some area that I dropped in, or I fallen into the water but won't drown and just stuck there. I've also had a bug where I died and my teammates would throw the respawn beacon down but I can't drop on it. but overall the experience had been fun.

one question thou. does the game have any function to allow the host to kick people from a session?

the TLDR version
I got disconnected from a game right before we reach the extraction point, right after I accidentally killed the host. I don't know if it's due to the host being a bitter asshole or if it's just a bug.

long version
I was in a game last night with 2 others. someone at level 20 something eho was on the mic, and the host who was at the same as me at level 8 and not using mic or typing all. the host just ran off by himself after we dropped and I just shadow the higher level guy and we worked our way around the objectives. host was able to get some stuff done by himself but had also died once or twice. we eventually grouped up and worked on the remaining objectives, and both me and the higher level guy got killed by the host a few times via orbital bombardment or grenades and stuff. we ended up finishing all the objectives and on our way to the extraction when I was shooting at one of the mid tier bugs near the host with an arc thrower (lighting gun). the arc probably jumped to him from the bug and ended up killing him I think. I throw down a respawn beacon right away but before long I was disconnected from the mission back on my ship with no xp or credit or anything from that mission.

FUBARx89

What's best way to blow off the Hulk arms, pretty much the only trophy I need for plat.

Also. I had about 8 Hulks in an SOS eradicate other night and rocket devastators everywhere on hard with random low level players, it was absolute chaos, the text chat from them was glorious. We didn't stand a chance.

Yamisan

I finally caved and bought the game on PS5 last night. I'm shocked and amazed that this game is still broken; I couldn't connect via quick play or manually picking a MP game to join even once. SP is boring; I'm going to give it a few more tries before asking Sony for a refund for it being unplayable.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Lost the connection 2 times, both times of course when the game was almost over. Why am I being punished for something I can't do anything about? Very bad gamedesign. Ah and every time I want to exit the game, it just crashes. I guess that's part of the game too. And you keep ending up under the floor or getting stuck everywhere.

Last edited:
Coming back after a week or two off yesterday, everything felt like molasses or something. Did anything actually change in patches with movement and stuff, or just a me thing (maybe getting used to movement in Rebirth?) it kind of just felt less 'good' to play in general, in a hard to explain way. I don't like this arc thrower as much as my rail gun, what is the best primary weapon these days?

Edit: I'm using light armor btw

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I finally caved and bought the game on PS5 last night. I'm shocked and amazed that this game is still broken; I couldn't connect via quick play or manually picking a MP game to join even once. SP is boring; I'm going to give it a few more tries before asking Sony for a refund for it being unplayable.

It's not a singleplayer game and it's not unplayable lol.

Yamisan

It's not a singleplayer game and it's not unplayable lol.
Its not single player... and match making doesn't work most of the time on ps5... Its not just me, posts about it are still happening daily here, other forums and reddit. Thus by your own logic it is unplayable.

Killjoy-NL

Its not single player... and match making doesn't work most of the time on ps5... Its not just me, posts about it are still happening daily here, other forums and reddit. Thus by your own logic it is unplayable.
For what it's worth, the Arrowhead CEO said they will add AI NPCs, although there is no ETA yet.

T0minator

Match making has been working for me ... it's definitely been playable

What's best way to blow off the Hulk arms, pretty much the only trophy I need for plat.

Also. I had about 8 Hulks in an SOS eradicate other night and rocket devastators everywhere on hard with random low level players, it was absolute chaos, the text chat from them was glorious. We didn't stand a chance.
I did mine with the Railgun, should still do the trick in unsafe and charged. Shoot both arms off, leave area and do something else or go for extraction.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
This game was a blast with 4 friends

I wish there were some vehicles to make all the running between waypoints less tedious, but that's also fine by me

during a run, my model glitched TF out and tposed until death, it was funny

ywlU4Rb.png

RyanEvans21

=
This game was a blast with 4 friends

I wish there were some vehicles to make all the running between waypoints less tedious, but that's also fine by me

during a run, my model glitched TF out and tposed until death, it was funny

ywlU4Rb.png

Anyone Encounter the flying bugs? They hard and fast! Plus bile spewers & chargers protecting their nest
:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I made the mistake of trying to finish a challenge on my own. As soon as I spawned I got slapped by a big bug. Respawned onto a smallish hill, wiped a few out. Got down, and got swiped, my body (legs and arms were gone) flew at least a mile...I couldn't stop laughing.

Started playing on PS5 tonight, instantly ran into issues with friend requests on the social tab. Also had no idea WTF I'm doing. But randomly found a couple cool players (one brand new like me, one new-ish but taught us the ropes). The game is fun as hell though - we squeaked by last second extract in our first challenging rank mission.

I'm am having like an inverse experience with this game. The first few weeks I had my share of issues like everyone else. But overall I could consistently play the game and have a blast.

Coming back this week, I am like 2/30 in actually getting into games and playing them to the end. The reset of your equipment and every pop up tutorial (which then never goes away...) bug is so fucking annoying, it makes it basically unplayable, yet I'm hardly seeing anyone talk about it so I don't know if it's widespread or not and being fixed. Desire to play continues to plummet, sucks.

Raven117

I do wish the game doles out SOME exp before the end of a mission.

Weird things like crashes. Random kicks… etc can really deflate a good run and wanting to play more.

Killjoy-NL

I do wish the game doles out SOME exp before the end of a mission.

Weird things like crashes. Random kicks… etc can really deflate a good run and wanting to play more.
After a while, lvl 25 I think, exp becomes completely pointless though.

All you need are medals and samples and even those stack up pretty fast. Even with all the games issues.

The only thing that is harder to get are the pink samples.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

The reset of your equipment and every pop up tutorial (which then never goes away...) bug is so fucking annoying, it makes it basically unplayable, yet I'm hardly seeing anyone talk about it so I don't know if it's widespread or not and being fixed. Desire to play continues to plummet, sucks.
For what it's worth I haven't had these bugs but a whole lot of others relating to lobbies, matchmaking and the game crashing.

Luipadre

Is there a reason why the dualsense haptics and trigger effects are not exactly the same on PC as the PS5 version? PC has dualsense support, but its a lot weaker compared to the PS5 version.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Hi, I started on PS5 but I heard they are looking into cross-progression. Is there a timeline? Want to double dip but do not want to start over with everything.

Raven117

All you need are medals and samples and even those stack up pretty fast. Even with all the games issues.

Gotcha. I’ll quit worrying about it

Embearded

For now at least.
I think its safe to assume that some of the future additions will require higher levels to unlock.

Killjoy-NL

For now at least.
I think its safe to assume that some of the future additions will require higher levels to unlock.
Yeah, that's true.

But for now you can just focus on completing the missions and farm materials. You'll level up regardless.
Little point in trying too hard to clear the entire map and risk losing materials, which for now are more valuable for upgrading your ship.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yeah, the servers are (still) in pieces. I played 6 games, only completed 2. After a few minutes the game starts to lag and then disconnects.
I did not have those issues before, or at least not at this frequency. Such a bummer.

Top Bottom